Chitrangada Singh Divorces Golfer Husband Jyoti Randhawa: Reports
By Arijita Bhowmik | April 18, 2014 3:30 PM EST
After months of speculation, sultry actress Chitrangada Singh and husband Jyoti Randhawa have reportedly parted ways.
Last year, reports of trouble in the couple's marriage had surfaced as they were spotted visiting a family court in Gurgaon. There were also reports that the couple was seeking divorce, but Singh's spokesperson dismissed the claims saying that the actress and her husband were dealing with some property settlement issue.
However, it has now been confirmed that Singh had actually filed for divorce from her golfer husband and was granted the same on 11 November, 2013, reported Hindustan Times.
The custody of the couple's son Zoravar Randhawa was granted to the actress. "I can neither deny nor confirm the divorce. It is a matter of public record," Singh's counsel Osama Suhail told the daily.
It is being alleged that Singh's foray into the film industry has caused trouble in the couple's 13-year-old marriage. The distance factor seems to have affected their relationship as Singh moved to Mumbai to pursue her film career, while Randhawa is based in Delhi.
Further, there were also reports about the actress's alleged link-up with director Sudhir Mishra, who has often referred her as his muse. However, Singh has repeatedly rubbished the reports.
The actress made an impressive debut with Mishra's "Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi" in 2003. Since then, she has starred in several films including "Kal" (2005), "Sorry Bhai" (2008), "Yeh Saali Zindagi" (2011), "Desi Boyz" (2011) , "Inkaar" (2013), and "I, Me Aur Main" (2013). She will be next seen doing an item number in south star Suriya's upcoming Tamil film "Anjaan."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored