Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Near Signing Madrid Forward for £35million as Discussions Take Place
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 18, 2014 1:46 PM EST
Chelsea are reportedly getting close to sealing a deal to acquire forward Diego Costa from Atleco Madrid.
Chelsea are suggested to be closing in on signing Atletico Madrid forward Diego Costa
Goal suggests that several discussions have already taken place in the past few weeks.
The Brazil-born Spain international has reached superstar status this season as he has proven that he can rack up goals consistently for the Rojiblancos in the La Liga as well as in the Champions League.
He has, so far, tallied 26 goals in the Spanish top-tier, only two behind leader Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo, while also proving that he can take advantage of the attention that he gets from the oppositions' defence, recording a total of 4 assists.
The 25-year-old's impending participation in the upcoming World Cup with Spain will only mean that the value of his stocks can skyrocket, and the Blues can be expected to make a move before that happens.
The west London outfit are claimed to have placed a £35million bid for Costa, five million more than the stipulated release clause on his contract, in an attempt to convince the Vicente Calderon side to sell him.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Liverpool FC: Brendan Rodgers Accedes That His Days As Reds Boss Could Be Numbered
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James