Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Near Signing Madrid Forward for £35million as Discussions Take Place
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 18, 2014 1:46 PM EST
Chelsea are reportedly getting close to sealing a deal to acquire forward Diego Costa from Atleco Madrid.
Chelsea are suggested to be closing in on signing Atletico Madrid forward Diego Costa
Goal suggests that several discussions have already taken place in the past few weeks.
The Brazil-born Spain international has reached superstar status this season as he has proven that he can rack up goals consistently for the Rojiblancos in the La Liga as well as in the Champions League.
He has, so far, tallied 26 goals in the Spanish top-tier, only two behind leader Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo, while also proving that he can take advantage of the attention that he gets from the oppositions' defence, recording a total of 4 assists.
The 25-year-old's impending participation in the upcoming World Cup with Spain will only mean that the value of his stocks can skyrocket, and the Blues can be expected to make a move before that happens.
The west London outfit are claimed to have placed a £35million bid for Costa, five million more than the stipulated release clause on his contract, in an attempt to convince the Vicente Calderon side to sell him.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports