Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Near Signing Madrid Forward for £35million as Discussions Take Place
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 18, 2014 1:46 PM EST
Chelsea are reportedly getting close to sealing a deal to acquire forward Diego Costa from Atleco Madrid.
Chelsea are suggested to be closing in on signing Atletico Madrid forward Diego Costa
Goal suggests that several discussions have already taken place in the past few weeks.
The Brazil-born Spain international has reached superstar status this season as he has proven that he can rack up goals consistently for the Rojiblancos in the La Liga as well as in the Champions League.
He has, so far, tallied 26 goals in the Spanish top-tier, only two behind leader Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo, while also proving that he can take advantage of the attention that he gets from the oppositions' defence, recording a total of 4 assists.
The 25-year-old's impending participation in the upcoming World Cup with Spain will only mean that the value of his stocks can skyrocket, and the Blues can be expected to make a move before that happens.
The west London outfit are claimed to have placed a £35million bid for Costa, five million more than the stipulated release clause on his contract, in an attempt to convince the Vicente Calderon side to sell him.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider