Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Near Signing Madrid Forward for £35million as Discussions Take Place
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 18, 2014 1:46 PM EST
Chelsea are reportedly getting close to sealing a deal to acquire forward Diego Costa from Atleco Madrid.
Chelsea are suggested to be closing in on signing Atletico Madrid forward Diego Costa
Goal suggests that several discussions have already taken place in the past few weeks.
The Brazil-born Spain international has reached superstar status this season as he has proven that he can rack up goals consistently for the Rojiblancos in the La Liga as well as in the Champions League.
He has, so far, tallied 26 goals in the Spanish top-tier, only two behind leader Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo, while also proving that he can take advantage of the attention that he gets from the oppositions' defence, recording a total of 4 assists.
The 25-year-old's impending participation in the upcoming World Cup with Spain will only mean that the value of his stocks can skyrocket, and the Blues can be expected to make a move before that happens.
The west London outfit are claimed to have placed a £35million bid for Costa, five million more than the stipulated release clause on his contract, in an attempt to convince the Vicente Calderon side to sell him.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Finland Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares