Watch IPL 7 Video: Delhi Daredevils vs RCB Full Highlights and Replay
By Deepak Vikraman | April 18, 2014 12:50 PM EST
It was a routine victory for the Royal Challengers Bangalore, with their bowlers setting the game up for their incomparable batsmen by restricting the Delhi Daredevils to just 145 for four in 20 overs.
In reply, Kohli and Yuvraj were at their blazing best, with the latter, in particular, shutting out all his naysayers with a typically aggressive innings.
For the Daredevils, a new-look side, which struggled without their skipper Kevin Pietersen, who missed with a finger injury, it will be about finding their rhythm with all the fresh player in their squad.
"Pretty much everything went wrong for us today," stand-in skipper Dinesh Karthik said. "We didn't bat well at the top, and everything went wrong. It's the first game of the season, and we're still learning on who performs which role and it's important for us to learn and come back in the next game."
The RCB team is all about the batsmen, and rightly too considering their ammunition, but it was the bowlers who stepped up to the plate on Thursday night in Sharjah, and Kohli was all praise for his bowling unit.
"It was a 170-plus track and to hold them down to 145 was big," the skipper said. "[Man of the Match [Yuzvendra] Chahal did extremely well, Varun [Aaron] as well and Mitchell [Starc] too."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- NBA Preview: Milwaukee Bucks Look to Develop Youngsters Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine