Watch IPL 7 Video: Delhi Daredevils vs RCB Full Highlights and Replay
By Deepak Vikraman | April 18, 2014 12:50 PM EST
It was a routine victory for the Royal Challengers Bangalore, with their bowlers setting the game up for their incomparable batsmen by restricting the Delhi Daredevils to just 145 for four in 20 overs.
In reply, Kohli and Yuvraj were at their blazing best, with the latter, in particular, shutting out all his naysayers with a typically aggressive innings.
For the Daredevils, a new-look side, which struggled without their skipper Kevin Pietersen, who missed with a finger injury, it will be about finding their rhythm with all the fresh player in their squad.
"Pretty much everything went wrong for us today," stand-in skipper Dinesh Karthik said. "We didn't bat well at the top, and everything went wrong. It's the first game of the season, and we're still learning on who performs which role and it's important for us to learn and come back in the next game."
The RCB team is all about the batsmen, and rightly too considering their ammunition, but it was the bowlers who stepped up to the plate on Thursday night in Sharjah, and Kohli was all praise for his bowling unit.
"It was a 170-plus track and to hold them down to 145 was big," the skipper said. "[Man of the Match [Yuzvendra] Chahal did extremely well, Varun [Aaron] as well and Mitchell [Starc] too."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29