Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Commence Talks with Barcelona to Reacquire Midfielder
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 18, 2014 11:28 AM EST
Liverpool have held discussions to re-acquire Barcelona midfielder Javier Mascherano as Brendan Rodgers looks to add depth to his squad.
Barcelona's Javier Mascherano could be making a Premier League comeback with Liverpool
The Reds are looking to add depth to their squad, anticipating a loaded schedule next season with Champions League qualification almost certain.
They have conceded 42 goals, thus far, in the Premier League in spite of leading in the title race with four more games to play, which is relatively higher than other top sides.
The defensive-minded Argentina international will definitely be a welcome addition, while being versatile enough to also play as a full-back, as he is currently doing in Catalunya.
His experience and veteran leadership could reinforce the stability of the Steven Gerrard-led locker room.
Barca are currently serving a transfer ban imposed by FIFA, but are confident that such decision will be overturned.
The Merseyside outfit are suggested to be willing to shell out £16million for Mascherano.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Without LeBron James, Kevin Durant And Other Stars, Team USA Looks to James Harden As Leader In 2014 FIBA World Cup in Spain
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- UEFA Champions League Draw: Schedule, TV and Live Stream Information
- Marcos Maidana Heavily Praised By Mexican Boxing Legends
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble