Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Commence Talks with Barcelona to Reacquire Midfielder
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 18, 2014 11:28 AM EST
Liverpool have held discussions to re-acquire Barcelona midfielder Javier Mascherano as Brendan Rodgers looks to add depth to his squad.
Barcelona's Javier Mascherano could be making a Premier League comeback with Liverpool
The Reds are looking to add depth to their squad, anticipating a loaded schedule next season with Champions League qualification almost certain.
They have conceded 42 goals, thus far, in the Premier League in spite of leading in the title race with four more games to play, which is relatively higher than other top sides.
The defensive-minded Argentina international will definitely be a welcome addition, while being versatile enough to also play as a full-back, as he is currently doing in Catalunya.
His experience and veteran leadership could reinforce the stability of the Steven Gerrard-led locker room.
Barca are currently serving a transfer ban imposed by FIFA, but are confident that such decision will be overturned.
The Merseyside outfit are suggested to be willing to shell out £16million for Mascherano.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage