Arsenal FC Transfer News: City Keep Tab on Gunners Defender for Summer Move
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 18, 2014 9:26 AM EST
Manchester City are reported to be monitoring the status of Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen as a preparation to making a summer move.
Manchester City are reportedly keeping tab on Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen for a possible summer transfer
The Belgium international spent the majority of the ongoing season on the bench, struggling for form while teammates Laurent Koscielny and Thomas Vermaelen are proving to be formidable partners in the heart of defence.
He only managed to get the starting nod seven times in the Premier League and only once in the Champions League, usually filling in for unavailable or injured starters.
The Sky Blues have raided on the Emirates in the past few years, with Gael Clichy and Samir Nasri moving to Eastlands.
Meanwhile, City skipper Vincent Kompany will suggestedly play a part in persuading his compatriot to play alongside him in England's top-flight, as they do in the Belgian seniors squad.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy