Arsenal FC Transfer News: City Keep Tab on Gunners Defender for Summer Move
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 18, 2014 9:26 AM EST
Manchester City are reported to be monitoring the status of Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen as a preparation to making a summer move.
Manchester City are reportedly keeping tab on Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen for a possible summer transfer
The Belgium international spent the majority of the ongoing season on the bench, struggling for form while teammates Laurent Koscielny and Thomas Vermaelen are proving to be formidable partners in the heart of defence.
He only managed to get the starting nod seven times in the Premier League and only once in the Champions League, usually filling in for unavailable or injured starters.
The Sky Blues have raided on the Emirates in the past few years, with Gael Clichy and Samir Nasri moving to Eastlands.
Meanwhile, City skipper Vincent Kompany will suggestedly play a part in persuading his compatriot to play alongside him in England's top-flight, as they do in the Belgian seniors squad.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery