Apple iOS 7.1.1 Update to Fix Bugs Rolled Out by iOS 7.1
By Pavithra Rathinavel | April 18, 2014 8:53 AM EST
Wiki Commons/کوردی کوردستان
iPhone 5s Black
Although the features and enhancements were brought in by iOS 7.1, software update was praised by critics and users alike. There were many complaints from the users after the update.
iOS 7.1.1 Update
According to 9to5mac, Apple is gearing up to a bug fix (update) to iOS 7.1 called iOS 7.1.1. The Web site saw countless visits from areas around Apple's campus. Apparently, the devices were running on iOS 7.1.1 as shown in their analytics. In all likelihood, the increase in views indicates the bug fix update will come over-the-air to all Apple devices shortly. The Web site also indicated iOS 8 testing inside Apple has also seen a considerable increase in its analytics.
Here is a list of bugs compiled by CNet, introduced after upgrading to iOS 7.1:
1. Battery Drain Issue
Every time Apple sends out its software update, users are bogged down by perennial battery drain issues and the situation was no different. Many users complained of their sudden reduction in battery life once they updated their device to iOS 7.1.
2. Fingerprint Scanner Malfunction
After upgrading to iOS 7.1, many users complained the Apple's touchID (fingerprint scanner) did not work as expected by not recognizing the users' fingerprint.
3. Disabled Bluetooth And Wi-Fi
Fewer users complained the iOS 7.1 update causing their iPhones to disable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity completely. For some users, however, the Bluetooth disconnected sporadically.
4. Bluetooth Pairing (in Cars) And Device Volume Issues
A good bunch of users have complained the iOS 7.1 update has caused Bluetooth connectivity and synchronization problems, especially when using mobile devices in their cars. Upon making a hands-free call, many users realized that the audio is not routed via Bluetooth. Also, iPad volume jammed after upgrading to iOS 7.1.
5. Personal Hotspot Problems
Several users found out the personal hotspot APN settings were not getting saved after iOS 7.1 update. This issue was quite prevalent with iPhone 4 but not with any other models.
To read about - Tips to Fix the Battery Life Problem - Click here.
To read about - What is the Worst Thing About iOS 7.1 Update? - Click here.
To read about - What is the Best Thing About iOS 7.1 Update? - Click here.
To read about - Significantly Less 'App Crashes' Reported After iOS 7.1 Update - Click here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery