Good Friday 2014: 10 Inspiring Quotes, Sayings; 7 Blessings, Prayers to Share on Sacred Day
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | April 18, 2014 4:45 AM EST
Good Friday is one of the most important days for Christians around the world as it commemorates Jesus Christ's crucifixion.
Happy Good Friday 2014: Here are 10 inspiring quotes and saying; seven blessings, prayers and wishes to share on this sacred day. Catholics hold candles during the "Via Crucis" (Way of the Cross) re-enactment during a Holy Week procession to prepare for Good Friday celebrations, in Luque (Photo: Reuters)
The day represents the sacrifices and sufferings of Jesus' life, occurred as a result of various other events in the Holy week, including the triumphal entry of Jesus to Jerusalem on Palm Sunday, where people welcomed him with palm branches, and the washing of the disciples' feet - as a sign of humility - and the last supper, observed on Maundy Thursday.
Whether through prayers, or by reading the Holy Bible, or by simply remembering the sacrifice of Jesus for the sake of the human kind, the events that occurred on this historic day will forever be engraved in the hearts of all humans beings.
Let's mark the occasion with the top inspiring quotes, blessings and prayers to share on this day.
Quotes and Sayings:
1. "Christmas and Easter can be subjects for poetry, but Good Friday, like Auschwitz, cannot. The reality is so horrible, it is not surprising that people should have found it a stumbling block to faith." - W.H Auden
2. "The dripping blood our only drink,
The bloody flesh our only food:
In spite of which we like to think
That we are sound, substantial flesh and blood -
Again, in spite of that, we call this Friday good." - T.S. Eliot
3. "If Christ is God, He cannot sin, and if suffering was a sin in and by itself, He could not have suffered and died for us. However, since He took the most horrific death to redeem us, He showed us in fact that suffering and pain have great power."
4. "Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should like unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed." - 1 Peter, 2: 24
5. "Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.'" - John 11:25-26
6. "God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son." - John 3:16
7. "We may say that on the first Good Friday afternoon was completed that great act by which light conquered darkness and goodness conquered sin. That is the wonder of our Savior's crucifixion." - Phillips Brooks
8. "The cross was two pieces of dead wood; and a helpless, unresisting Man was nailed to it; yet it was mightier than the world, and triumphed, and will ever triumph over it." - Augustus William Hare
9. "Exalt the Cross! God has hung the destiny of the race upon it. Other things we may do in the realm of ethics, and on the lines of philanthropic reforms; but our main duty converges into setting that one glorious beacon of salvation, Calvary's Cross, before the gaze of every immortal soul." - Theodore Ledyard Cuyler
10. "So shall we join the disciples of our Lord, keeping faith in Him in spite of the crucifixion, and making ready, by our loyalty to Him in the days of His darkness, for the time when we shall enter into His triumph in the days of His light." - Philip Ledyard Cuyler
Top 7 Wishes, Prayers and Blessings
1. "Father, into your hands I commend my spirit. In you, O LORD, I take refuge; Let me never be put to shame. In your justice rescue me. Into your hands I commend my spirit; you will redeem me, O LORD, O faithful God." - Psalm 31
2. May on this Good Friday we start it with Fasting & Prayers so that we can bring God's mercy & forgiveness on all mankind. Lets Pray together. - Prayer
3. Mercy Peace and Love,
May the grace and Lord
Surround you and be with you
On Good Friday - Wishes/Blessings
4. I am the witness to his fearless death. I am a token of his last promise
I am the Cross
Blessings on Good Friday - Blessings
5. Good Friday marks the slaying of our Jesus
The unblemished lamb, the perfect sacrifice.
He took our guilt and blamed upon Himself
So we could be with Him in paradise. -Blessings
6. Thinking of You on Good Friday and praying that the Lord keeps you in his Loving care always..... - Wishes
7. Feel good when somebody Misses you
Feel better when somebody Loves you
But feel best when somebody never forgets you. Good Friday... - Wishes
To contact the editor, e-mail: