Usain Bolt Plans to Break his World Records in Berlin World Championships
By Tarish Bhat | April 17, 2014 11:04 PM EST
Poster boy of track and field, Usain Bolt, is confident of improving his 100 and 200 metres world records in the Berlin World Championships, which he had made five years ago.
Usain Bolt confident of improving his world records in the Berlin World Championships
The star sprinter vowed to lower his times that stand at 9.59 (100 metres) and 19.19 (200 metres). Bolt has resumed training for the world championships after making a comeback from a foot injury. He is confident of lowering both the records and is looking forward to getting back to his best.
"I have discussed with my coach what it will take to lower these records, and he thinks it's very possible," said Bolt. "I trust my coach completely, so if coach Mills says they can be broken, then I know I can lower them."
Earlier, it was reported by Bolt's manager that the 27-year-old has a sore foot, but the world record holder is not worried about the injuries and the big Jamaican is now concentrating on the forthcoming season.
"[The injury] is nothing serious ... my experience has taught me that that's just the nature of the sport," Bolt was quoted by The Gleaner.
"Setbacks are a part of track and field. I have come to accept that a long time ago. I had mine, and [I'm] now back in training preparing for the upcoming season."
Apart from his improving his personal timings, Bolt is also aiming to better the 4x200 metres relay record with the Jamaica team in the IAAF World Indoor Relays in The Bahamas.
"[The IAAF World Relays] should be a lot of fun. Relays are always the best part of any championship for me," Bolt said. "Jamaica has a lot of talented athletes, so I have no doubt that we can lower the record."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?