IPL-Twitter Partnership Set to Enhance On Air, On Ground and Online Experience for Fans
By Shruthi SU | April 17, 2014 10:42 PM EST
Hashtag IPL, hashtag you, hashtag the hashtag this IPL season!
#PepsiIPL is probably one of the most trending topics this season. The BCCI has opened a new partnership with Twitter to add more hashtags, so as to make the IPL an engaging experience for tech savvy fans.
"IPL has always set the bar high for fan engagement," Ranjib Biswal, Chairman, IPL Governing Council, said. "This next phase of our partnership with Twitter will ensure that fans can not only take in the action this summer but participate in the fun in real-time with unique interactive experiences."
"After their groundbreaking partnership in 2013, IPL & Twitter are set to unveil a new gold standard of live, interactive, conversational experiences for cricket fans globally, with a partnership that will be seamlessly integrated on-air, on-ground and online," said Sanjay Patel, BCCI Secretary, in a media release.
So what's this IPL-Twitter deal all about?
IPL fans can continue taking selfies, no matter what psychologists have to say about it. So, go ahead, click a selfie and post it on Twitter, with hashtag 'IPL Selfie', and the IPL official website might have you.
To further the interactive mode taken up by the IPL-Twitter partnership, fans will receive a personalised message from the captains of the day's matches. Provided fans tweet @IPL with #Magic, the message will come with the respective captain's photo.
Cricket admirers must have seen a series of Twitter mirror pictures, released during the recently concluded ICC World T20. Following the trend, players of the winning team will click candid pictures for the fans to enjoy.
A media release by the BCCI late Wednesday stated that there will be a new Twitter account for behind-the-scenes happenings, so as to decrease the divide between players and fans.
There is no way one can forget the timings of IPL matches, whether it is in the UAE or in India. However, the BCCI has made sure you would not miss the first ball of any match by tweeting @IPL with hashtag Calender. There will be reminders sent out to each one 10 minutes before the start of play. There will also be frequent updates of conversations with players and visualised Twitter data with IPL Pulse.
The best tweets, smart hashtags and votes for the favourite teams would be showcased in real-time, throughout the match. There will also be Q&A sessions with players and commentators on the @IPL Twitter handle for fans to personally interact with their favourite stars.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around