IPL-Twitter Partnership Set to Enhance On Air, On Ground and Online Experience for Fans
By Shruthi SU | April 17, 2014 10:42 PM EST
Hashtag IPL, hashtag you, hashtag the hashtag this IPL season!
#PepsiIPL is probably one of the most trending topics this season. The BCCI has opened a new partnership with Twitter to add more hashtags, so as to make the IPL an engaging experience for tech savvy fans.
"IPL has always set the bar high for fan engagement," Ranjib Biswal, Chairman, IPL Governing Council, said. "This next phase of our partnership with Twitter will ensure that fans can not only take in the action this summer but participate in the fun in real-time with unique interactive experiences."
"After their groundbreaking partnership in 2013, IPL & Twitter are set to unveil a new gold standard of live, interactive, conversational experiences for cricket fans globally, with a partnership that will be seamlessly integrated on-air, on-ground and online," said Sanjay Patel, BCCI Secretary, in a media release.
So what's this IPL-Twitter deal all about?
IPL fans can continue taking selfies, no matter what psychologists have to say about it. So, go ahead, click a selfie and post it on Twitter, with hashtag 'IPL Selfie', and the IPL official website might have you.
To further the interactive mode taken up by the IPL-Twitter partnership, fans will receive a personalised message from the captains of the day's matches. Provided fans tweet @IPL with #Magic, the message will come with the respective captain's photo.
Cricket admirers must have seen a series of Twitter mirror pictures, released during the recently concluded ICC World T20. Following the trend, players of the winning team will click candid pictures for the fans to enjoy.
A media release by the BCCI late Wednesday stated that there will be a new Twitter account for behind-the-scenes happenings, so as to decrease the divide between players and fans.
There is no way one can forget the timings of IPL matches, whether it is in the UAE or in India. However, the BCCI has made sure you would not miss the first ball of any match by tweeting @IPL with hashtag Calender. There will be reminders sent out to each one 10 minutes before the start of play. There will also be frequent updates of conversations with players and visualised Twitter data with IPL Pulse.
The best tweets, smart hashtags and votes for the favourite teams would be showcased in real-time, throughout the match. There will also be Q&A sessions with players and commentators on the @IPL Twitter handle for fans to personally interact with their favourite stars.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell