IPL-Twitter Partnership Set to Enhance On Air, On Ground and Online Experience for Fans
By Shruthi SU | April 17, 2014 10:42 PM EST
Hashtag IPL, hashtag you, hashtag the hashtag this IPL season!
#PepsiIPL is probably one of the most trending topics this season. The BCCI has opened a new partnership with Twitter to add more hashtags, so as to make the IPL an engaging experience for tech savvy fans.
"IPL has always set the bar high for fan engagement," Ranjib Biswal, Chairman, IPL Governing Council, said. "This next phase of our partnership with Twitter will ensure that fans can not only take in the action this summer but participate in the fun in real-time with unique interactive experiences."
"After their groundbreaking partnership in 2013, IPL & Twitter are set to unveil a new gold standard of live, interactive, conversational experiences for cricket fans globally, with a partnership that will be seamlessly integrated on-air, on-ground and online," said Sanjay Patel, BCCI Secretary, in a media release.
So what's this IPL-Twitter deal all about?
IPL fans can continue taking selfies, no matter what psychologists have to say about it. So, go ahead, click a selfie and post it on Twitter, with hashtag 'IPL Selfie', and the IPL official website might have you.
To further the interactive mode taken up by the IPL-Twitter partnership, fans will receive a personalised message from the captains of the day's matches. Provided fans tweet @IPL with #Magic, the message will come with the respective captain's photo.
Cricket admirers must have seen a series of Twitter mirror pictures, released during the recently concluded ICC World T20. Following the trend, players of the winning team will click candid pictures for the fans to enjoy.
A media release by the BCCI late Wednesday stated that there will be a new Twitter account for behind-the-scenes happenings, so as to decrease the divide between players and fans.
There is no way one can forget the timings of IPL matches, whether it is in the UAE or in India. However, the BCCI has made sure you would not miss the first ball of any match by tweeting @IPL with hashtag Calender. There will be reminders sent out to each one 10 minutes before the start of play. There will also be frequent updates of conversations with players and visualised Twitter data with IPL Pulse.
The best tweets, smart hashtags and votes for the favourite teams would be showcased in real-time, throughout the match. There will also be Q&A sessions with players and commentators on the @IPL Twitter handle for fans to personally interact with their favourite stars.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Boxing News: Freddie Roach Not Buying Into Arum's Claim Of Pacquiao v Mayweather In 2015, Claims 'Money' Will Say 'No' After Algieri Fight
- Door Is Open For Brock Lesnar To Make UFC Return -- Dana White
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports