IPL-Twitter Partnership Set to Enhance On Air, On Ground and Online Experience for Fans
By Shruthi SU | April 17, 2014 10:42 PM EST
Hashtag IPL, hashtag you, hashtag the hashtag this IPL season!
#PepsiIPL is probably one of the most trending topics this season. The BCCI has opened a new partnership with Twitter to add more hashtags, so as to make the IPL an engaging experience for tech savvy fans.
"IPL has always set the bar high for fan engagement," Ranjib Biswal, Chairman, IPL Governing Council, said. "This next phase of our partnership with Twitter will ensure that fans can not only take in the action this summer but participate in the fun in real-time with unique interactive experiences."
"After their groundbreaking partnership in 2013, IPL & Twitter are set to unveil a new gold standard of live, interactive, conversational experiences for cricket fans globally, with a partnership that will be seamlessly integrated on-air, on-ground and online," said Sanjay Patel, BCCI Secretary, in a media release.
So what's this IPL-Twitter deal all about?
IPL fans can continue taking selfies, no matter what psychologists have to say about it. So, go ahead, click a selfie and post it on Twitter, with hashtag 'IPL Selfie', and the IPL official website might have you.
To further the interactive mode taken up by the IPL-Twitter partnership, fans will receive a personalised message from the captains of the day's matches. Provided fans tweet @IPL with #Magic, the message will come with the respective captain's photo.
Cricket admirers must have seen a series of Twitter mirror pictures, released during the recently concluded ICC World T20. Following the trend, players of the winning team will click candid pictures for the fans to enjoy.
A media release by the BCCI late Wednesday stated that there will be a new Twitter account for behind-the-scenes happenings, so as to decrease the divide between players and fans.
There is no way one can forget the timings of IPL matches, whether it is in the UAE or in India. However, the BCCI has made sure you would not miss the first ball of any match by tweeting @IPL with hashtag Calender. There will be reminders sent out to each one 10 minutes before the start of play. There will also be frequent updates of conversations with players and visualised Twitter data with IPL Pulse.
The best tweets, smart hashtags and votes for the favourite teams would be showcased in real-time, throughout the match. There will also be Q&A sessions with players and commentators on the @IPL Twitter handle for fans to personally interact with their favourite stars.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown