'Tenaliraman' Release: Will Vadivelu Starrer Strike Gold at Box Office?
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 17, 2014 9:18 PM EST
Ace comedian Vadivelu's comeback film "Tenaliraman" is all set for a big release on Friday (18 April).
Vadivelu, who took a brief hiatus for two years, is making his comeback to the silver screen with the historic comedy drama "Tenaliraman." The actor's return to the silver screen has raised the expectations among his fans.
Tenaliraman poster (Facebook)
"Tenaliraman" will have a big release not just in India, but also in overseas markets. The film will be releasing in 16 countries including the US, the UK, Singapore, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, according to Sify.
The film was initially slated to hit the screens on 14 April, but was pushed to 18 April to avoid clash with Vishal-Lakshmi Menon's "Naan Sigappu Manithan." The makers of both these films had a discussion and decided to release the films with a gap of one week in a bid to prevent the two big budget entertainers from eating into each other's business.
Directed by Yuvaraj, "Tenaliraman" will have Vadivelu appearing in a double role. The film also has Meenakshi Dixit, Manobala, Radha Ravi, Mansoor Ali Khan, Santhana Bharathi and Shanmugarajan in pivotal roles.
The historic comedy drama, reportedly made on a budget of ₹18 crore, is produced by AGS Entertainment. The Vadivelu starrer will not have a solo release and will be clashing with Vaibhav-Remya Nambeesan's "Damaal Dumeel," which is also set to hit the screens on the same day. Moreover, the film might be facing a tough fight from "Naan Sigappu Manithan" and "Maan Karate," which is already running successfully in theatres.
Despite competition from other films, "Tenaliraman" is expected to take a good opening on the first day of its release, as Vadivelu has a huge fan following.
The film is carrying positive pre-release buzz, thanks to the impressive first look posters and the trailer. The film has rich production values and the trailer indicates that the film will be a visual treat. While the Vadivelu starrer has generated of expectations, it remains to be seen if the film's content will be able to impress the audience and strike gold at the box office.
Getting positive feedback from critics and the audience is important as it will bring more audience to theatres. It will be interesting to see if "Tenaliraman" manages to fetch positive response and perform well at the box office.
Photo credit: Facebook
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage