'Tenaliraman' Release: Will Vadivelu Starrer Strike Gold at Box Office?
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 17, 2014 9:18 PM EST
Ace comedian Vadivelu's comeback film "Tenaliraman" is all set for a big release on Friday (18 April).
Vadivelu, who took a brief hiatus for two years, is making his comeback to the silver screen with the historic comedy drama "Tenaliraman." The actor's return to the silver screen has raised the expectations among his fans.
Tenaliraman poster (Facebook)
"Tenaliraman" will have a big release not just in India, but also in overseas markets. The film will be releasing in 16 countries including the US, the UK, Singapore, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, according to Sify.
The film was initially slated to hit the screens on 14 April, but was pushed to 18 April to avoid clash with Vishal-Lakshmi Menon's "Naan Sigappu Manithan." The makers of both these films had a discussion and decided to release the films with a gap of one week in a bid to prevent the two big budget entertainers from eating into each other's business.
Directed by Yuvaraj, "Tenaliraman" will have Vadivelu appearing in a double role. The film also has Meenakshi Dixit, Manobala, Radha Ravi, Mansoor Ali Khan, Santhana Bharathi and Shanmugarajan in pivotal roles.
The historic comedy drama, reportedly made on a budget of ₹18 crore, is produced by AGS Entertainment. The Vadivelu starrer will not have a solo release and will be clashing with Vaibhav-Remya Nambeesan's "Damaal Dumeel," which is also set to hit the screens on the same day. Moreover, the film might be facing a tough fight from "Naan Sigappu Manithan" and "Maan Karate," which is already running successfully in theatres.
Despite competition from other films, "Tenaliraman" is expected to take a good opening on the first day of its release, as Vadivelu has a huge fan following.
The film is carrying positive pre-release buzz, thanks to the impressive first look posters and the trailer. The film has rich production values and the trailer indicates that the film will be a visual treat. While the Vadivelu starrer has generated of expectations, it remains to be seen if the film's content will be able to impress the audience and strike gold at the box office.
Getting positive feedback from critics and the audience is important as it will bring more audience to theatres. It will be interesting to see if "Tenaliraman" manages to fetch positive response and perform well at the box office.
Photo credit: Facebook
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’