'Tenaliraman' Release: Will Vadivelu Starrer Strike Gold at Box Office?
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 17, 2014 9:18 PM EST
Ace comedian Vadivelu's comeback film "Tenaliraman" is all set for a big release on Friday (18 April).
Vadivelu, who took a brief hiatus for two years, is making his comeback to the silver screen with the historic comedy drama "Tenaliraman." The actor's return to the silver screen has raised the expectations among his fans.
Tenaliraman poster (Facebook)
"Tenaliraman" will have a big release not just in India, but also in overseas markets. The film will be releasing in 16 countries including the US, the UK, Singapore, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, according to Sify.
The film was initially slated to hit the screens on 14 April, but was pushed to 18 April to avoid clash with Vishal-Lakshmi Menon's "Naan Sigappu Manithan." The makers of both these films had a discussion and decided to release the films with a gap of one week in a bid to prevent the two big budget entertainers from eating into each other's business.
Directed by Yuvaraj, "Tenaliraman" will have Vadivelu appearing in a double role. The film also has Meenakshi Dixit, Manobala, Radha Ravi, Mansoor Ali Khan, Santhana Bharathi and Shanmugarajan in pivotal roles.
The historic comedy drama, reportedly made on a budget of ₹18 crore, is produced by AGS Entertainment. The Vadivelu starrer will not have a solo release and will be clashing with Vaibhav-Remya Nambeesan's "Damaal Dumeel," which is also set to hit the screens on the same day. Moreover, the film might be facing a tough fight from "Naan Sigappu Manithan" and "Maan Karate," which is already running successfully in theatres.
Despite competition from other films, "Tenaliraman" is expected to take a good opening on the first day of its release, as Vadivelu has a huge fan following.
The film is carrying positive pre-release buzz, thanks to the impressive first look posters and the trailer. The film has rich production values and the trailer indicates that the film will be a visual treat. While the Vadivelu starrer has generated of expectations, it remains to be seen if the film's content will be able to impress the audience and strike gold at the box office.
Getting positive feedback from critics and the audience is important as it will bring more audience to theatres. It will be interesting to see if "Tenaliraman" manages to fetch positive response and perform well at the box office.
Photo credit: Facebook
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft