Toyota Hydrogen Car to Hit Market in 2015
By greeshma m | April 17, 2014 6:19 PM EST
Filephoto of a hydrogen nozzle plugged into a Toyota Fuel Cell Hybrid Vehicle during the Toyota Advanced Technologies media briefing in Tokyo
Toyota, the pioneer of gasoline-electric hybrid car has been struggling to introduce Hydrogen-powered cars in the market for quite some time now. Now, it has been confirmed that the company will launch a Hydrogen car in the United States, Japan and Europe in 2015.
The car, which is currently monikered as 2015 FC car, or Fuel cell car will resemble the FCV concept shown last year at the Tokyo Auto Show and will offer a range of 500 miles on a single tank of fuel.
2015 FC will use high density fuel stack and will have zero emission. Although the infrastructure and the safety issues still need to be addressed more seriously, Toyota could clear the stumbling blocks to some extent. However, the success of the car is still debated.
"Our unique hybrid history and experience have proven invaluable for the next big leap. Back in 2010, we promised our first fuel cell car for 2015 and we are fully on track to honour our commitment," thegreencar website quoted Karl Schlicht, Toyota's executive vice president in Europe. "Fuel cell is a technology that can secure our concept of personal mobility. That's because fuel cells combine the strengths of EVs and hybrids, with those of conventional cars. That means zero emissions - they only emit water vapour - and full usability; refueling only takes about three minutes."
Reports suggest that the Toyota is working hard on cost-cutting of the Hydrogen cars, thus to make it cheaper when it is launched. The company will introduce the Hydrogen cars in limited numbers initially. The auto majors like Hyundai and Honda are also following the footsteps of Toyota to introduce the all-new hydrogen cars into the auto world. Toyota is also joining hands with BMW for future fuel cell technologies and research.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Coming Out Gay Defies Corporate Norm: Tech Execs Applaud Inspiring Essay
- Bombshell, Shocking And Wild Read: Jefferies & Co. Sage Kelly Forces Wife To Have Sex With Clients For A Deal
- Russia Succeeds Where US Fails: ISS NASA Antares Rocket Explosion Meant to Happen; Russia Successfully Launches Cargo Ship
- The Cost Of Getting Infected With Ebola
- Walmart Sells ‘Fat Girl Costumes’ for Halloween
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]