Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 - Specs And Price Comparison in Australia
By Pavithra Rathinavel | April 17, 2014 6:12 PM EST
When it comes to catering to every kind of users, Samsung devices win hands down with their variety of devices with different price ranges. While the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 got released only in the start of 2014, the Galaxy Tab 3.8.0 was released in the month of June, last year.
Display & Size
The Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 has a much bigger 8.4 inches screen, while the Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 has an 8.0 inches screen. The dimensions of the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 are (8.62 x 5.06 x 0.28) inches and it weighs 336 g, whereas the Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 has dimensions of (8.26 x 4.87 x 0.29) inches and it weighs 319 g.
Tab Pro 8.4 has a much better resolution of 2,560 x 1,600 pixels when compared to Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 which has a 800 x 1,200 pixel resolution.
Hardware & Software
Tab Pro 8.4 is powered by much powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 800, quad core (2300 MHz) Krait processor which houses a 2 GB RAM, whereas Tab 3 is powered by Samsung's Exynos 4 dual core (1500 MHz), ARM Cortex-A9 processor & it houses a 1.5 GB RAM.
The graphics card that comes with Tab Pro 8.4 is Adreno 330 and it gives stunning output when compared to Tab 3 8.0's ARM Mali-400 MP4 graphics processor.
Both the phones have a built-in storage of 16 GB, but it is expandable up to 64 GB with microSD, microSDHC, and microSDXC cards support.
The Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 houses a superior 8 MP (LED Flash) rear facing camera while the Tab 3 houses a 5 MP rear facing camera with autofocus, digital zoom, and geo tagging. On the other hand, the Tab Pro 8.4 has a 2 MP front facing camera and the Tab 3 houses a 1.3 MP front facing camera.
In addition, Tab 3 camera has image sensors, panorama view, night mode and it supports video calling.
The Tab Pro 8.4 has a non-removable Li-Ion 4800 mAh battery, while Tab 3 houses a non-removable Li-Ion 4450 mAh battery. Without a doubt, the Tab Pro 8.4 looks power packed.
Both Tab Pro 8.4 and Tab 3 support Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi and LTE. They also have USB 2.0 and microUSB slots. In addition, the Tab Pro 8.4 supports mobile hotspot.
The Tab Pro 8.4 comes in black and white colors, whereas Tab 3 comes in white and gold shades.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 16GB 4G LTE is priced at AU $519.95 while the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 16GB LTE is priced at AU $429.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports