Guillermo del Toro’s ‘Crimson Peak’ Promises a Kinky & Scary Plot, Tom Hiddleston & Charlie Hunnam Fans Watch Out!
By Riza Ornos | April 17, 2014 5:36 PM EST
After a summer blockbuster "Pacific Rim" with "Sons of Anarchy" star Charlie Hunnam, director Guillermo del Toro is teaming up with Hunnam once again in a thriller movie "Crimson Peak." Now in Canada for his next directorial outing, the "Hellboy" director is currently filming a ghost story set in England with "Alice in Wonderland" actress Mia Wasikowska and "Thor" star Tom Hiddleston.
Charlie Hunnam who is set to play Christian Grey in the film version of EL James's best-selling erotic novel Fifty Shades of Grey, admitted that he is aware that he is not what some fans had in mind for the role.(Reuters)
Del Toro described his latest movie as "a very set-oriented, classical but at the same time modern take on the ghost story. Set in Cumbria in the rural and mountainous region of Northern England, "Crimson Peak" is about a young author who discovers that her charming husband has a secret she is not meant to discover.
"Crimson Peak is a much, much, much smaller movie, completely character-driven. It's an adult movie, an R-rated movie, pretty adult. Shockingly different from anything I've done in the English language," he revealed in an interview posted on Screen Rant. "Normally, when I go to do a movie in America for the spectacle and younger audience, for Blade or whatever. This movie's tone is scary and it's the first time I get to do a movie more akin to what I do in the Spanish movies."
Known as a classic gothic thriller full of blood and sex, "Crimson Peak" will feature very visceral, physical violence. "You're in this sort of sedate romance and then there is this brutal moment where you're like, "Whoa!" And it has a lot of kinky moments. The only kinky moment I've ever shot is the leg f**k in The Devil's Backbone. [laughs] This has a little more kinkiness than that," he added.
Replacing "The Amazing Spiderman" star Emma Stone, Wasikowska is playing Edith Cushing as the film's lead character who discovered that her husband is not what he appears to be. "Sherlock" actor Benedict Cumberbatch was set to play the mysterious husband but was replaced by Hiddleston due to conflicting schedules.
"Crimson Peak" is set to be released in October 16, 2015.
For more picture on the film's set check out the link here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best