Guillermo del Toro’s ‘Crimson Peak’ Promises a Kinky & Scary Plot, Tom Hiddleston & Charlie Hunnam Fans Watch Out!
By Riza Ornos | April 17, 2014 5:36 PM EST
After a summer blockbuster "Pacific Rim" with "Sons of Anarchy" star Charlie Hunnam, director Guillermo del Toro is teaming up with Hunnam once again in a thriller movie "Crimson Peak." Now in Canada for his next directorial outing, the "Hellboy" director is currently filming a ghost story set in England with "Alice in Wonderland" actress Mia Wasikowska and "Thor" star Tom Hiddleston.
Charlie Hunnam who is set to play Christian Grey in the film version of EL James's best-selling erotic novel Fifty Shades of Grey, admitted that he is aware that he is not what some fans had in mind for the role.(Reuters)
Del Toro described his latest movie as "a very set-oriented, classical but at the same time modern take on the ghost story. Set in Cumbria in the rural and mountainous region of Northern England, "Crimson Peak" is about a young author who discovers that her charming husband has a secret she is not meant to discover.
"Crimson Peak is a much, much, much smaller movie, completely character-driven. It's an adult movie, an R-rated movie, pretty adult. Shockingly different from anything I've done in the English language," he revealed in an interview posted on Screen Rant. "Normally, when I go to do a movie in America for the spectacle and younger audience, for Blade or whatever. This movie's tone is scary and it's the first time I get to do a movie more akin to what I do in the Spanish movies."
Known as a classic gothic thriller full of blood and sex, "Crimson Peak" will feature very visceral, physical violence. "You're in this sort of sedate romance and then there is this brutal moment where you're like, "Whoa!" And it has a lot of kinky moments. The only kinky moment I've ever shot is the leg f**k in The Devil's Backbone. [laughs] This has a little more kinkiness than that," he added.
Replacing "The Amazing Spiderman" star Emma Stone, Wasikowska is playing Edith Cushing as the film's lead character who discovered that her husband is not what he appears to be. "Sherlock" actor Benedict Cumberbatch was set to play the mysterious husband but was replaced by Hiddleston due to conflicting schedules.
"Crimson Peak" is set to be released in October 16, 2015.
For more picture on the film's set check out the link here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?