Guillermo del Toro’s ‘Crimson Peak’ Promises a Kinky & Scary Plot, Tom Hiddleston & Charlie Hunnam Fans Watch Out!
By Riza Ornos | April 17, 2014 5:36 PM EST
After a summer blockbuster "Pacific Rim" with "Sons of Anarchy" star Charlie Hunnam, director Guillermo del Toro is teaming up with Hunnam once again in a thriller movie "Crimson Peak." Now in Canada for his next directorial outing, the "Hellboy" director is currently filming a ghost story set in England with "Alice in Wonderland" actress Mia Wasikowska and "Thor" star Tom Hiddleston.
Charlie Hunnam who is set to play Christian Grey in the film version of EL James's best-selling erotic novel Fifty Shades of Grey, admitted that he is aware that he is not what some fans had in mind for the role.(Reuters)
Del Toro described his latest movie as "a very set-oriented, classical but at the same time modern take on the ghost story. Set in Cumbria in the rural and mountainous region of Northern England, "Crimson Peak" is about a young author who discovers that her charming husband has a secret she is not meant to discover.
"Crimson Peak is a much, much, much smaller movie, completely character-driven. It's an adult movie, an R-rated movie, pretty adult. Shockingly different from anything I've done in the English language," he revealed in an interview posted on Screen Rant. "Normally, when I go to do a movie in America for the spectacle and younger audience, for Blade or whatever. This movie's tone is scary and it's the first time I get to do a movie more akin to what I do in the Spanish movies."
Known as a classic gothic thriller full of blood and sex, "Crimson Peak" will feature very visceral, physical violence. "You're in this sort of sedate romance and then there is this brutal moment where you're like, "Whoa!" And it has a lot of kinky moments. The only kinky moment I've ever shot is the leg f**k in The Devil's Backbone. [laughs] This has a little more kinkiness than that," he added.
Replacing "The Amazing Spiderman" star Emma Stone, Wasikowska is playing Edith Cushing as the film's lead character who discovered that her husband is not what he appears to be. "Sherlock" actor Benedict Cumberbatch was set to play the mysterious husband but was replaced by Hiddleston due to conflicting schedules.
"Crimson Peak" is set to be released in October 16, 2015.
For more picture on the film's set check out the link here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories