Guillermo del Toro’s ‘Crimson Peak’ Promises a Kinky & Scary Plot, Tom Hiddleston & Charlie Hunnam Fans Watch Out!
By Riza Ornos | April 17, 2014 5:36 PM EST
After a summer blockbuster "Pacific Rim" with "Sons of Anarchy" star Charlie Hunnam, director Guillermo del Toro is teaming up with Hunnam once again in a thriller movie "Crimson Peak." Now in Canada for his next directorial outing, the "Hellboy" director is currently filming a ghost story set in England with "Alice in Wonderland" actress Mia Wasikowska and "Thor" star Tom Hiddleston.
Charlie Hunnam who is set to play Christian Grey in the film version of EL James's best-selling erotic novel Fifty Shades of Grey, admitted that he is aware that he is not what some fans had in mind for the role.(Reuters)
Del Toro described his latest movie as "a very set-oriented, classical but at the same time modern take on the ghost story. Set in Cumbria in the rural and mountainous region of Northern England, "Crimson Peak" is about a young author who discovers that her charming husband has a secret she is not meant to discover.
"Crimson Peak is a much, much, much smaller movie, completely character-driven. It's an adult movie, an R-rated movie, pretty adult. Shockingly different from anything I've done in the English language," he revealed in an interview posted on Screen Rant. "Normally, when I go to do a movie in America for the spectacle and younger audience, for Blade or whatever. This movie's tone is scary and it's the first time I get to do a movie more akin to what I do in the Spanish movies."
Known as a classic gothic thriller full of blood and sex, "Crimson Peak" will feature very visceral, physical violence. "You're in this sort of sedate romance and then there is this brutal moment where you're like, "Whoa!" And it has a lot of kinky moments. The only kinky moment I've ever shot is the leg f**k in The Devil's Backbone. [laughs] This has a little more kinkiness than that," he added.
Replacing "The Amazing Spiderman" star Emma Stone, Wasikowska is playing Edith Cushing as the film's lead character who discovered that her husband is not what he appears to be. "Sherlock" actor Benedict Cumberbatch was set to play the mysterious husband but was replaced by Hiddleston due to conflicting schedules.
"Crimson Peak" is set to be released in October 16, 2015.
For more picture on the film's set check out the link here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate