Lorde Says Magazine Gave Her A New Nose
By Anne Lu | April 17, 2014 4:58 PM EST
Lorde did not ask for a new nose, but she got one anyway. The Kiwi international star was “pretty sure” a magazine Photoshopped her nose to give her a more regal look.
The 17-year-old Grammy winner claimed that her image has been digitally manipulated once again. As proof, posted a photo of her taken by the Canadian magazine, Fashion, in which she was wearing a black floor-length dress.
New Zealand singer-songwriter Lorde performs at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in Indio, California April 12, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
There doesn’t seem anything wrong with the photo. In fact, Lorde looks beautiful as always. Still, she believes that the image was altered a bit to give her a more perfect-looking nose.
apart from the fact that i'm pretty sure this magazine gave me a new nose (:|), i really like this photo pic.twitter.com/Ehk9QMYPjf
— Lorde (@lordemusic) April 16, 2014
This isn’t the first time Lorde has called out a digitally manipulated picture of herself. In March, she reminded her fans that it’s okay to have flaws after seeing photos from her performance at the Lollapalooza in Santiago, Chile. She posted two posted from the same event in one Twitter post: one shows her with perfect skin, and the other shows her face with pimple marks.
i find this curious - two photos from today, one edited so my skin is perfect and one real. remember flaws are ok :-) pic.twitter.com/PuRhxt2u2O — Lorde (@lordemusic) March 31, 2014
This is the same girl who also shared a photo of her face covered in acne cream back in February.
Meanwhile, the teen queen has just given away $10,000.
Her international breakthrough album “Pure Heroine” was announced as the winner of the New Zealand award-winning body on Wednesday, but instead of grabbing the cash prize that came with winning the award, she said that the organisers should just split it among the other nominees.
“I think everyone is kind of sick of me winning stuff at the moment and other people are more in need of the funds and exposure right now,” she said during her acceptance speech, which was recorded on video from Las Vegas.
“So if you will accept it the prize money and the studio time have been split between this year’s nominees... if you don’t want it that’s cool, too.”
The other finalists who get to share the $10,000 prize are Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Beastwars, Sheep Dog & Wolf, the Phoenix Foundation, David Dallas, @peace, and Jonathan Bree. They also get to share the sponsors’ prizes of studio time, a radio marketing campaign, and a year’s supply of energy drink.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales