Lorde Says Magazine Gave Her A New Nose
By Anne Lu | April 17, 2014 4:58 PM EST
Lorde did not ask for a new nose, but she got one anyway. The Kiwi international star was “pretty sure” a magazine Photoshopped her nose to give her a more regal look.
The 17-year-old Grammy winner claimed that her image has been digitally manipulated once again. As proof, posted a photo of her taken by the Canadian magazine, Fashion, in which she was wearing a black floor-length dress.
New Zealand singer-songwriter Lorde performs at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in Indio, California April 12, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
There doesn’t seem anything wrong with the photo. In fact, Lorde looks beautiful as always. Still, she believes that the image was altered a bit to give her a more perfect-looking nose.
apart from the fact that i'm pretty sure this magazine gave me a new nose (:|), i really like this photo pic.twitter.com/Ehk9QMYPjf
— Lorde (@lordemusic) April 16, 2014
This isn’t the first time Lorde has called out a digitally manipulated picture of herself. In March, she reminded her fans that it’s okay to have flaws after seeing photos from her performance at the Lollapalooza in Santiago, Chile. She posted two posted from the same event in one Twitter post: one shows her with perfect skin, and the other shows her face with pimple marks.
i find this curious - two photos from today, one edited so my skin is perfect and one real. remember flaws are ok :-) pic.twitter.com/PuRhxt2u2O — Lorde (@lordemusic) March 31, 2014
This is the same girl who also shared a photo of her face covered in acne cream back in February.
Meanwhile, the teen queen has just given away $10,000.
Her international breakthrough album “Pure Heroine” was announced as the winner of the New Zealand award-winning body on Wednesday, but instead of grabbing the cash prize that came with winning the award, she said that the organisers should just split it among the other nominees.
“I think everyone is kind of sick of me winning stuff at the moment and other people are more in need of the funds and exposure right now,” she said during her acceptance speech, which was recorded on video from Las Vegas.
“So if you will accept it the prize money and the studio time have been split between this year’s nominees... if you don’t want it that’s cool, too.”
The other finalists who get to share the $10,000 prize are Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Beastwars, Sheep Dog & Wolf, the Phoenix Foundation, David Dallas, @peace, and Jonathan Bree. They also get to share the sponsors’ prizes of studio time, a radio marketing campaign, and a year’s supply of energy drink.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?