British Girl Becomes Mother at 12 to Child of 13-Year-Old Boy, Families Supportive
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 17, 2014 4:43 PM EST
Britain has just got its youngest mother in history as a 12-year-old girl was reported to have given birth to a child.
The confession came from her father who spoke to a radio station. He said that he was proud of his daughter who gave birth to a child at the age of 12. A false name was used to protect the identity of the people concerned. The proud grandfather said that there was no shame but pride associated with the pregnancy of the schoolgirl.
Lu Libing looks at his pregnant wife, Mu, as they pose for pictures during an interview with Reuters at their home in Ganzhou, Jiangxi province March 13, 2014. Lu knew he had only one choice as the birth of his third child approached. He couldn't afford hefty fines that would be meted out by Chinese authorities, so he put the unborn child up for adoption. On the Internet he found "A Home Where Dreams Come True", a website touted as China's biggest online adoption forum, part of an industry that has been largely unregulated for years. Demand for such websites has been fuelled by rural poverty, China's one-child policy, limiting most couples of only one child, and desperate, childless couples.
The young mother's father said that she was his "little daughter." The Independent reported. It does not matter whether she got pregnant or not, he is still proud of her; he said. He said that children at that age tend to go astray. Some of them get indulged in destructive things like drugs. His daughter, on the other hand, "brought something beautiful into the world." He continued to say that the family was "all proud of her."
The father said that the family had come to know about his daughter's pregnancy only a month ago. He said that he broke into tears after he had heard the news. She was already pregnant for eight months before the news broke to her family. The father said that the baby was about to see the world "no matter what." He said that the family could only be supportive about it. Both the families were supportive of the pregnancy, he said.
The schoolgirl apparently got pregnant while she was still in primary school. The father of the baby happens to be a 13-year-old boy whom the girl has a relation with. The combined age of the couple is the youngest in Britain's history. The couple reportedly expressed their wish to raise the child while staying together. The Sun reported that the young couple was "totally in love." The girl happens to "obsessed" with the boy as she thinks it is "true love." They wish to get married to each other.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Centerplate CEO Des Hague Caught Abusing Dog In Vancouver Building Elevator [VIDEO]
- Boyfriend's Welcome Home Tribute In Candles Destroys His House
- The Most Insane Facts About The American Civil War That You May Not Know
- Viral Video Kevin Droniak Grandma: Teenager Shows Grandma Their Videos Together, Grandma Gives Priceless Reaction
- Major Highlights On 1400 Minor’s Sex Assault
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko