British Girl Becomes Mother at 12 to Child of 13-Year-Old Boy, Families Supportive
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 17, 2014 4:43 PM EST
Britain has just got its youngest mother in history as a 12-year-old girl was reported to have given birth to a child.
The confession came from her father who spoke to a radio station. He said that he was proud of his daughter who gave birth to a child at the age of 12. A false name was used to protect the identity of the people concerned. The proud grandfather said that there was no shame but pride associated with the pregnancy of the schoolgirl.
Lu Libing looks at his pregnant wife, Mu, as they pose for pictures during an interview with Reuters at their home in Ganzhou, Jiangxi province March 13, 2014. Lu knew he had only one choice as the birth of his third child approached. He couldn't afford hefty fines that would be meted out by Chinese authorities, so he put the unborn child up for adoption. On the Internet he found "A Home Where Dreams Come True", a website touted as China's biggest online adoption forum, part of an industry that has been largely unregulated for years. Demand for such websites has been fuelled by rural poverty, China's one-child policy, limiting most couples of only one child, and desperate, childless couples.
The young mother's father said that she was his "little daughter." The Independent reported. It does not matter whether she got pregnant or not, he is still proud of her; he said. He said that children at that age tend to go astray. Some of them get indulged in destructive things like drugs. His daughter, on the other hand, "brought something beautiful into the world." He continued to say that the family was "all proud of her."
The father said that the family had come to know about his daughter's pregnancy only a month ago. He said that he broke into tears after he had heard the news. She was already pregnant for eight months before the news broke to her family. The father said that the baby was about to see the world "no matter what." He said that the family could only be supportive about it. Both the families were supportive of the pregnancy, he said.
The schoolgirl apparently got pregnant while she was still in primary school. The father of the baby happens to be a 13-year-old boy whom the girl has a relation with. The combined age of the couple is the youngest in Britain's history. The couple reportedly expressed their wish to raise the child while staying together. The Sun reported that the young couple was "totally in love." The girl happens to "obsessed" with the boy as she thinks it is "true love." They wish to get married to each other.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Of Cambridge ‘Dissed’ By Camilla Parker-Bowles; Delivery Expected In April- Reports
- 'Green Alien Eggs' Spotted on Sydney's Dee Why Beach
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde Attends Father’s Funeral Without Handcuffs, Brother Thanks TPB Founder’s Supporters on Facebook
- Drag Queens Fume That Facebook Is Banning Aliases And Threaten to Drop Out Of It
- Robin Williams Confessed To Loving Billy Connolly Like A Brother In A Final Goodbye Call
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?