‘Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter on Larry King: 'I love the fact that people hate that it’s ending’ [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | April 17, 2014 4:34 PM EST
FX biker drama series "Sons of Anarchy" Season 6 delivered one of the most heartbreaking finales on TV. Now on its seventh and final season, series creator Kurt Sutter revealed on his latest one on one interview with Larry King that he "love the fact that people hate that it's ending."
Together with his creative team of writers, "Sons of Anarchy" season 7 is currently being written and is set to premiere in September for its last explosive season. Known as Otto Delaney on the show, Sutter not only writes and act but also the show's producer and director.
A story about a Northern California biker gang, "Sons of Anarchy" never fails to build a high-testosterone drama thanks to the show's ever-shifting relationship between a mother (Katey Sagal), a son (Charlie Hunnam) and a step-father (Ron Perlman).
Before writing the story of the "Sons," Sutter went up to Northern California and spent some time with an outlaw biker club. During his research, he was moved by the bikers' sense of loyalty and the club's brotherhood. A close knit brotherhood that everything like family, community and laws are all left behind.
While being interviewed by King of Ora TV, Sutter revealed that the rumours about Aaron Paul making a cameo on the show is not yet certain, but he was also clear that he wants to keep the possibility open. He also opens up that part of his success is hiring people who are far more talented than he is, and it all started when he joined as a staff writer in the "S.H.I.E.L.D." and finished it off as an executive producer.
Sutter is also thankful for HBO's "The Sopranos" for paving the way for "Sons of Anarchy," in terms of "people of being able to embrace an outlaw or a hero." He also revealed his wife Katey Sagal inspired the role of Gemma Teller-Morrow, SAMCRO's fearless matriarch.
"She actually inspired the role of Gemma, not that she's as fierce of a mother as Gemma," says Sutter during the interview.
Watch the interview of Larry King with Kurt Sutter here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales