‘Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter on Larry King: 'I love the fact that people hate that it’s ending’ [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | April 17, 2014 4:34 PM EST
FX biker drama series "Sons of Anarchy" Season 6 delivered one of the most heartbreaking finales on TV. Now on its seventh and final season, series creator Kurt Sutter revealed on his latest one on one interview with Larry King that he "love the fact that people hate that it's ending."
Together with his creative team of writers, "Sons of Anarchy" season 7 is currently being written and is set to premiere in September for its last explosive season. Known as Otto Delaney on the show, Sutter not only writes and act but also the show's producer and director.
A story about a Northern California biker gang, "Sons of Anarchy" never fails to build a high-testosterone drama thanks to the show's ever-shifting relationship between a mother (Katey Sagal), a son (Charlie Hunnam) and a step-father (Ron Perlman).
Before writing the story of the "Sons," Sutter went up to Northern California and spent some time with an outlaw biker club. During his research, he was moved by the bikers' sense of loyalty and the club's brotherhood. A close knit brotherhood that everything like family, community and laws are all left behind.
While being interviewed by King of Ora TV, Sutter revealed that the rumours about Aaron Paul making a cameo on the show is not yet certain, but he was also clear that he wants to keep the possibility open. He also opens up that part of his success is hiring people who are far more talented than he is, and it all started when he joined as a staff writer in the "S.H.I.E.L.D." and finished it off as an executive producer.
Sutter is also thankful for HBO's "The Sopranos" for paving the way for "Sons of Anarchy," in terms of "people of being able to embrace an outlaw or a hero." He also revealed his wife Katey Sagal inspired the role of Gemma Teller-Morrow, SAMCRO's fearless matriarch.
"She actually inspired the role of Gemma, not that she's as fierce of a mother as Gemma," says Sutter during the interview.
Watch the interview of Larry King with Kurt Sutter here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic in More ‘Beast’ Action, Nathan Fillion Mulls Caskett Wedding Schedule
- Scandal Season 4 Update: Premiere Episode Title Revealed, A Different New Season
- Transfer News: In Demand Everton Midfielder Silence Speculations by Penning New Deal [VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Reebok Launches Bacon Line to Lure CrossFit and Paleo Diet Fans
- Transfer News: Star Midfielder Pledges Future with Manchester City [VIDEO]
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand