‘Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter on Larry King: 'I love the fact that people hate that it’s ending’ [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | April 17, 2014 4:34 PM EST
FX biker drama series "Sons of Anarchy" Season 6 delivered one of the most heartbreaking finales on TV. Now on its seventh and final season, series creator Kurt Sutter revealed on his latest one on one interview with Larry King that he "love the fact that people hate that it's ending."
Together with his creative team of writers, "Sons of Anarchy" season 7 is currently being written and is set to premiere in September for its last explosive season. Known as Otto Delaney on the show, Sutter not only writes and act but also the show's producer and director.
A story about a Northern California biker gang, "Sons of Anarchy" never fails to build a high-testosterone drama thanks to the show's ever-shifting relationship between a mother (Katey Sagal), a son (Charlie Hunnam) and a step-father (Ron Perlman).
Before writing the story of the "Sons," Sutter went up to Northern California and spent some time with an outlaw biker club. During his research, he was moved by the bikers' sense of loyalty and the club's brotherhood. A close knit brotherhood that everything like family, community and laws are all left behind.
While being interviewed by King of Ora TV, Sutter revealed that the rumours about Aaron Paul making a cameo on the show is not yet certain, but he was also clear that he wants to keep the possibility open. He also opens up that part of his success is hiring people who are far more talented than he is, and it all started when he joined as a staff writer in the "S.H.I.E.L.D." and finished it off as an executive producer.
Sutter is also thankful for HBO's "The Sopranos" for paving the way for "Sons of Anarchy," in terms of "people of being able to embrace an outlaw or a hero." He also revealed his wife Katey Sagal inspired the role of Gemma Teller-Morrow, SAMCRO's fearless matriarch.
"She actually inspired the role of Gemma, not that she's as fierce of a mother as Gemma," says Sutter during the interview.
Watch the interview of Larry King with Kurt Sutter here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch