‘Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter on Larry King: 'I love the fact that people hate that it’s ending’ [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | April 17, 2014 4:34 PM EST
FX biker drama series "Sons of Anarchy" Season 6 delivered one of the most heartbreaking finales on TV. Now on its seventh and final season, series creator Kurt Sutter revealed on his latest one on one interview with Larry King that he "love the fact that people hate that it's ending."
Together with his creative team of writers, "Sons of Anarchy" season 7 is currently being written and is set to premiere in September for its last explosive season. Known as Otto Delaney on the show, Sutter not only writes and act but also the show's producer and director.
A story about a Northern California biker gang, "Sons of Anarchy" never fails to build a high-testosterone drama thanks to the show's ever-shifting relationship between a mother (Katey Sagal), a son (Charlie Hunnam) and a step-father (Ron Perlman).
Before writing the story of the "Sons," Sutter went up to Northern California and spent some time with an outlaw biker club. During his research, he was moved by the bikers' sense of loyalty and the club's brotherhood. A close knit brotherhood that everything like family, community and laws are all left behind.
While being interviewed by King of Ora TV, Sutter revealed that the rumours about Aaron Paul making a cameo on the show is not yet certain, but he was also clear that he wants to keep the possibility open. He also opens up that part of his success is hiring people who are far more talented than he is, and it all started when he joined as a staff writer in the "S.H.I.E.L.D." and finished it off as an executive producer.
Sutter is also thankful for HBO's "The Sopranos" for paving the way for "Sons of Anarchy," in terms of "people of being able to embrace an outlaw or a hero." He also revealed his wife Katey Sagal inspired the role of Gemma Teller-Morrow, SAMCRO's fearless matriarch.
"She actually inspired the role of Gemma, not that she's as fierce of a mother as Gemma," says Sutter during the interview.
Watch the interview of Larry King with Kurt Sutter here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- Australian Liberals Urge Expat Kiwis To Favour John Key In New Zealand Election