PlayStation 4 Firmware 1.7 and PlayStation Now Details Leaked, Reveals Option to Change Names in PSN and Gaming List
By Aditya Bhat | April 17, 2014 4:27 PM EST
Details of Sony's latest video game console, PlayStation 4's upcoming Firmware 1.7 have been leaked. Information about the firmware was scheduled to be revealed by the company by the end of the week.
PlayStation 4 Firmware 1.7 to be released soon, says Sony.
Dark Souls 2: Shrine of Winter Skip Glitch Allows Game to be completed within One and Half Hours; Physical PC Version Release Delayed
However, an industry insider named Tidux has already leaked out some of the details of the updates that Firmware 1.7 will bring to the console.
Tidux revealed that the update will finally allow players to change their name or nickname in PlayStation Network. "To those of you who do not like your PSN name, things are looking brighter #PS4," he wrote, according to Gamepur.
He also revealed that Firmware 1.7 was being helped by Sony Vegas Pro developers, further adding about the PlayStation 4's video suite. "Speaking of video editing, it's some of the guys behind Vegas PRO who helped with latest update, I understand they have found some handy and good solutions," he wrote.
Tidux is the same person who had leaked details on PlayStation 4's User Interface even before Sony has officially announced it.
Meanwhile, there are also reports stating that the Firmware update will add a video editor, which will enable users to save videos and screenshots in USB devices. Players will also be able to turn off their HDCP and capture the game via HDMI.
Sony had also hinted that it will also be improving the broadcast quality in Twitch and Ustream.
This update is likely to release soon enough, as Sony's Chris Owen, the community manager hinted on Twitter, "Goodness, so much news coming out this week".
PlayStation Now Leaked Details
DualShockers has revealed that Sony is currently testing the following list of games for PlayStation Now, the game streaming service. The games being tested are:
- Shadow of the Colossus
- WipeOut HD
- Dead Nation
- PixelJunk Monsters
- Disgaea 4
- Dead or Alive 5
- Critter Crunch
- Matt Hazard: Blood Bath and Beyond
- Zeno Clash II
- Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
- Puzzle Quest: Galactrix
- Rise of the Guardians
- Dead Island
- Payday: The Heist
- Order Up!!
- Alien Rage
- Real Steel
However, it does not confirm if these games will appear for customers too.
Previously, the following games were also said to be tested for PlayStation Now:
- Papo & Yo:
- Killzone 3
- Darksiders II
- MX vs. ATV: Alive
- Ninja Gaiden 3
It also said that the games underwent speed test and the game's loading time had increased drastically.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Sony Xperia Z3 Five Things Unveiled: 2 Metres Water-Resistance, Sprint US, Specifications, LTE Certification, Sports Sensor
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans