PlayStation 4 Firmware 1.7 and PlayStation Now Details Leaked, Reveals Option to Change Names in PSN and Gaming List
By Aditya Bhat | April 17, 2014 4:27 PM EST
Details of Sony's latest video game console, PlayStation 4's upcoming Firmware 1.7 have been leaked. Information about the firmware was scheduled to be revealed by the company by the end of the week.
PlayStation 4 Firmware 1.7 to be released soon, says Sony.
Dark Souls 2: Shrine of Winter Skip Glitch Allows Game to be completed within One and Half Hours; Physical PC Version Release Delayed
However, an industry insider named Tidux has already leaked out some of the details of the updates that Firmware 1.7 will bring to the console.
Tidux revealed that the update will finally allow players to change their name or nickname in PlayStation Network. "To those of you who do not like your PSN name, things are looking brighter #PS4," he wrote, according to Gamepur.
He also revealed that Firmware 1.7 was being helped by Sony Vegas Pro developers, further adding about the PlayStation 4's video suite. "Speaking of video editing, it's some of the guys behind Vegas PRO who helped with latest update, I understand they have found some handy and good solutions," he wrote.
Tidux is the same person who had leaked details on PlayStation 4's User Interface even before Sony has officially announced it.
Meanwhile, there are also reports stating that the Firmware update will add a video editor, which will enable users to save videos and screenshots in USB devices. Players will also be able to turn off their HDCP and capture the game via HDMI.
Sony had also hinted that it will also be improving the broadcast quality in Twitch and Ustream.
This update is likely to release soon enough, as Sony's Chris Owen, the community manager hinted on Twitter, "Goodness, so much news coming out this week".
PlayStation Now Leaked Details
DualShockers has revealed that Sony is currently testing the following list of games for PlayStation Now, the game streaming service. The games being tested are:
- Shadow of the Colossus
- WipeOut HD
- Dead Nation
- PixelJunk Monsters
- Disgaea 4
- Dead or Alive 5
- Critter Crunch
- Matt Hazard: Blood Bath and Beyond
- Zeno Clash II
- Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
- Puzzle Quest: Galactrix
- Rise of the Guardians
- Dead Island
- Payday: The Heist
- Order Up!!
- Alien Rage
- Real Steel
However, it does not confirm if these games will appear for customers too.
Previously, the following games were also said to be tested for PlayStation Now:
- Papo & Yo:
- Killzone 3
- Darksiders II
- MX vs. ATV: Alive
- Ninja Gaiden 3
It also said that the games underwent speed test and the game's loading time had increased drastically.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date