PlayStation 4 Firmware 1.7 and PlayStation Now Details Leaked, Reveals Option to Change Names in PSN and Gaming List
By Aditya Bhat | April 17, 2014 4:27 PM EST
Details of Sony's latest video game console, PlayStation 4's upcoming Firmware 1.7 have been leaked. Information about the firmware was scheduled to be revealed by the company by the end of the week.
PlayStation 4 Firmware 1.7 to be released soon, says Sony.
Dark Souls 2: Shrine of Winter Skip Glitch Allows Game to be completed within One and Half Hours; Physical PC Version Release Delayed
However, an industry insider named Tidux has already leaked out some of the details of the updates that Firmware 1.7 will bring to the console.
Tidux revealed that the update will finally allow players to change their name or nickname in PlayStation Network. "To those of you who do not like your PSN name, things are looking brighter #PS4," he wrote, according to Gamepur.
He also revealed that Firmware 1.7 was being helped by Sony Vegas Pro developers, further adding about the PlayStation 4's video suite. "Speaking of video editing, it's some of the guys behind Vegas PRO who helped with latest update, I understand they have found some handy and good solutions," he wrote.
Tidux is the same person who had leaked details on PlayStation 4's User Interface even before Sony has officially announced it.
Meanwhile, there are also reports stating that the Firmware update will add a video editor, which will enable users to save videos and screenshots in USB devices. Players will also be able to turn off their HDCP and capture the game via HDMI.
Sony had also hinted that it will also be improving the broadcast quality in Twitch and Ustream.
This update is likely to release soon enough, as Sony's Chris Owen, the community manager hinted on Twitter, "Goodness, so much news coming out this week".
PlayStation Now Leaked Details
DualShockers has revealed that Sony is currently testing the following list of games for PlayStation Now, the game streaming service. The games being tested are:
- Shadow of the Colossus
- WipeOut HD
- Dead Nation
- PixelJunk Monsters
- Disgaea 4
- Dead or Alive 5
- Critter Crunch
- Matt Hazard: Blood Bath and Beyond
- Zeno Clash II
- Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
- Puzzle Quest: Galactrix
- Rise of the Guardians
- Dead Island
- Payday: The Heist
- Order Up!!
- Alien Rage
- Real Steel
However, it does not confirm if these games will appear for customers too.
Previously, the following games were also said to be tested for PlayStation Now:
- Papo & Yo:
- Killzone 3
- Darksiders II
- MX vs. ATV: Alive
- Ninja Gaiden 3
It also said that the games underwent speed test and the game's loading time had increased drastically.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- The Release of Xperia Z3 is Nearing Sony Slashes Price of the Xperia Z2 by $200
- The Best Smartphones Yet To Release in 2014
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border