PlayStation 4 Firmware 1.7 and PlayStation Now Details Leaked, Reveals Option to Change Names in PSN and Gaming List
By Aditya Bhat | April 17, 2014 4:27 PM EST
Details of Sony's latest video game console, PlayStation 4's upcoming Firmware 1.7 have been leaked. Information about the firmware was scheduled to be revealed by the company by the end of the week.
PlayStation 4 Firmware 1.7 to be released soon, says Sony.
Dark Souls 2: Shrine of Winter Skip Glitch Allows Game to be completed within One and Half Hours; Physical PC Version Release Delayed
However, an industry insider named Tidux has already leaked out some of the details of the updates that Firmware 1.7 will bring to the console.
Tidux revealed that the update will finally allow players to change their name or nickname in PlayStation Network. "To those of you who do not like your PSN name, things are looking brighter #PS4," he wrote, according to Gamepur.
He also revealed that Firmware 1.7 was being helped by Sony Vegas Pro developers, further adding about the PlayStation 4's video suite. "Speaking of video editing, it's some of the guys behind Vegas PRO who helped with latest update, I understand they have found some handy and good solutions," he wrote.
Tidux is the same person who had leaked details on PlayStation 4's User Interface even before Sony has officially announced it.
Meanwhile, there are also reports stating that the Firmware update will add a video editor, which will enable users to save videos and screenshots in USB devices. Players will also be able to turn off their HDCP and capture the game via HDMI.
Sony had also hinted that it will also be improving the broadcast quality in Twitch and Ustream.
This update is likely to release soon enough, as Sony's Chris Owen, the community manager hinted on Twitter, "Goodness, so much news coming out this week".
PlayStation Now Leaked Details
DualShockers has revealed that Sony is currently testing the following list of games for PlayStation Now, the game streaming service. The games being tested are:
- Shadow of the Colossus
- WipeOut HD
- Dead Nation
- PixelJunk Monsters
- Disgaea 4
- Dead or Alive 5
- Critter Crunch
- Matt Hazard: Blood Bath and Beyond
- Zeno Clash II
- Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
- Puzzle Quest: Galactrix
- Rise of the Guardians
- Dead Island
- Payday: The Heist
- Order Up!!
- Alien Rage
- Real Steel
However, it does not confirm if these games will appear for customers too.
Previously, the following games were also said to be tested for PlayStation Now:
- Papo & Yo:
- Killzone 3
- Darksiders II
- MX vs. ATV: Alive
- Ninja Gaiden 3
It also said that the games underwent speed test and the game's loading time had increased drastically.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James