Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones Make First Public Appearance After Split
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 17, 2014 4:21 PM EST
Catherine Zeta-Jones was seen with Michael Douglas for the first time since they got separated in August. She walked on the red carpet with Douglas on Tuesday, April 15.
Zeta-Jones attended the opening for The Library at The Public Theater in New York. It was the first time she made a public appearance with her husband since their separation. While Douglas looked relaxed wearing a jacket and a button-down shirt, Zeta-Jones wore dark lipstick and a long black dress with a plunging neckline. The 44-year-old actress was reported to be united with her 69-year-old husband, according to her mother-in-law who spoke to The Sun about it in March.
Page Six reported that Douglas' mother told the British magazine that her son and Zeta-Jones were "together". She said that she had known that the couple would "work it out". She described both of them as "gentle people." She said that the couple was always easy and affectionate with each other. No one should interfere in their matters, she said. Zeta-Jones displayed her wedding ring while she posed with her husband at the red carpet.
Earlier in October 2013, Douglas said on The Tonight Show that he was on "a little bit of a break" with Zeta-Jones. Today reported that he sounded optimistic about the break not heading to a divorce. He told Jay Leno that he was "very hopeful" about getting back together. His confidence seems to have worked as the couple made a public appearance together again after a really long time.
Zeta-Jones got married to Douglas, who was 25 years older than her, in 2000. The couple has two children, Carys (10) and Dylan (13). Zeta-Jones admitted in 2011 that she was suffering from bipolar disorder which she sought help for. Douglas revealed in 2010 that he was suffering from cancer which he recovered from eventually. Before that he claimed in January 2013 his cancer was caused by oral sex. He said that he contracted the human papillomavirus while performing oral sex.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS