Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones Make First Public Appearance After Split

  • Rate this Story
  • 0
  • 0

By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 17, 2014 4:21 PM EST

Catherine Zeta-Jones was seen with Michael Douglas for the first time since they got separated in August. She walked on the red carpet with Douglas on Tuesday, April 15.

Zeta-Jones attended the opening for The Library at The Public Theater in New York. It was the first time she made a public appearance with her husband since their separation. While Douglas looked relaxed wearing a jacket and a button-down shirt, Zeta-Jones wore dark lipstick and a long black dress with a plunging neckline. The 44-year-old actress was reported to be united with her 69-year-old husband, according to her mother-in-law who spoke to The Sun about it in March.

Page Six reported that Douglas' mother told the British magazine that her son and Zeta-Jones were "together". She said that she had known that the couple would "work it out". She described both of them as "gentle people." She said that the couple was always easy and affectionate with each other. No one should interfere in their matters, she said. Zeta-Jones displayed her wedding ring while she posed with her husband at the red carpet.

Earlier in October 2013, Douglas said on The Tonight Show that he was on "a little bit of a break" with Zeta-Jones. Today reported that he sounded optimistic about the break not heading to a divorce. He told Jay Leno that he was "very hopeful" about getting back together. His confidence seems to have worked as the couple made a public appearance together again after a really long time.

Zeta-Jones got married to Douglas, who was 25 years older than her, in 2000. The couple has two children, Carys (10) and Dylan (13). Zeta-Jones admitted in 2011 that she was suffering from bipolar disorder which she sought help for. Douglas revealed in 2010 that he was suffering from cancer which he recovered from eventually. Before that he claimed in January 2013 his cancer was caused by oral sex. He said that he contracted the human papillomavirus while performing oral sex.

To contact the editor, e-mail:

  • Rate this Story
  • 0
  • 0
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.com.au, the business news leader

Join the Conversation

IBTimes TV
E-Newsletters

We value your privacy. Your email address will not be shared.