Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones Make First Public Appearance After Split
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 17, 2014 4:21 PM EST
Catherine Zeta-Jones was seen with Michael Douglas for the first time since they got separated in August. She walked on the red carpet with Douglas on Tuesday, April 15.
Zeta-Jones attended the opening for The Library at The Public Theater in New York. It was the first time she made a public appearance with her husband since their separation. While Douglas looked relaxed wearing a jacket and a button-down shirt, Zeta-Jones wore dark lipstick and a long black dress with a plunging neckline. The 44-year-old actress was reported to be united with her 69-year-old husband, according to her mother-in-law who spoke to The Sun about it in March.
Page Six reported that Douglas' mother told the British magazine that her son and Zeta-Jones were "together". She said that she had known that the couple would "work it out". She described both of them as "gentle people." She said that the couple was always easy and affectionate with each other. No one should interfere in their matters, she said. Zeta-Jones displayed her wedding ring while she posed with her husband at the red carpet.
Earlier in October 2013, Douglas said on The Tonight Show that he was on "a little bit of a break" with Zeta-Jones. Today reported that he sounded optimistic about the break not heading to a divorce. He told Jay Leno that he was "very hopeful" about getting back together. His confidence seems to have worked as the couple made a public appearance together again after a really long time.
Zeta-Jones got married to Douglas, who was 25 years older than her, in 2000. The couple has two children, Carys (10) and Dylan (13). Zeta-Jones admitted in 2011 that she was suffering from bipolar disorder which she sought help for. Douglas revealed in 2010 that he was suffering from cancer which he recovered from eventually. Before that he claimed in January 2013 his cancer was caused by oral sex. He said that he contracted the human papillomavirus while performing oral sex.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People