Formula One News: Hamilton Eyeing Hat-Trick of Wins in Shanghai
By Tarish Bhatt | April 17, 2014 4:18 PM EST
Fresh from back-to-back victories, Lewis Hamilton will look to extend his winning streak to three in this weekend's Formula One Chinese Grand Prix at the Shanghai International Circuit.
Both Hamilton and Mercedes are looking forward to continuing their winning momentum and strengthening their grip in the world championship, on a circuit that is expected to favour the Silver Arrows.
Mercedes have won all three races of the season with two one-two finishes in Malaysia and Bahrain, with Hamilton's teammate Nico Rosberg winning the opening Australian GP and finishing second in the next two races behind the Brit.
Hamilton believes after an incredible weekend in Bahrain the whole team is focused on getting the maximum out of the car and building on the strong start to the season.
"It's been good to have a bit of a break after such a long stint away but I'm already looking forward to getting back in the car," Hamilton said. "The last race in Bahrain was fantastic, not just for us as a team but for the sport and I'm sure it won't be the last time we see a great show this year.
"I'm in a really good place at the moment and walking around the garage too, you can see the positive energy within the team right now. Everyone is focused on getting the maximum from these early races and continuing to build beyond the strong start we've made to the season.
Hamilton is the most successful driver in the Shanghai International Circuit with two wins. However, he blew away his championship hopes in his 2007 debut season with McLaren by going into the gravel trap.
The 29-year-old former world champion, who had finished last year's race in third place after starting from pole position, added the Shanghai track suits his driving style and he is getting stronger with every outing in China.
"I've had some ups and downs in China," he added. "On one side I've only finished outside of the podium places twice at this circuit. On the other, in my first season in Formula One I threw away a championship lead here by going into the gravel coming into the pits.
"Generally, though, I'm getting stronger every time I come to this track and it suits my driving style quite well. The aim, as always, is to win and if I could make it three in a row this weekend that would be incredible.
Mercedes currently lead the points table with 111 points, 67 points clear of second-placed Force India. In the drivers' championship Nico Rosberg (61 points) and Hamilton (50 points) are first and second, respectively.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones