Box Office: Vishal's 'Naan Sigappu Manithan' 5-Day Collections in TN
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 17, 2014 4:03 PM EST
Vishal-Lakshmi Menon's "Naan Sigappu Manithan" (NSM) has performed decent business at the Tamil Nadu box office.
Vishal in "Naan Sigappu Manithan" poster (Facebook)
The revenge drama flick has grossed around ₹10.25 crore in five days in the state. Since the film did not get a tax exemption due to "U/A" certificate, it minted around the ₹8 crore nett, according to Behindwoods website.
"Naan Sigappu Manithan" took good opening upon its release on 11 April. Despite facing competition from Sivakarthikeyan's "Maan Karate," the Vishal starrer managed to perform well at the box office. Positive word of mouth and four-day-long weekend (including Tamil New Year Day) have worked in the film's favour and it raked in decent collections.
The film is expected to end the first week on a good note. However, it remains to be seen if the Thiru directorial will be able to sustain its momentum at the box office in its second week as Vadivelu's comeback film "Tenaliraman" is all set to hit screens on Friday (18 April).
Although "Naan Sigappu Manithan" received good reviews, there were a few drawbacks such as bad placement of songs and the film's run time. Following feedback from the film's distributors, the film's team has decided to trim it by seven minutes. Accordingly, one song ("Idhayam unnai theduthey") has been removed and two scenes in the second half have been shortened. The new version will be screened across theatres in TN from Thursday (17 April).
Dhananjayan Govind of UTV Motion Pictures, the co-producers of "Naan Sigappu Manithan", has confirmed the news on his twitter handle.
Based on feedback from our distributors, 7 minutes trimmed version of #NSM is playing from today in most screens. From tomorrow across TN— Dhananjayan Govind (@Dhananjayang) April 16, 2014
#NSM trimmed by removing 'Idhayam unnai theduthey ...' song & 2 scenes shortened in the 2nd half. Do watch the new version in theatres— Dhananjayan Govind (@Dhananjayang) April 16, 2014
Photo Credit: Facebook/Naan Sigappu Manithan
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’