Box Office: Vishal's 'Naan Sigappu Manithan' 5-Day Collections in TN
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 17, 2014 4:03 PM EST
Vishal-Lakshmi Menon's "Naan Sigappu Manithan" (NSM) has performed decent business at the Tamil Nadu box office.
Vishal in "Naan Sigappu Manithan" poster (Facebook)
The revenge drama flick has grossed around ₹10.25 crore in five days in the state. Since the film did not get a tax exemption due to "U/A" certificate, it minted around the ₹8 crore nett, according to Behindwoods website.
"Naan Sigappu Manithan" took good opening upon its release on 11 April. Despite facing competition from Sivakarthikeyan's "Maan Karate," the Vishal starrer managed to perform well at the box office. Positive word of mouth and four-day-long weekend (including Tamil New Year Day) have worked in the film's favour and it raked in decent collections.
The film is expected to end the first week on a good note. However, it remains to be seen if the Thiru directorial will be able to sustain its momentum at the box office in its second week as Vadivelu's comeback film "Tenaliraman" is all set to hit screens on Friday (18 April).
Although "Naan Sigappu Manithan" received good reviews, there were a few drawbacks such as bad placement of songs and the film's run time. Following feedback from the film's distributors, the film's team has decided to trim it by seven minutes. Accordingly, one song ("Idhayam unnai theduthey") has been removed and two scenes in the second half have been shortened. The new version will be screened across theatres in TN from Thursday (17 April).
Dhananjayan Govind of UTV Motion Pictures, the co-producers of "Naan Sigappu Manithan", has confirmed the news on his twitter handle.
Based on feedback from our distributors, 7 minutes trimmed version of #NSM is playing from today in most screens. From tomorrow across TN— Dhananjayan Govind (@Dhananjayang) April 16, 2014
#NSM trimmed by removing 'Idhayam unnai theduthey ...' song & 2 scenes shortened in the 2nd half. Do watch the new version in theatres— Dhananjayan Govind (@Dhananjayang) April 16, 2014
Photo Credit: Facebook/Naan Sigappu Manithan
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market