Box Office: Vishal's 'Naan Sigappu Manithan' 5-Day Collections in TN
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 17, 2014 4:03 PM EST
Vishal-Lakshmi Menon's "Naan Sigappu Manithan" (NSM) has performed decent business at the Tamil Nadu box office.
Vishal in "Naan Sigappu Manithan" poster (Facebook)
The revenge drama flick has grossed around ₹10.25 crore in five days in the state. Since the film did not get a tax exemption due to "U/A" certificate, it minted around the ₹8 crore nett, according to Behindwoods website.
"Naan Sigappu Manithan" took good opening upon its release on 11 April. Despite facing competition from Sivakarthikeyan's "Maan Karate," the Vishal starrer managed to perform well at the box office. Positive word of mouth and four-day-long weekend (including Tamil New Year Day) have worked in the film's favour and it raked in decent collections.
The film is expected to end the first week on a good note. However, it remains to be seen if the Thiru directorial will be able to sustain its momentum at the box office in its second week as Vadivelu's comeback film "Tenaliraman" is all set to hit screens on Friday (18 April).
Although "Naan Sigappu Manithan" received good reviews, there were a few drawbacks such as bad placement of songs and the film's run time. Following feedback from the film's distributors, the film's team has decided to trim it by seven minutes. Accordingly, one song ("Idhayam unnai theduthey") has been removed and two scenes in the second half have been shortened. The new version will be screened across theatres in TN from Thursday (17 April).
Dhananjayan Govind of UTV Motion Pictures, the co-producers of "Naan Sigappu Manithan", has confirmed the news on his twitter handle.
Based on feedback from our distributors, 7 minutes trimmed version of #NSM is playing from today in most screens. From tomorrow across TN— Dhananjayan Govind (@Dhananjayang) April 16, 2014
#NSM trimmed by removing 'Idhayam unnai theduthey ...' song & 2 scenes shortened in the 2nd half. Do watch the new version in theatres— Dhananjayan Govind (@Dhananjayang) April 16, 2014
Photo Credit: Facebook/Naan Sigappu Manithan
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Finale Spoiler: Blake Proposes To Top Favourite Of Season 2
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money