Box Office: Vishal's 'Naan Sigappu Manithan' 5-Day Collections in TN
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 17, 2014 4:03 PM EST
Vishal-Lakshmi Menon's "Naan Sigappu Manithan" (NSM) has performed decent business at the Tamil Nadu box office.
Vishal in "Naan Sigappu Manithan" poster (Facebook)
The revenge drama flick has grossed around ₹10.25 crore in five days in the state. Since the film did not get a tax exemption due to "U/A" certificate, it minted around the ₹8 crore nett, according to Behindwoods website.
"Naan Sigappu Manithan" took good opening upon its release on 11 April. Despite facing competition from Sivakarthikeyan's "Maan Karate," the Vishal starrer managed to perform well at the box office. Positive word of mouth and four-day-long weekend (including Tamil New Year Day) have worked in the film's favour and it raked in decent collections.
The film is expected to end the first week on a good note. However, it remains to be seen if the Thiru directorial will be able to sustain its momentum at the box office in its second week as Vadivelu's comeback film "Tenaliraman" is all set to hit screens on Friday (18 April).
Although "Naan Sigappu Manithan" received good reviews, there were a few drawbacks such as bad placement of songs and the film's run time. Following feedback from the film's distributors, the film's team has decided to trim it by seven minutes. Accordingly, one song ("Idhayam unnai theduthey") has been removed and two scenes in the second half have been shortened. The new version will be screened across theatres in TN from Thursday (17 April).
Dhananjayan Govind of UTV Motion Pictures, the co-producers of "Naan Sigappu Manithan", has confirmed the news on his twitter handle.
Based on feedback from our distributors, 7 minutes trimmed version of #NSM is playing from today in most screens. From tomorrow across TN— Dhananjayan Govind (@Dhananjayang) April 16, 2014
#NSM trimmed by removing 'Idhayam unnai theduthey ...' song & 2 scenes shortened in the 2nd half. Do watch the new version in theatres— Dhananjayan Govind (@Dhananjayang) April 16, 2014
Photo Credit: Facebook/Naan Sigappu Manithan
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best