‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ New Trailer Released—Fans Ask Why Charles is Walking
By Sachin Trivedi | April 17, 2014 3:51 PM EST
A new trailer of the upcoming movie "X-Men: Days of Future Past" has been released. The trailer gives viewers a better look at the Sentinels and their fighting capabilities. There are many questions in the minds of fans though that only the movie can answer.
The Sentinels are mutant-hunting robots created by a scientist called Bolivar Trask. According to the trailer, the robots eventually start to target normal people as well. Viewers get to see the tall, purple robots in action in the new trailer.
The main focus of the movie is to stop the war before it begins. The mutants come together in order to save themselves from becoming extinct. Wolverine is chosen to be sent back in time to ensure that the war does not happen.
Viewers will see actors from the "X-Men: First Class" movie joined by the actors from the previous "X-Men" movies. The young Charles Xavier is played by James McAvoy and the older Charles Xavier is played by Patrick Stewart. The young Magneto is played by Michael Fassbender and the older Magneto is played by Ian McKellen. The role of Bolivar Trask is played by Peter Dinklage.
There were some eyebrows raised when fans saw the young Charles Xavier walking in the "X-Men: Days of Future Past" trailer. The character was supposed to be paralysed from the waist down. Viewers can see him in a wheel chair later in the trailer, leaving fans wondering if the movie will show new events of Charles becoming paralysed all over again.
One theory in the minds of fans is that Wolverine could have travelled in the past before the events of the movie "X-Men: First Class" took place. This would give the movie ample room to sidestep having to pick the storyline from the previous movies.
With so many characters and the concept of time travel involved, some fans are concerned that the storyline could get very confusing. But fans who are going to the theatres to only enjoy the action sequences may not be disappointed.
Another concern some fans have concerns Wolverine. Since he is going back in time in "X-Men: Days of Future Past," he will not have the metallic claws, which are indestructible, but the bone claws that he had before.
Will "X-Men: Days of Future Past" meet fans' expectations? Or will it be a disappointment? So far, the good reviews for the movie outweigh the negative reactions. It remains to be seen if this will translate into actual revenue for the movie.
(Credit: YouTube/X-Men Movies)
More Articles to Read
Box Office Report - 'Rio 2' Fails to Stop the March of 'Captain America 2' [Read]
Barry O'Farrell Resigns Over a Bottle of Wine and Bad Memory [Read]
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Episode 2 Recap and Spoilers—Weddings in Westeros are Not to be Missed [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Portia De Rossi And Ellen DeGeneres Address 'Epic Fight' Story
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown