Cameron Diaz Believes in Polygamy, Having 'Lots of Lovers' is Better
By nidhi tewari | April 17, 2014 3:50 PM EST
Cameron Diaz is a great believer of polygamy. The 41-year-old actress who is promoting her new movie, "The Other Woman," with Kate Upton said it is fine for a man to have multiple partners.
The actress also believed it is impossible for a man to understand all the needs of a woman in a relationship.
Actress Cameron Diaz poses for photographers as she arrives for the UK Gala screening of The Other Woman in London April 2, 2014. REUTERS/Neil Hall
"For some reason, we get into relationships and we expect one man to understand 'all' the parts of us and meet all of those needs. I think that's where everything fails," mirror.co.uk quoted Diaz as saying.
The magazine then asked Diaz if she believes it is fine with a man to have lots of partners, the actress revealed, "Why not? Why would that be so bad?"
"The Other Woman" is also a movie that deals with the issue of fidelity. The actress then goes on to explain that if she can expect her girlfriends to have lots of other friends, why can't same be true for men?
"We can have all of these girlfriends, all of these friendships. ... We like things that others don't like," the actress revealed.
"That's perfectly fine that she doesn't like to do the thousands of other things that I like to do. I'm perfectly okay with that with her," she added.
The "There's Something About Mary" actress then revealed she does not believe in striving for perfection and she finds it normal to do wrong things in life. But what matters to her the most is that she "finds her way back" every time to happiness and not sadness.
"But my goal is to always find my way back. It's an equation over life, it's more good over bad, happiness than sadness," the actress revealed.
Cameron said she has always believed in chasing happiness over sadness and that is her ultimate goal in life.
"If you go back 20 years to the first interviews that I ever did, I said, 'Happy, hopefully,' [in response to questions about my future]. That's still my goal," she said.
The blonde actress claimed in living in the moment and not wondering about her past or future. She believed in letting life happen as it is and not getting worried about future.
"Where else are you supposed to go? I am very much a person who lives in the moment, and I have always been that way. I don't project. I don't worry about where I am going to go or what I am going to do, or how it's going to happen," Cameron told the Web site.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family