Cameron Diaz Believes in Polygamy, Having 'Lots of Lovers' is Better
By nidhi tewari | April 17, 2014 3:50 PM EST
Cameron Diaz is a great believer of polygamy. The 41-year-old actress who is promoting her new movie, "The Other Woman," with Kate Upton said it is fine for a man to have multiple partners.
The actress also believed it is impossible for a man to understand all the needs of a woman in a relationship.
Actress Cameron Diaz poses for photographers as she arrives for the UK Gala screening of The Other Woman in London April 2, 2014. REUTERS/Neil Hall
"For some reason, we get into relationships and we expect one man to understand 'all' the parts of us and meet all of those needs. I think that's where everything fails," mirror.co.uk quoted Diaz as saying.
The magazine then asked Diaz if she believes it is fine with a man to have lots of partners, the actress revealed, "Why not? Why would that be so bad?"
"The Other Woman" is also a movie that deals with the issue of fidelity. The actress then goes on to explain that if she can expect her girlfriends to have lots of other friends, why can't same be true for men?
"We can have all of these girlfriends, all of these friendships. ... We like things that others don't like," the actress revealed.
"That's perfectly fine that she doesn't like to do the thousands of other things that I like to do. I'm perfectly okay with that with her," she added.
The "There's Something About Mary" actress then revealed she does not believe in striving for perfection and she finds it normal to do wrong things in life. But what matters to her the most is that she "finds her way back" every time to happiness and not sadness.
"But my goal is to always find my way back. It's an equation over life, it's more good over bad, happiness than sadness," the actress revealed.
Cameron said she has always believed in chasing happiness over sadness and that is her ultimate goal in life.
"If you go back 20 years to the first interviews that I ever did, I said, 'Happy, hopefully,' [in response to questions about my future]. That's still my goal," she said.
The blonde actress claimed in living in the moment and not wondering about her past or future. She believed in letting life happen as it is and not getting worried about future.
"Where else are you supposed to go? I am very much a person who lives in the moment, and I have always been that way. I don't project. I don't worry about where I am going to go or what I am going to do, or how it's going to happen," Cameron told the Web site.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 'Arrow' Season 3 Updates: Oliver Queen And Team Go To Barry Allen's Central City (Spoilers)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Ramsay Bolton
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Best Buy,Target And Amazon Offer Huge Discounts On Tablets Like iPad Air 2, Shield Tablet, Surface Pro 3 And More
- Canada Jetlines Files For C$50 Million Airline IPO