When is Easter 2014? Plus Top 5 Easter Holiday Deals in Australia
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 17, 2014 3:30 PM EST
Easter celebrates the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and is considered as a great feast in the Christian calendar. When is Easter in 2014? Easter Sunday is on April 20, 2014. The date of Easter changes according to the moon. Easter is celebrated on the first Sunday that falls after the full moon following the vernal equinox.
In 2014, the vernal equinox was not until March 20 and that is why Easter falls in late April.
Top 5 Easter Holiday Deals in Australia
1. QT Gold Coast, Queensland: One can celebrate Easter with loved ones at the QT Gold Coast. According to Daily Telegraph, they are offering a Golden Easter Package at $210 a night for a three-night stay (minimum). The guest will enjoy two-for-one breakfast at the Bazaar Restaurant and stay in a room with a fine view. Also, the package includes a huge chocolate Easter egg with a 'Golden Ticket' for a free night stay at QT Port Douglas (a sister hotel). Visit qtgoldcoast.com.au for more details. This offer is valid until April 25.
2. Canberra City YHA: Enjoy the Easter holidays with Canberra City YHA's "Family Fun 3-in-1" package. The package includes accommodation for a family of four. The guests also get passes to the Australian Institute of Sport and Cockington Green Gardens and Questacon (National Science and Technology Centre of Australia). Visit yha.com.au for more info.
3. Metro Hotel Sydney Central, NSW: The "Easter Family" package at Metro Hotel Sydney Central priced at $245 a night is a great deal. The package includes Easter chocolates, overnight accommodation in a superior room for two children (under 12) and two adults, free Wi-Fi and a two tickets for two adults and two children (Manly SEA LIFE Sanctuary, Sydney Tower Eye, Madame Tussauds, SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium and Wildlife Sanctuary). Visit metrohotels.com.au for more details.
4. Lasseters Hotel Casino, Alice Springs, NT: This 4.5 star property offers accommodation for two adults and two children from $199. The package includes a deluxe room with buffet breakfast for two adults and two children. The deal also includes a $50 food & beverage credit plus an Easter surprise on arrival. For more info, click wotif.com/hotelW9768.
5. Pinctada Cable Beach Resort, Broome, WA: This beach resort offers Easter accommodations for up to four people from $438. The guest will stay in a two-bedroom Honjin Family Villa with two bathrooms. The accommodation includes a private terrace with access to a plunge pool. Also, return airport transfers, free in-house film, welcome drink and snack pack for kids are included in the deal. Visit pinctadacablebeach.co.au.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Toddler Defecates on Seat Aboard Delta Airlines
- MH17: Sight of People Pouring from the Sky Haunt Villagers
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Hotel Bikini Berlin’s Toilet Exposes Guests as They Do Their Thing
- Haiti, a Destination Only for the Brave Ones
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World