When is Easter 2014? Plus Top 5 Easter Holiday Deals in Australia
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 17, 2014 3:30 PM EST
Easter celebrates the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and is considered as a great feast in the Christian calendar. When is Easter in 2014? Easter Sunday is on April 20, 2014. The date of Easter changes according to the moon. Easter is celebrated on the first Sunday that falls after the full moon following the vernal equinox.
In 2014, the vernal equinox was not until March 20 and that is why Easter falls in late April.
Top 5 Easter Holiday Deals in Australia
1. QT Gold Coast, Queensland: One can celebrate Easter with loved ones at the QT Gold Coast. According to Daily Telegraph, they are offering a Golden Easter Package at $210 a night for a three-night stay (minimum). The guest will enjoy two-for-one breakfast at the Bazaar Restaurant and stay in a room with a fine view. Also, the package includes a huge chocolate Easter egg with a 'Golden Ticket' for a free night stay at QT Port Douglas (a sister hotel). Visit qtgoldcoast.com.au for more details. This offer is valid until April 25.
2. Canberra City YHA: Enjoy the Easter holidays with Canberra City YHA's "Family Fun 3-in-1" package. The package includes accommodation for a family of four. The guests also get passes to the Australian Institute of Sport and Cockington Green Gardens and Questacon (National Science and Technology Centre of Australia). Visit yha.com.au for more info.
3. Metro Hotel Sydney Central, NSW: The "Easter Family" package at Metro Hotel Sydney Central priced at $245 a night is a great deal. The package includes Easter chocolates, overnight accommodation in a superior room for two children (under 12) and two adults, free Wi-Fi and a two tickets for two adults and two children (Manly SEA LIFE Sanctuary, Sydney Tower Eye, Madame Tussauds, SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium and Wildlife Sanctuary). Visit metrohotels.com.au for more details.
4. Lasseters Hotel Casino, Alice Springs, NT: This 4.5 star property offers accommodation for two adults and two children from $199. The package includes a deluxe room with buffet breakfast for two adults and two children. The deal also includes a $50 food & beverage credit plus an Easter surprise on arrival. For more info, click wotif.com/hotelW9768.
5. Pinctada Cable Beach Resort, Broome, WA: This beach resort offers Easter accommodations for up to four people from $438. The guest will stay in a two-bedroom Honjin Family Villa with two bathrooms. The accommodation includes a private terrace with access to a plunge pool. Also, return airport transfers, free in-house film, welcome drink and snack pack for kids are included in the deal. Visit pinctadacablebeach.co.au.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Asia Has World’s Best & Worst Airports 2014 [Complete Lists]
- MH370 Oct. 20 Senate Hearing: 'Reckless' April Update Based On Unofficial Briefing, Senate Heard
- World’s Worst Tourist Destinations
- Gwyneth Paltrow To Attend Tasmania’s Tourism Event
- Tasmania Ranks No. 4 In Lonely Planet’s 'Top 10 Regions In The World To Visit In 2015' List
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report