When is Easter 2014? Plus Top 5 Easter Holiday Deals in Australia
By Tarun Mazumdar | April 17, 2014 3:30 PM EST
Easter celebrates the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and is considered as a great feast in the Christian calendar. When is Easter in 2014? Easter Sunday is on April 20, 2014. The date of Easter changes according to the moon. Easter is celebrated on the first Sunday that falls after the full moon following the vernal equinox.
In 2014, the vernal equinox was not until March 20 and that is why Easter falls in late April.
Top 5 Easter Holiday Deals in Australia
1. QT Gold Coast, Queensland: One can celebrate Easter with loved ones at the QT Gold Coast. According to Daily Telegraph, they are offering a Golden Easter Package at $210 a night for a three-night stay (minimum). The guest will enjoy two-for-one breakfast at the Bazaar Restaurant and stay in a room with a fine view. Also, the package includes a huge chocolate Easter egg with a 'Golden Ticket' for a free night stay at QT Port Douglas (a sister hotel). Visit qtgoldcoast.com.au for more details. This offer is valid until April 25.
2. Canberra City YHA: Enjoy the Easter holidays with Canberra City YHA's "Family Fun 3-in-1" package. The package includes accommodation for a family of four. The guests also get passes to the Australian Institute of Sport and Cockington Green Gardens and Questacon (National Science and Technology Centre of Australia). Visit yha.com.au for more info.
3. Metro Hotel Sydney Central, NSW: The "Easter Family" package at Metro Hotel Sydney Central priced at $245 a night is a great deal. The package includes Easter chocolates, overnight accommodation in a superior room for two children (under 12) and two adults, free Wi-Fi and a two tickets for two adults and two children (Manly SEA LIFE Sanctuary, Sydney Tower Eye, Madame Tussauds, SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium and Wildlife Sanctuary). Visit metrohotels.com.au for more details.
4. Lasseters Hotel Casino, Alice Springs, NT: This 4.5 star property offers accommodation for two adults and two children from $199. The package includes a deluxe room with buffet breakfast for two adults and two children. The deal also includes a $50 food & beverage credit plus an Easter surprise on arrival. For more info, click wotif.com/hotelW9768.
5. Pinctada Cable Beach Resort, Broome, WA: This beach resort offers Easter accommodations for up to four people from $438. The guest will stay in a two-bedroom Honjin Family Villa with two bathrooms. The accommodation includes a private terrace with access to a plunge pool. Also, return airport transfers, free in-house film, welcome drink and snack pack for kids are included in the deal. Visit pinctadacablebeach.co.au.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS