‘Game of Thrones' Season 4, Episode 3: Five Clues After the Purple Wedding, Get Ready for “Breaker of Chains” [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | April 17, 2014 3:22 PM EST
So what happens next after the "Purple Wedding? The Seven Kingdoms is now officially kingless and Kings Landing will do anything in its power to get the person behind Joffrey's death even if it means killing someone from the family.
The king is dead and "Game of Thrones" season 4, episode 3 "Breaker of Chains" will feature the aftermath of the "Purple Wedding." Although many people are rejoicing on his tragic end, some people are suffering the consequences and it's not going to look good for Tyrion who was accused by Joffrey on his last dying breath.
Played by Jack Gleeson, the King of the Iron Throne was poisoned and killed on his wedding day and GOT director Alec Graves knew that the wedding scene is going to be epic. Now one of the most talked about episodes in the show's history, "The Lion and the Rose" send its fans into extreme shock followed by a celebration that the hated king is finally dead.
Graves promises GOT fans that there's more to come and the evil King's death is only a beginning. "Ned Stark's death was not an end -- it was a beginning. It's when the show began," Graves revealed during an interview with The Hollywood Reporter. "All the deaths are like that, and Joffrey's is no different. Joffrey's death affects the show through to the climax."
Here are the five clues after the "Purple Wedding."
1. Tyrion is imprisoned and Sansa is on the run. Yes, the newly married couple are going to be separated and this time each are fearing for their own lives. Tyrion was accused by Joffrey for poisoning him on his last dying breath, while Sansa is the next suspect because on what happened to her family on the "Red Wedding." The only Stark in King's Landing, Sansa was last seen with Ser Dontos as they try to run away.
2. The Queen of Thorns is happy. Based on some websites, Margaery' grandmother, the Queen of Thorns is the brain behind the "Purple Wedding." "You're circumstances have improved markedly," she told her granddaughter. So whether she is behind it or not she is definitely happy on how things are going.
3. The Night's Watch is in big trouble. Based on the last episode, Jon Snow is under interrogation for breaking his oath as a Night's Watch but his information about the Wildlings impending attack will give him an advantage. While Sam will protect Gilly and her infant no matter what the cost.
4. The Mother of Dragons declares war. With her growing army and dragons, Daenery's declares war and she is aiming to attack the City of Slaves, Meereen, and this time she will use a new tactic - death by trebuchet.
5. Davos vs. the Red Woman. Once again, Davos is having issues with Melissandre saying: "I've never heard of visions and prophecies winning a war." With Joffrey's death, Stannis is planning an attack and he is running out of time.
Watch out for "Game of Thrones" Season 4, Episode 3 "Breakers of Chains."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Things to Know About ‘Surprising, Explosive Ending’ of Andi Dorfman’s Season
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports