‘Game Of Thrones’ Star Jack Gleeson Mocks King Joffrey’s Death In Photo
By Anne Lu | April 17, 2014 3:20 PM EST
“Game of Thrones” star Jack Gleeson looks a little too happy that King Joffrey is dead. A photo of the 21-year-old actor mocking his character’s death appears online, and he seems to be thrilled that retirement is now within his reach.
Cast member Jack Gleeson arrives for the premiere of the fourth season of HBO series \"Game of Thrones\" in New York March 18, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
Joffrey met his death during the recent episode, which fans call the Purple Wedding. As expected, the fans were glad to see the HBO series’ most despicable villain fall, even if Joffrey didn’t perish at the hands of one of his enemies.
And just like the fans, Gleeson is also glad that Joffrey is dead.
A photo posted by account user mannyhally on Instagram shows Gleeson mocking his character’s death, which is being shown on the big screen behind him.
He might look playful in the picture, but shooting his death scene wasn’t exactly a piece of cake for him.
“It was tough,” the Irish actor told EW.
“I suppose it’s one of those things that you have no prior experience in. I’ve never seen anyone die. It’s hard to imagine what it would be like. But Alex [Graves, director] was very kindly walked me through it. It was fun in the end, but kind of stressful to be so focused, but acting like you’re completely unfocused. Difficult, but exciting.”
Joffrey is Gleeson’s last acting part, though. He has been open about wanting to retire after his gig on the “Game of Thrones,” and now that his story arc has ended, he can finally fulfil his early retirement dream.
“I’ve been acting since age 8. I just stopped enjoying it as much as I used to. And now there’s the prospect of doing it for a living, whereas up until now it was always something I did for recreation with my friends, or in the summer for fun. I enjoyed it. When you make a living from something, it changes your relationship with it. It’s not like I Hate it, it’s just not what I want to do,” he explained.
Gleeson will still be seen in the next episode, though, but he will be “sleeping.”
“And [in next week’s episode] we did the funeral scene where I was on a cliff with stones in my eyes and I just got to sleep all day, and [spoiler happened]. So that was fun.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage