‘Game Of Thrones’ Star Jack Gleeson Mocks King Joffrey’s Death In Photo
By Anne Lu | April 17, 2014 3:20 PM EST
“Game of Thrones” star Jack Gleeson looks a little too happy that King Joffrey is dead. A photo of the 21-year-old actor mocking his character’s death appears online, and he seems to be thrilled that retirement is now within his reach.
Cast member Jack Gleeson arrives for the premiere of the fourth season of HBO series \"Game of Thrones\" in New York March 18, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
Joffrey met his death during the recent episode, which fans call the Purple Wedding. As expected, the fans were glad to see the HBO series’ most despicable villain fall, even if Joffrey didn’t perish at the hands of one of his enemies.
And just like the fans, Gleeson is also glad that Joffrey is dead.
A photo posted by account user mannyhally on Instagram shows Gleeson mocking his character’s death, which is being shown on the big screen behind him.
He might look playful in the picture, but shooting his death scene wasn’t exactly a piece of cake for him.
“It was tough,” the Irish actor told EW.
“I suppose it’s one of those things that you have no prior experience in. I’ve never seen anyone die. It’s hard to imagine what it would be like. But Alex [Graves, director] was very kindly walked me through it. It was fun in the end, but kind of stressful to be so focused, but acting like you’re completely unfocused. Difficult, but exciting.”
Joffrey is Gleeson’s last acting part, though. He has been open about wanting to retire after his gig on the “Game of Thrones,” and now that his story arc has ended, he can finally fulfil his early retirement dream.
“I’ve been acting since age 8. I just stopped enjoying it as much as I used to. And now there’s the prospect of doing it for a living, whereas up until now it was always something I did for recreation with my friends, or in the summer for fun. I enjoyed it. When you make a living from something, it changes your relationship with it. It’s not like I Hate it, it’s just not what I want to do,” he explained.
Gleeson will still be seen in the next episode, though, but he will be “sleeping.”
“And [in next week’s episode] we did the funeral scene where I was on a cliff with stones in my eyes and I just got to sleep all day, and [spoiler happened]. So that was fun.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots