‘Game Of Thrones’ Star Jack Gleeson Mocks King Joffrey’s Death In Photo
By Anne Lu | April 17, 2014 3:20 PM EST
“Game of Thrones” star Jack Gleeson looks a little too happy that King Joffrey is dead. A photo of the 21-year-old actor mocking his character’s death appears online, and he seems to be thrilled that retirement is now within his reach.
Cast member Jack Gleeson arrives for the premiere of the fourth season of HBO series \"Game of Thrones\" in New York March 18, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
Joffrey met his death during the recent episode, which fans call the Purple Wedding. As expected, the fans were glad to see the HBO series’ most despicable villain fall, even if Joffrey didn’t perish at the hands of one of his enemies.
And just like the fans, Gleeson is also glad that Joffrey is dead.
A photo posted by account user mannyhally on Instagram shows Gleeson mocking his character’s death, which is being shown on the big screen behind him.
He might look playful in the picture, but shooting his death scene wasn’t exactly a piece of cake for him.
“It was tough,” the Irish actor told EW.
“I suppose it’s one of those things that you have no prior experience in. I’ve never seen anyone die. It’s hard to imagine what it would be like. But Alex [Graves, director] was very kindly walked me through it. It was fun in the end, but kind of stressful to be so focused, but acting like you’re completely unfocused. Difficult, but exciting.”
Joffrey is Gleeson’s last acting part, though. He has been open about wanting to retire after his gig on the “Game of Thrones,” and now that his story arc has ended, he can finally fulfil his early retirement dream.
“I’ve been acting since age 8. I just stopped enjoying it as much as I used to. And now there’s the prospect of doing it for a living, whereas up until now it was always something I did for recreation with my friends, or in the summer for fun. I enjoyed it. When you make a living from something, it changes your relationship with it. It’s not like I Hate it, it’s just not what I want to do,” he explained.
Gleeson will still be seen in the next episode, though, but he will be “sleeping.”
“And [in next week’s episode] we did the funeral scene where I was on a cliff with stones in my eyes and I just got to sleep all day, and [spoiler happened]. So that was fun.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories