Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Buy Now or Wait?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 17, 2014 2:59 PM EST
A new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone is seen on a display at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014. Samsung Electronics unveiled a new smart watch and fitness band along with the latest version of its flagship Galaxy smartphone on Monday, demonstrating how the battleground for innovation is shifting from the hand to the wrist.Picture taken on February 23. REUTERS/Albert Gea
Meanwhile, some buyers were holding back from buying the new Samsung flagship phone as the South Korean company is set to release another juggernaut in the smartphone industry. Both devices will pack some similar specs like IP67 feature that makes the device waterproof and dust resistant as well as with fingerprint sensor.
Below is the comparison between the specifications of Samsung Galaxy S5 against the rumoured features of Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
Samsung Galaxy S5 packed a 5.1 inches Super AMOLED screen display. Samsung Galaxy Note series was known for its massive screens and the Galaxy Note 4 was rumoured to pack an event bigger screen panel. A bizarre rumour claimed that the phablet will pack a three-fold bendable display. This rumour came out after reports stated that Samsung was working on flexible screens.
Samsung Galaxy S5 was powered by quad-core Snapdragon 801 chipset clocked at 2.5 GHz. Samsung Galaxy Note 4, on the other hand, will most likely include the newly announced Snapdragon processors with 64-bit architecture. Also, the phablet may also come with the eight-core chips from Exynos.
Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with 16MP camera at the back and 2MP front facing camera. Samsung's phablet may boast a rear shooter of 18 to 20 megapixels and at least 8MP front cam. Moreover, users will be able to take clear pictures of any target from miles away using its exceptional high zooming capabilities.
Samsung's current flagship phone comes with 2,800 mAh battery capacity while Samsung Galaxy Note 4 was expected to sport a smart battery that is designed to store enough power to keep the gadget on for three days. This one is tailored to switch off all unnecessary features and apps in a bid to conserve battery power and life with its Ultra Power Saving Mode.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James