Timothy Bradley Dead: Boxer Suicides After Loss to Manny Pacquiao; Hoax Circulating Online
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 17, 2014 2:49 PM EST
After Timothy Bradley's loss to eight-division world boxing champion Manny Pacquiao, hoax reports has been widely circulating over the Internet that he is dead, especially in Facebook.
Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines hits undefeated WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley of the U.S. with a right during their title fight at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada April 12, 2014
The viral video showed the alleged dead Bradley in a stretcher, covered with white blanket and carried outside his apartment. It said the once undefeated boxer suffered from traumatic stress after his defeat that resulted to taking his own life.
As of this writing, the Facebook post continues to plague home feeds stirring questions whether the boxer truly took his life. People who are already used to unlikely "celebrity killings" in social media choose to disregard the news knowing that it is just another hoax.
The death of Bradley is obviously untrue with the boxer appearing on sports headlines reporting of his defeat with Paquiao in a tough unanimous decision.
Despite his loss, there is no hint if the boxer has suicidal tendencies. He responded to interviews with utmost acceptance that he is no longer an undefeated champion.
"I have no excuses, stuff happens. I got nothing to say about it. You can't say nothing against Manny. I lost to one of the best fighters in the world. Manny fought his heart out. I tip my hat to his whole corner, Freddie Roach and his whole team," Bradley said in an interview with ESPN's Boxing Journalist Dan Rafael.
Bradley defeated Pacquiao previously after a controversial split decision that made a major turnaround in Bradley's life.
In an article by BBC, Bradley shared that he even considered suicide because of the abuse he received from boxing fans who believe that he does not deserve the victory.
He was bombarded with hate mails, death threats and was mistreated in petrol stations after his previous bout with the Filipino boxing icon.
Reports of Bradley admitting on suicide attempts happened to be subject of "online celebrity killers" who most likely mislead the public with rumors. But the American boxer is definitely alive and well and optimistic about his future boxing bouts.
Despite his loss to Pacquiao, Bradley is undoubtedly one of the best fighters in the world whose sportsmanship is noteworthy. He said he will return to the gym to prepare for his another fight, leaving a meaningful adage, "Life goes on."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?