Timothy Bradley Dead: Boxer Suicides After Loss to Manny Pacquiao; Hoax Circulating Online
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 17, 2014 2:49 PM EST
After Timothy Bradley's loss to eight-division world boxing champion Manny Pacquiao, hoax reports has been widely circulating over the Internet that he is dead, especially in Facebook.
Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines hits undefeated WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley of the U.S. with a right during their title fight at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada April 12, 2014
The viral video showed the alleged dead Bradley in a stretcher, covered with white blanket and carried outside his apartment. It said the once undefeated boxer suffered from traumatic stress after his defeat that resulted to taking his own life.
As of this writing, the Facebook post continues to plague home feeds stirring questions whether the boxer truly took his life. People who are already used to unlikely "celebrity killings" in social media choose to disregard the news knowing that it is just another hoax.
The death of Bradley is obviously untrue with the boxer appearing on sports headlines reporting of his defeat with Paquiao in a tough unanimous decision.
Despite his loss, there is no hint if the boxer has suicidal tendencies. He responded to interviews with utmost acceptance that he is no longer an undefeated champion.
"I have no excuses, stuff happens. I got nothing to say about it. You can't say nothing against Manny. I lost to one of the best fighters in the world. Manny fought his heart out. I tip my hat to his whole corner, Freddie Roach and his whole team," Bradley said in an interview with ESPN's Boxing Journalist Dan Rafael.
Bradley defeated Pacquiao previously after a controversial split decision that made a major turnaround in Bradley's life.
In an article by BBC, Bradley shared that he even considered suicide because of the abuse he received from boxing fans who believe that he does not deserve the victory.
He was bombarded with hate mails, death threats and was mistreated in petrol stations after his previous bout with the Filipino boxing icon.
Reports of Bradley admitting on suicide attempts happened to be subject of "online celebrity killers" who most likely mislead the public with rumors. But the American boxer is definitely alive and well and optimistic about his future boxing bouts.
Despite his loss to Pacquiao, Bradley is undoubtedly one of the best fighters in the world whose sportsmanship is noteworthy. He said he will return to the gym to prepare for his another fight, leaving a meaningful adage, "Life goes on."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand