Timothy Bradley Dead: Boxer Suicides After Loss to Manny Pacquiao; Hoax Circulating Online
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 17, 2014 2:49 PM EST
After Timothy Bradley's loss to eight-division world boxing champion Manny Pacquiao, hoax reports has been widely circulating over the Internet that he is dead, especially in Facebook.
Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines hits undefeated WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley of the U.S. with a right during their title fight at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada April 12, 2014
The viral video showed the alleged dead Bradley in a stretcher, covered with white blanket and carried outside his apartment. It said the once undefeated boxer suffered from traumatic stress after his defeat that resulted to taking his own life.
As of this writing, the Facebook post continues to plague home feeds stirring questions whether the boxer truly took his life. People who are already used to unlikely "celebrity killings" in social media choose to disregard the news knowing that it is just another hoax.
The death of Bradley is obviously untrue with the boxer appearing on sports headlines reporting of his defeat with Paquiao in a tough unanimous decision.
Despite his loss, there is no hint if the boxer has suicidal tendencies. He responded to interviews with utmost acceptance that he is no longer an undefeated champion.
"I have no excuses, stuff happens. I got nothing to say about it. You can't say nothing against Manny. I lost to one of the best fighters in the world. Manny fought his heart out. I tip my hat to his whole corner, Freddie Roach and his whole team," Bradley said in an interview with ESPN's Boxing Journalist Dan Rafael.
Bradley defeated Pacquiao previously after a controversial split decision that made a major turnaround in Bradley's life.
In an article by BBC, Bradley shared that he even considered suicide because of the abuse he received from boxing fans who believe that he does not deserve the victory.
He was bombarded with hate mails, death threats and was mistreated in petrol stations after his previous bout with the Filipino boxing icon.
Reports of Bradley admitting on suicide attempts happened to be subject of "online celebrity killers" who most likely mislead the public with rumors. But the American boxer is definitely alive and well and optimistic about his future boxing bouts.
Despite his loss to Pacquiao, Bradley is undoubtedly one of the best fighters in the world whose sportsmanship is noteworthy. He said he will return to the gym to prepare for his another fight, leaving a meaningful adage, "Life goes on."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Rafael Nadal To Showcase Vintage Look at US Open - Report
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies