Lost and Found: Toddler Inside Claw Machine
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | April 17, 2014 2:40 PM EST
Just how would you feel when you found out that your son got lost in your very own home?
This is what a mother Ashley Ireland of Lincoln, Nebraska feels when he emerges from the bathroom on Monday and discovered that her three-year old son, Kael was nowhere to be found.
In her desperate search, the mom dialed 911 and reported his lost son. "It was the most scared I've ever been," Ireland said in Journal Star report.
The mom stated that her apartment door has always been locked but this was the first time Kael had wandered off their home.
At the same time, a commotion happened in Madsen's Bowling and Billiards just across the street from Ireland's home.
Her son had been spotted inside the claw machine happily playing with the stuffed toys unmindful of the fuss outside.
About 25 customers in the arcade watched Kael from outside in total bewilderment trying to figure out how he ended up inside. The boy must have crawled up through the only hole where the prizes are being dropped.
The bartender, Rachel Hildreth was alerted about the boy being inside the claw machine. In a news report from Journal Star, Hildreth stated, "I really don't think he noticed any of us outside the machine because he was just picking up stuffed animals and putting them down where they come out of."
But there is no way for him to get out through the same hole where he came in even when using coins and maneuvering the joystick to drop him off.
Good thing, another Madsen employee Jim Lakey quickly came to the rescue with the claw machine owner VVS. The machine was opened with the key and the toddler was safely taken outside the claw machine.
The reluctant toddler was given one of the stuffed toy inside the claw machine as a gift. "He was just having fun in there. I don't think he wanted to get out," said Hildreth.
The toddler was brought back to her mom who breathed a sigh of relief that their lost and found son was safe.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Gay Community In Liberia Persecuted For Ebola; Church Leaders Call Virus 'Punishment' For Homosexuality
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine