'Ilayathalapathy' Vijay-Mohanlal's 'Jilla' Set to Complete 100-Day Theatrical Run
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 17, 2014 2:21 PM EST
"Ilayathalapthy" Vijay's "Jilla" is all set to complete 100-day theatrical run on 19 April.
"Jilla," which hit screens for Pongal, is still running in a couple of theatres including Albert theatre, PVR and Vetrivel Murugan in Chennai. To celebrate the completion of 100 days, a special event is being organised in Albert theatre at around 6 p.m. on 18 April (Friday).
Vijay-Mohanlal in "Jilla" (Facebook)
Film's lead actors including Vijay, Mohnlal, Kajal Aggarwal and director RT Neason are expected to attend the function. Fans of "Ilayathalapathy" are likely to gather in large numbers at the venue, according to Behindwoods website.
"Jilla" is a mass entertainer with Mohanlal and Vijay appearing in the role of father-son, respectively. The film deals with the bonding between the two actors. It took a grand opening not just in Tamil Nadu, but also in other states including Kerala where Mohanlal has a huge fan following. Despite facing strong competition from Ajith's "Veeram," "Jilla" managed to perform well and score good collections at the box office.
The action entertainer has turned out to be one of the biggest hits in Vijay's career. Expectations were high for the film even before its release. Although the Neason directorial received mixed reviews from critics, the film struck a chord with the audience and received big thumbs up from them. It performed well not just in India, but also in key overseas markets including Malaysia, where it surpassed the collections of Aamir Khan's "Dhoom 3", which is deemed as the biggest grossing bollywood film.
With the success of "Jilla," expectations have increased manifold for Vijay's upcoming film "Kaththi," director by AR Murugadoss. The association of the actor-director duo for the second time (post "Thuppakki" success) has generated a lot of hype surrounding the project.
"Kaththi" shooting is progressing at a brisk pace and the film is all set to hit the screens for Diwali, 2014.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation