'Ilayathalapathy' Vijay-Mohanlal's 'Jilla' Set to Complete 100-Day Theatrical Run
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 17, 2014 2:21 PM EST
"Ilayathalapthy" Vijay's "Jilla" is all set to complete 100-day theatrical run on 19 April.
"Jilla," which hit screens for Pongal, is still running in a couple of theatres including Albert theatre, PVR and Vetrivel Murugan in Chennai. To celebrate the completion of 100 days, a special event is being organised in Albert theatre at around 6 p.m. on 18 April (Friday).
Vijay-Mohanlal in "Jilla" (Facebook)
Film's lead actors including Vijay, Mohnlal, Kajal Aggarwal and director RT Neason are expected to attend the function. Fans of "Ilayathalapathy" are likely to gather in large numbers at the venue, according to Behindwoods website.
"Jilla" is a mass entertainer with Mohanlal and Vijay appearing in the role of father-son, respectively. The film deals with the bonding between the two actors. It took a grand opening not just in Tamil Nadu, but also in other states including Kerala where Mohanlal has a huge fan following. Despite facing strong competition from Ajith's "Veeram," "Jilla" managed to perform well and score good collections at the box office.
The action entertainer has turned out to be one of the biggest hits in Vijay's career. Expectations were high for the film even before its release. Although the Neason directorial received mixed reviews from critics, the film struck a chord with the audience and received big thumbs up from them. It performed well not just in India, but also in key overseas markets including Malaysia, where it surpassed the collections of Aamir Khan's "Dhoom 3", which is deemed as the biggest grossing bollywood film.
With the success of "Jilla," expectations have increased manifold for Vijay's upcoming film "Kaththi," director by AR Murugadoss. The association of the actor-director duo for the second time (post "Thuppakki" success) has generated a lot of hype surrounding the project.
"Kaththi" shooting is progressing at a brisk pace and the film is all set to hit the screens for Diwali, 2014.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Plot Update: Ludacris Reveals Paul Walker's Old Photo, Vin Diesel Shares A Photo Of Himself In Car
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia