'Ilayathalapathy' Vijay-Mohanlal's 'Jilla' Set to Complete 100-Day Theatrical Run
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 17, 2014 2:21 PM EST
"Ilayathalapthy" Vijay's "Jilla" is all set to complete 100-day theatrical run on 19 April.
"Jilla," which hit screens for Pongal, is still running in a couple of theatres including Albert theatre, PVR and Vetrivel Murugan in Chennai. To celebrate the completion of 100 days, a special event is being organised in Albert theatre at around 6 p.m. on 18 April (Friday).
Vijay-Mohanlal in "Jilla" (Facebook)
Film's lead actors including Vijay, Mohnlal, Kajal Aggarwal and director RT Neason are expected to attend the function. Fans of "Ilayathalapathy" are likely to gather in large numbers at the venue, according to Behindwoods website.
"Jilla" is a mass entertainer with Mohanlal and Vijay appearing in the role of father-son, respectively. The film deals with the bonding between the two actors. It took a grand opening not just in Tamil Nadu, but also in other states including Kerala where Mohanlal has a huge fan following. Despite facing strong competition from Ajith's "Veeram," "Jilla" managed to perform well and score good collections at the box office.
The action entertainer has turned out to be one of the biggest hits in Vijay's career. Expectations were high for the film even before its release. Although the Neason directorial received mixed reviews from critics, the film struck a chord with the audience and received big thumbs up from them. It performed well not just in India, but also in key overseas markets including Malaysia, where it surpassed the collections of Aamir Khan's "Dhoom 3", which is deemed as the biggest grossing bollywood film.
With the success of "Jilla," expectations have increased manifold for Vijay's upcoming film "Kaththi," director by AR Murugadoss. The association of the actor-director duo for the second time (post "Thuppakki" success) has generated a lot of hype surrounding the project.
"Kaththi" shooting is progressing at a brisk pace and the film is all set to hit the screens for Diwali, 2014.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes