'Ilayathalapathy' Vijay-Mohanlal's 'Jilla' Set to Complete 100-Day Theatrical Run
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 17, 2014 2:21 PM EST
"Ilayathalapthy" Vijay's "Jilla" is all set to complete 100-day theatrical run on 19 April.
"Jilla," which hit screens for Pongal, is still running in a couple of theatres including Albert theatre, PVR and Vetrivel Murugan in Chennai. To celebrate the completion of 100 days, a special event is being organised in Albert theatre at around 6 p.m. on 18 April (Friday).
Vijay-Mohanlal in "Jilla" (Facebook)
Film's lead actors including Vijay, Mohnlal, Kajal Aggarwal and director RT Neason are expected to attend the function. Fans of "Ilayathalapathy" are likely to gather in large numbers at the venue, according to Behindwoods website.
"Jilla" is a mass entertainer with Mohanlal and Vijay appearing in the role of father-son, respectively. The film deals with the bonding between the two actors. It took a grand opening not just in Tamil Nadu, but also in other states including Kerala where Mohanlal has a huge fan following. Despite facing strong competition from Ajith's "Veeram," "Jilla" managed to perform well and score good collections at the box office.
The action entertainer has turned out to be one of the biggest hits in Vijay's career. Expectations were high for the film even before its release. Although the Neason directorial received mixed reviews from critics, the film struck a chord with the audience and received big thumbs up from them. It performed well not just in India, but also in key overseas markets including Malaysia, where it surpassed the collections of Aamir Khan's "Dhoom 3", which is deemed as the biggest grossing bollywood film.
With the success of "Jilla," expectations have increased manifold for Vijay's upcoming film "Kaththi," director by AR Murugadoss. The association of the actor-director duo for the second time (post "Thuppakki" success) has generated a lot of hype surrounding the project.
"Kaththi" shooting is progressing at a brisk pace and the film is all set to hit the screens for Diwali, 2014.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports