'Ilayathalapathy' Vijay-Mohanlal's 'Jilla' Set to Complete 100-Day Theatrical Run
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 17, 2014 2:21 PM EST
"Ilayathalapthy" Vijay's "Jilla" is all set to complete 100-day theatrical run on 19 April.
"Jilla," which hit screens for Pongal, is still running in a couple of theatres including Albert theatre, PVR and Vetrivel Murugan in Chennai. To celebrate the completion of 100 days, a special event is being organised in Albert theatre at around 6 p.m. on 18 April (Friday).
Vijay-Mohanlal in "Jilla" (Facebook)
Film's lead actors including Vijay, Mohnlal, Kajal Aggarwal and director RT Neason are expected to attend the function. Fans of "Ilayathalapathy" are likely to gather in large numbers at the venue, according to Behindwoods website.
"Jilla" is a mass entertainer with Mohanlal and Vijay appearing in the role of father-son, respectively. The film deals with the bonding between the two actors. It took a grand opening not just in Tamil Nadu, but also in other states including Kerala where Mohanlal has a huge fan following. Despite facing strong competition from Ajith's "Veeram," "Jilla" managed to perform well and score good collections at the box office.
The action entertainer has turned out to be one of the biggest hits in Vijay's career. Expectations were high for the film even before its release. Although the Neason directorial received mixed reviews from critics, the film struck a chord with the audience and received big thumbs up from them. It performed well not just in India, but also in key overseas markets including Malaysia, where it surpassed the collections of Aamir Khan's "Dhoom 3", which is deemed as the biggest grossing bollywood film.
With the success of "Jilla," expectations have increased manifold for Vijay's upcoming film "Kaththi," director by AR Murugadoss. The association of the actor-director duo for the second time (post "Thuppakki" success) has generated a lot of hype surrounding the project.
"Kaththi" shooting is progressing at a brisk pace and the film is all set to hit the screens for Diwali, 2014.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6