Blake Griffin Will Not Hesitate to Slap Justin Bieber If Needed
By Annie Dee | April 17, 2014 1:59 PM EST
Think Blake Griffin can never hurt Justin Bieber? Think again.
Back in early February, some silly rumors circulated online that Blake Griffin slapped Justin Bieber after the young controversial singer allegedly threatened a Starbucks barista and the Clippers forward witnessed the degrading act. The rumors were proved untrue, but Twitter had a field day with it.
REUTERS/Miami Beach Police Dep
Canadian pop singer Justin Bieber is pictured in police custody in Miami Beach, Florida January 23, 2014 in this Miami Beach Police Department handout released to Reuters on March 4, 2014. Bieber was charged with driving under the influence, resisting arrest and using an expired license after Miami Beach police say they caught him drag racing on January 23. Bieber pleaded not guilty to the charges. REUTERS/Miami Beach Police Dept./Handout via Reuters
A news report that explicitly claimed it is giving a satire claimed that Justin Bieber was shirtless and pantless when the LA Clippers star Blake Griffin smacked him around after the singer threatened a Starbucks barista. Even though it was stated as a satire, this did not stop the haters from still posting hate messages against Bieber, some bordering on hilarious. Some sports blogs also added to the damage by picking this satire news and running it as real news. Fans who read it thanked Griffin from being a hero and hitting Justin Bieber. But as said, none of it were true.
Just thinking about Griffin slapping Justin Bieber is enough to bring in the guffaws but Griffin said it is hardly as impossible as everyone thinks. He will slap Justin Bieber if he did indeed see the young singer threaten someone, especially a barista.
According to a Rolling Stone interview, Griffin will not hesitate in slapping Justin Bieber if he actually saw Bieber being threatening and disrespectful to a barista. "If he was tormenting a Starbucks barista, yeah, I'd have to," he said. "As a citizen, you do your part. Also, it's a way of giving back to the baristas for never really leaving a tip."
Good to know that someone would actually step up to a celebrity and defend an ordinary citizen when needed. Only a few are brave enough to do so. Of course, we wish no such thing will happen.
Aside from this Justin Bieber bit, Griffin shared a lot of funny stuff on the particular interview. He talked about this role in The Dictator, his pubic hair and even the fart that he let loose shortly before dunking all over Timofey Mozgov a few years ago. The entire Q&A can be read here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies