Prince William Thinks Kate Middleton Looks Like A Banana In Australia
By Anne Lu | April 17, 2014 1:50 PM EST
Prince William and Catherine Middleton have landed in Australia with their bundle of joy Prince George. Although the Duchess of Cambridge looks exquisite as usual in the yellow frock she was wearing as they descended their plane, the Duke thought she looked like a banana.
Britain's Prince William and his wife Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, arrive with their son Prince George at Sydney Airport April 16, 2014. Britain's Prince William, his wife Kate and their son Prince George flew from New Zealand to Australia, where they will now spend nine days touring the country. REUTERS/Phil Noble
Kate was rocking the sunny yellow Roksanda Ilincic Ryedale dress during their arrival in Sydney. The simple cut was adorned only with a folded detail at the skirt and subtle white panels. The 32-year-old mother of one apparently chose the hue because it’s one of Australia’s national colours.
And if there’s one thing that recent history has taught us, it’s that anything that Kate wears gets sold out within a matter of minutes.
But her husband wasn’t a fan of the wool-crepe dress exactly.
“William said I look like a banana,” Kate confided to well-wisher Heather Easton when they arrived at the Royal Opera House in Sydney on Wednesday.
William, 31, doesn’t appear to have a mean bone in his body so it’s highly likely that he was just teasing his lovely wife.
Meanwhile, the second in line to the throne has included his whole family in his speech during the welcoming reception.
“This visit to Australia has been one that Catherine and I have been looking forward to for a long time,” he said. “On my first visit here as an adult in 2010, I remember just how bowled over I was by Sydney; seeing the energy and diversity of this beautiful city, and understanding just how much Australia is the home of innovation, opportunity and possibility.”
He continued, “I was well prepared; the affection that my grandmother The Queen has for this nation is infectious. Her Majesty spoke recently of how, since her first visit here sixty years ago, she has been privileged to witness Australia’s growing economy and flowering self-confidence.
“For Catherine, Harry, and me, born in the early ‘80s, we’ve never known anything else – Australia and Australians have always been for us a beacon of confidence, creativity in the arts and sporting ability.
“Harry felt very honoured to be invited to the centenary Fleet Review in Sydney Harbour last year; and I know how much my father enjoyed his visit here in honour of The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.”
He also mentioned his late mother, Princess Diana, as well, remembering how much the beloved royal loved Australia.
“My mother’s deep affection for Australia – which you were so kind to reciprocate – needs no reminder,” Diana’s eldest son spoke affectionately.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone