Prince William Thinks Kate Middleton Looks Like A Banana In Australia
By Anne Lu | April 17, 2014 1:50 PM EST
Prince William and Catherine Middleton have landed in Australia with their bundle of joy Prince George. Although the Duchess of Cambridge looks exquisite as usual in the yellow frock she was wearing as they descended their plane, the Duke thought she looked like a banana.
Britain's Prince William and his wife Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, arrive with their son Prince George at Sydney Airport April 16, 2014. Britain's Prince William, his wife Kate and their son Prince George flew from New Zealand to Australia, where they will now spend nine days touring the country. REUTERS/Phil Noble
Kate was rocking the sunny yellow Roksanda Ilincic Ryedale dress during their arrival in Sydney. The simple cut was adorned only with a folded detail at the skirt and subtle white panels. The 32-year-old mother of one apparently chose the hue because it’s one of Australia’s national colours.
And if there’s one thing that recent history has taught us, it’s that anything that Kate wears gets sold out within a matter of minutes.
But her husband wasn’t a fan of the wool-crepe dress exactly.
“William said I look like a banana,” Kate confided to well-wisher Heather Easton when they arrived at the Royal Opera House in Sydney on Wednesday.
William, 31, doesn’t appear to have a mean bone in his body so it’s highly likely that he was just teasing his lovely wife.
Meanwhile, the second in line to the throne has included his whole family in his speech during the welcoming reception.
“This visit to Australia has been one that Catherine and I have been looking forward to for a long time,” he said. “On my first visit here as an adult in 2010, I remember just how bowled over I was by Sydney; seeing the energy and diversity of this beautiful city, and understanding just how much Australia is the home of innovation, opportunity and possibility.”
He continued, “I was well prepared; the affection that my grandmother The Queen has for this nation is infectious. Her Majesty spoke recently of how, since her first visit here sixty years ago, she has been privileged to witness Australia’s growing economy and flowering self-confidence.
“For Catherine, Harry, and me, born in the early ‘80s, we’ve never known anything else – Australia and Australians have always been for us a beacon of confidence, creativity in the arts and sporting ability.
“Harry felt very honoured to be invited to the centenary Fleet Review in Sydney Harbour last year; and I know how much my father enjoyed his visit here in honour of The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.”
He also mentioned his late mother, Princess Diana, as well, remembering how much the beloved royal loved Australia.
“My mother’s deep affection for Australia – which you were so kind to reciprocate – needs no reminder,” Diana’s eldest son spoke affectionately.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June