Prince William Thinks Kate Middleton Looks Like A Banana In Australia
By Anne Lu | April 17, 2014 1:50 PM EST
Prince William and Catherine Middleton have landed in Australia with their bundle of joy Prince George. Although the Duchess of Cambridge looks exquisite as usual in the yellow frock she was wearing as they descended their plane, the Duke thought she looked like a banana.
Britain's Prince William and his wife Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, arrive with their son Prince George at Sydney Airport April 16, 2014. Britain's Prince William, his wife Kate and their son Prince George flew from New Zealand to Australia, where they will now spend nine days touring the country. REUTERS/Phil Noble
Kate was rocking the sunny yellow Roksanda Ilincic Ryedale dress during their arrival in Sydney. The simple cut was adorned only with a folded detail at the skirt and subtle white panels. The 32-year-old mother of one apparently chose the hue because it’s one of Australia’s national colours.
And if there’s one thing that recent history has taught us, it’s that anything that Kate wears gets sold out within a matter of minutes.
But her husband wasn’t a fan of the wool-crepe dress exactly.
“William said I look like a banana,” Kate confided to well-wisher Heather Easton when they arrived at the Royal Opera House in Sydney on Wednesday.
William, 31, doesn’t appear to have a mean bone in his body so it’s highly likely that he was just teasing his lovely wife.
Meanwhile, the second in line to the throne has included his whole family in his speech during the welcoming reception.
“This visit to Australia has been one that Catherine and I have been looking forward to for a long time,” he said. “On my first visit here as an adult in 2010, I remember just how bowled over I was by Sydney; seeing the energy and diversity of this beautiful city, and understanding just how much Australia is the home of innovation, opportunity and possibility.”
He continued, “I was well prepared; the affection that my grandmother The Queen has for this nation is infectious. Her Majesty spoke recently of how, since her first visit here sixty years ago, she has been privileged to witness Australia’s growing economy and flowering self-confidence.
“For Catherine, Harry, and me, born in the early ‘80s, we’ve never known anything else – Australia and Australians have always been for us a beacon of confidence, creativity in the arts and sporting ability.
“Harry felt very honoured to be invited to the centenary Fleet Review in Sydney Harbour last year; and I know how much my father enjoyed his visit here in honour of The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.”
He also mentioned his late mother, Princess Diana, as well, remembering how much the beloved royal loved Australia.
“My mother’s deep affection for Australia – which you were so kind to reciprocate – needs no reminder,” Diana’s eldest son spoke affectionately.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies