Nokia Lumia 1020: Windows Phone Handset to Document the Underwater Diving Expedition Called 'Mission 31'
By Jenalyn Villamarin | April 17, 2014 1:17 PM EST
The Nokia Lumia 1020 Windows Phone handset that has the 41MP PureView camera will continue to show its superior camera technology in an underwater diving expedition. Finnish smartphone manufacturer Nokia has teamed up with expedition leader Fabien Cousteau to use the Nokia Lumia 1020 in documenting the underwater dive called "Mission 31."
According to the Phones Review report, the underwater diving expedition is called "Mission 31" where Fabien Cousteau and his team spend 31 days undersea. Fabien's mission will be beating the 30 days mission that his grandfather, Jacques Cousteau, did in 1963.
"Mission 31" will be off the coast of the Florida Keys where Fabien Cousteau and his team documents the entire underwater dive using the Nokia Lumia 1020. However, the Ubergizmo report noted that the Nokia device will be using a waterproof casing during the underwater dive provided that the Windows Phone handset is not water-resistant or waterproof.
Furthermore, the Finnish company is inviting the Nokia Lumia 1020 users to share their captured images and videos from their personal adventure and place the tag #NokiaMission31. Participants can use the URL from their social media entry on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram or Vine for a chance to win an amazing adventure as prize in the special contest.
The special contest winners will head to a luxury hotel in Florida where they will receive training as an open water diver and get a chance to be a part of the underwater diving expedition with Fabien Cousteau and his "Mission 31" team. The Nokia Lumia 1020 has already been used in shooting fashion photography and this expedition will be an interesting one since device enthusiasts will find out how the camera phone holds up throughout the underwater dive in a setting similar to a documentary.
The Nokia Lumia 1020 has a 4.5-inch AMOLED capacitive touch screen display with 1280x768p resolution, 1.5GHz dual core Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon chipset, 2GB of RAM, Microsoft Windows Phone 8 operating system that is upgradeable to WP8 Black and Adreno 225 GPU.
Other features and specs include the 41MP PureView camera with Carl Zeiss optics, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), auto manual focus, Xenon and LED flash, 32GB internal storage capacity with no memory card slot to expand storage, 2000mAh non-removable Li-Ion battery and colour options of yellow, white, black and red.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 1520: Delta Airlines Flight Attendants' Nokia Lumia 820 Handset to be Replaced with Windows Phone Phablet - [READ]
Nokia 3310: Finnish Phone Released in 2000 Had a Windows Phone Makeover on 2014 April Fools' Day - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy