'Batman: Arkham Knight' Logo Hints at Ending, New Screenshots Released
By Gel Galang | April 17, 2014 1:13 PM EST
While "Batman: Arkham Knight" may be the last installment of the "Arkham" game series, it's bound to be an explosive and epic one that would neatly and satisfactorily put the cap on the game once and for all.
And a clear hint of this comes from the logo, as Rocksteady's Dax Ginn, marketing producer, says.
The motif of "Batman: Arkham Knight" game has changed, from the "Arkham Asylum's" cool and calm blue and "Arkham City's" neutral blacks and whites. For the third installment, "Batman: Arkham Knight's" logo is emblazoned in fiery red. This may supposedly not only mean the epic climax but also a possible harking back to Azrael in Arkham City where Gotham will supposedly burn.
"We had a very clear idea from the end of Arkham City on how we wanted the trilogy to wrap up. We knew the story we wanted to tell, the narrative path we were on for Batman Arkham Knight," said Ginn in an interview quoted by Total Xbox.
"Having an internal scripting team means we can change our minds, change the script and dialogue based on new developments, so working iteratively allows us to make a much better game," he added,
New Screenshots Feature Villains and Batman's Suit and Batmobile
Rocksteady's newest and final project for the "Arkham" game series gets another string of updates, this time by way of screenshots. And VG 24/7 has managed to get its hands on them.
Fans would easily know The Penguin, Harvey Dent a.k.a. Two Face and The Riddler, for starters, from some of the screenshots in the link above. There are also clear shots of Batman's suit in various poses and angles as well as the Batmobile in action.
One of the shots include the latest leaked screenshot, which had Batman being ejected out of the Batmobile, in what is presumably the Eject move that is part of the game. The Batmobile is drivable in the "Batman: Arkham Knight." It will not only allow players to explore Gotham City in a new manner but also allow them to reach heights unlike never before.
"Batman: Arkham Knight" is set for release later this year on the next-gen consoles PS4 and Xbox One as well as the PC.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy S3: How to Resolve Battery Drain, Random Reboot, Wake Lag and Slow Performance
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More