Google Nexus 6 Release Date in June or November to Feature 20MP Camera
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 17, 2014 11:52 AM EST
Google Nexus 6 release date was expected to happen in June or in November and will feature a 20 megapixels camera at the back.
Christian Today reported that consumers were confused whether the Google Nexus 6 will be launched either in June or in November. Reports claimed that the next Nexus smartphone will be released in June at Google's I/O Developers Conference scheduled in June 25 and 26 in San Francisco.
Google Nexus 5 Review
However, Google VP Sundar Pichai announced at the Mobile World Congress early this year that no Nexus smartphone will be announced on the first half of this year hinting that the device will arrive in the second half of 2014.
One of the downsides of launching the device this summer is it will miss out on Qualcomm's newly announced 64-bit Snapdragon chipset, which will start shipping in the second half of the year. Moreover, Google cannot fully maximize the profits from the current Google Nexus 5 since most companies wait for a full year to see how the device fared in the market.
Meanwhile, the report also cited Tech Cocktail which predicted that the new handset will pack a rear camera of 18 to 20 megapixels and HDR mode. This is a big jump from the 8MP back camera packed in Google Nexus 5.
Aside from an impressive camera, Google Nexus 6 will also pack the next Android 4.5 Lollypop, which will be announced in the said tech event. Moreover, the Nexus smartphone will sport a 3,200 mAh battery as well as dustproof and waterproof features.
Other Google Nexus 6 rumoured features include the 64-bit version of its Snapdragon 800-series chipset clocked at 3 GHz; 5.2-inch full-HD, curved LCD display protected with Corning Gorilla Glass; 3 GB RAM; 13 MP camera and a 5 MP front-facing camera; Bluetooth; NFC; Micro-USB; Wi-Fi; and 4G.
It was still unconfirmed but Google Nexus 6 will be manufactured by LG Electronics, which has been Google's partner in making the last two Nexus handsets. Thus, consumers can assume that the Nexus 6 will be roughly based on LG G3's specifications. There were also whispers that either HTC or Motorola-Lenovo will take the helm in making the Nexus smartphone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Best Black Friday 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More