Shailene Woodley is Excited to Reunite with Theo James and Cast; “Divergent” Sequels to Hit Pre-Production
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 17, 2014 11:01 AM EST
Shailene Woodley and Theo James are getting a lot of attention these days following the success of the film "Divergent" where the stars play the lead roles. Now that "Allegiant" is confirmed to be released with two movies, there surely be more time for the on-screen couple to be together.
Cast members Theo James (R) and Shailene Woodley of the new film "Divergent" are interviewed at the 51st annual Publicists Guild Awards in Beverly Hills, California February 28, 2014.
Shailene Woodley is pretty optimistic about the upcoming "Divergent" sequels. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, the new darling of Hollywood shared her excitement for "another year of kicking ass." But more to the action and popularity brought by the "Divergent" hype, the star seems to be more excited to work again with the film's cast whom she credited as great people. Definitely, this includes rumoured boyfriend, Theo James.
There has been no confirmation from Shailene Woodley and Theo James whether their relationship truly did rose into a different level as they go along on the "Divergent" filming. Theo James had always been discreet with his lovelife, and reports say that he is still in a relationship with beau of 5-years, Ruth Kearney.
Despite the speculations of brewing romance between the two, Shailene Woodley and Theo James on-screen romance shows a huge promise. While "Divergent" is often pitted against the "Hunger Games" for having a similarity for their futuristic society; Woodley and James' tandem, on the other hand, is compared to the success of Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart's on-screen chemistry. With "Hunger Games" and "Twilight" highlights combined, the "Divergent" series may also be up for a superb box-office success for its following sequels.
Veronica Roth's trilogy is comprised of "Divergent," "Insurgent," and "Allegiant" which will be split into two films. This means that there are still three movies left from the series that fans can look forward to.
"Insurgent" will be released in March 2015 and is set for pre-production starting on May. "Allegiant" Part 1 and 2 is scheduled for 2016 and 2017 release.
There is a lot in store for the upcoming "Divergent" sequels. Aside from the action and interesting plot of the film, many fans will also follow Shailene Woodley and Theo James' off-screen romance.
Meanwhile, fans who cannot get enough of Shailene Woodley can catch her in the upcoming film "The Fault in Our Stars" to reach theatres in June 2014. Theo James is also cast in "London Fields," a thriller film scheduled for this year's release.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage