Shailene Woodley is Excited to Reunite with Theo James and Cast; “Divergent” Sequels to Hit Pre-Production
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 17, 2014 11:01 AM EST
Shailene Woodley and Theo James are getting a lot of attention these days following the success of the film "Divergent" where the stars play the lead roles. Now that "Allegiant" is confirmed to be released with two movies, there surely be more time for the on-screen couple to be together.
Cast members Theo James (R) and Shailene Woodley of the new film "Divergent" are interviewed at the 51st annual Publicists Guild Awards in Beverly Hills, California February 28, 2014.
Shailene Woodley is pretty optimistic about the upcoming "Divergent" sequels. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, the new darling of Hollywood shared her excitement for "another year of kicking ass." But more to the action and popularity brought by the "Divergent" hype, the star seems to be more excited to work again with the film's cast whom she credited as great people. Definitely, this includes rumoured boyfriend, Theo James.
There has been no confirmation from Shailene Woodley and Theo James whether their relationship truly did rose into a different level as they go along on the "Divergent" filming. Theo James had always been discreet with his lovelife, and reports say that he is still in a relationship with beau of 5-years, Ruth Kearney.
Despite the speculations of brewing romance between the two, Shailene Woodley and Theo James on-screen romance shows a huge promise. While "Divergent" is often pitted against the "Hunger Games" for having a similarity for their futuristic society; Woodley and James' tandem, on the other hand, is compared to the success of Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart's on-screen chemistry. With "Hunger Games" and "Twilight" highlights combined, the "Divergent" series may also be up for a superb box-office success for its following sequels.
Veronica Roth's trilogy is comprised of "Divergent," "Insurgent," and "Allegiant" which will be split into two films. This means that there are still three movies left from the series that fans can look forward to.
"Insurgent" will be released in March 2015 and is set for pre-production starting on May. "Allegiant" Part 1 and 2 is scheduled for 2016 and 2017 release.
There is a lot in store for the upcoming "Divergent" sequels. Aside from the action and interesting plot of the film, many fans will also follow Shailene Woodley and Theo James' off-screen romance.
Meanwhile, fans who cannot get enough of Shailene Woodley can catch her in the upcoming film "The Fault in Our Stars" to reach theatres in June 2014. Theo James is also cast in "London Fields," a thriller film scheduled for this year's release.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation