Shailene Woodley is Excited to Reunite with Theo James and Cast; “Divergent” Sequels to Hit Pre-Production
By Jenille Cristy Maido | April 17, 2014 11:01 AM EST
Shailene Woodley and Theo James are getting a lot of attention these days following the success of the film "Divergent" where the stars play the lead roles. Now that "Allegiant" is confirmed to be released with two movies, there surely be more time for the on-screen couple to be together.
Cast members Theo James (R) and Shailene Woodley of the new film "Divergent" are interviewed at the 51st annual Publicists Guild Awards in Beverly Hills, California February 28, 2014.
Shailene Woodley is pretty optimistic about the upcoming "Divergent" sequels. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, the new darling of Hollywood shared her excitement for "another year of kicking ass." But more to the action and popularity brought by the "Divergent" hype, the star seems to be more excited to work again with the film's cast whom she credited as great people. Definitely, this includes rumoured boyfriend, Theo James.
There has been no confirmation from Shailene Woodley and Theo James whether their relationship truly did rose into a different level as they go along on the "Divergent" filming. Theo James had always been discreet with his lovelife, and reports say that he is still in a relationship with beau of 5-years, Ruth Kearney.
Despite the speculations of brewing romance between the two, Shailene Woodley and Theo James on-screen romance shows a huge promise. While "Divergent" is often pitted against the "Hunger Games" for having a similarity for their futuristic society; Woodley and James' tandem, on the other hand, is compared to the success of Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart's on-screen chemistry. With "Hunger Games" and "Twilight" highlights combined, the "Divergent" series may also be up for a superb box-office success for its following sequels.
Veronica Roth's trilogy is comprised of "Divergent," "Insurgent," and "Allegiant" which will be split into two films. This means that there are still three movies left from the series that fans can look forward to.
"Insurgent" will be released in March 2015 and is set for pre-production starting on May. "Allegiant" Part 1 and 2 is scheduled for 2016 and 2017 release.
There is a lot in store for the upcoming "Divergent" sequels. Aside from the action and interesting plot of the film, many fans will also follow Shailene Woodley and Theo James' off-screen romance.
Meanwhile, fans who cannot get enough of Shailene Woodley can catch her in the upcoming film "The Fault in Our Stars" to reach theatres in June 2014. Theo James is also cast in "London Fields," a thriller film scheduled for this year's release.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Portia De Rossi And Ellen DeGeneres Address 'Epic Fight' Story
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness