Android 4.4.3 Update for Nexus 5, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10: What to Expect
By Precious Silva | April 17, 2014 10:10 AM EST
Android 4.4.3 has made headlines following a Sprint update on Nexus 5. Though the company did not specify the Android 4.4.3 software, the talk about the build should support it is indeed the update. The changelog does not offer as much but it should be a sign that Google has started rolling out another Android version. What can people expect? When will the update hit other devices like Nexus 4, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10?
A Google Android figurine sits on the welcome desk as employee Tracy McNeilly smiles at the new Google office in Toronto, November 13, 2012.
According to the changelog published under Sprint's support page, the update allows "Sprint Spark band 26 and band 41.″ It also comes with "Misc Android updates." Previous reports noted that the Android 4.4.3 will focus on bug fixes and maintenance of features. This is also possibly the reason why Sprint's changelog did not offer as many details.
The Android 4.4.3 will reportedly address device issues like heavy battery drain, Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity drops and other camera problems. The update will roll out by batch until April 21. Likewise, analysts expect Google release the update on other Nexus devices like the Nexus 4, Nexus 7 and the Nexus 10.
According to a report by Android Geeks, the roll out should find its way to other Nexus devices like Nexus 7 and Nexus 4. Despite lack of official announcement from Google, the Android 4.4.3 update should be well on its way to Nexus 4,Nexus 7, Nexus 7 2 and Nexus 10 soon looking at the company's history.
While some noted the oddity of Sprint updating before Google's official roll out, analysts think it is possible as the Android 4.4.3 is just a minor update. Aside from the Nexus line, Google may also push the update to other Google Play Edition smartphones. This means devices like HTC One GPE, HTC One M8 GPE, Samsung Galaxy S4 GPE, Sony Xperia Z Ultra GP, LG G Pad 8.3 GPE and Motorola Moto G GPE will also receive the update.
Owners of the devices mentioned should keep an eye for the update notification. Google always pushes update roll outs in batches. The Android 4.4.3 OTA on other devices should arrive sooner or later than others depending on the carrier. To check if the update is already available for the device, go to Settings, see About Phone (tablet) proceed to System Updates then go to Check Now.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics