‘The Voice’ Season 6 (2014) Live Shows Week 1 Episode 20 Spoilers: What Happens Next? Everything to Know About the Next Stage
By jaskiran kaur | April 17, 2014 9:41 AM EST
"The Voice" Season 6 (2014) has wrapped up its third stage of the competition called The Playoffs and has reached its final phase. Four coaches- Usher, Adam Levine, Blake Shelton and Shakira- chose the top 12 contestants to compete in final and the most exciting round of NBC's Emmy Award winning competition "The Voice." Here's a rundown to what comes next on "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) Live Shows Week 1 Episode 20. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
This article contains spoilers from "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) Live Shows. Read only if you want to know more about it.
The top 20 contestants of "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) competed in The Playoffs. The remaining five contestants from each team delivered an individual performance which were judged by coaches Usher, Adam Levine, Blake Shelton and Shakira in three-part The Playoffs round. The winners advanced to the next and the final level of the show called Live Shows and the rest were sent home. For the first time The Playoffs did not involve public voting, unlike previous seasons. At this point, each team consists of 3 contestants who will compete in the Live Shows week after week, until the top 12 contestants are reduced to just final four for the season finale.
How do they do it? During The Playoffs round, each coach selected three of his five artists to advance to the "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) Live Shows. In this round, each of these contestants will deliver individual performance and the results of which will be based on public voting. Contestants must be able to win viewers' confidence in order to escape weekly vote out.
"The Voice" Season 6 (2014) will also involve last-minute savior feature called "Instant Save." This unique feature was introduced in the show's previous season wherein viewers were able to save one contestant from bottom three each week (except finals) by casting their votes using their Twitter accounts.
Also, artists whose performed cover figures in Top 10 of the iTunes "Top 200 Singles Chart" during the voting window, they are awarded with iTunes Bonus. Their scores are multiplied by 5 except for the final performance.
"The Voice" Season 6 (2014) Episode 20 will see the beginning of Live Shows. This will take place over the period of five weeks. On first day of the week, contestants will perform and the results will be announced on the following day. So who made it through The Playoffs? Following are the names of the artists who made it through The Playoffs.
Team Adam: Christina Grimmie, Delvin Choice and Kat Perkins.
Team Shakira: Dani Moz, Kristen Merlin and Tess Boyer
Team Usher: Bria Kelly, Josh Kaufman and T.J. Wilkins.
Team Blake: Audra McLaughlin, Jake Worthington and Sisaundra Lewis.
"The Voice" Season 6 (2014) Week 1 Live Shows begins next week on April 21 and will be followed by results episode on April 22 on NBC.
For more spoilers and recap of "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination