Lionsgate, Studio Behind 'Divergent,' 'Hunger Games' and 'Twilight,' to Partner with RocketJump
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 17, 2014 9:09 AM EST
The gates have opened wider. The house where Tris, Katniss Everdeen and Isabella Swan have been known to have been born and raised is now reportedly letting RocketJump in for an innovative partnership.
Lionsgate has been known for its credibility when it comes to producing Hollywood movies, and it is best known for producing the box office sci-fi movies "Divergent," "Hunger Games" and "Twilight" with 34 television series on 22 different networks. The studio also has 15,000 titles in its film and television library.
In a Lionsgate press release, the studio announced that it is striking a deal with YouTube star Freddie Wong. The young innovator has started doing business online four years ago, together with other innovators Matt Arnold and Dez Dolly, and has risen to stardom since then with RocketJump Studios and a series called "Video Game High School."
Apparently, not everyone is familiar with the said title, because "Video Game High School" hasn't really been able to hit theatres. But it has become a YouTube sensation with reportedly 40 million views gained during its first three months.
And now YouTube and Hollywood decide to get real and go into partnership. According to a Deadline report, the deal between Lionsgate and RocketJump enables the former to gain access on RocketJump's lineup of "digital content, in-house talent and devoted fan base." In return, RocketJump gets to use Lionsgate's skills on being able to market content in a global scale.
"This partnership unites two entrepreneurial companies with similar cultures and a shared commitment to build new models for creating and delivering content to the next generation of audiences," Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer said in a statement provided in the press release.
According to Feltheimer, Freddie Wong is considered to be "one of digital media's most prolific and visionary creators" while his YouTube network RocketJump serves as a "bold and innovative platform that expands the breadth and diversity of content" that the studios pass to the audience.
On the other hand, Freddie Wong called Lionsgate as the "one studio" that really gets their brand and will let them have the freedom to flourish as digital content creators and distributors."
"It's rare to find a corporate partner who encourages true creativity, but our meetings with Lionsgate's creative team convinced us that this is the right move for RocketJump and our millions of fans," Wong shared.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border