Lionsgate, Studio Behind 'Divergent,' 'Hunger Games' and 'Twilight,' to Partner with RocketJump
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | April 17, 2014 9:09 AM EST
The gates have opened wider. The house where Tris, Katniss Everdeen and Isabella Swan have been known to have been born and raised is now reportedly letting RocketJump in for an innovative partnership.
Lionsgate has been known for its credibility when it comes to producing Hollywood movies, and it is best known for producing the box office sci-fi movies "Divergent," "Hunger Games" and "Twilight" with 34 television series on 22 different networks. The studio also has 15,000 titles in its film and television library.
In a Lionsgate press release, the studio announced that it is striking a deal with YouTube star Freddie Wong. The young innovator has started doing business online four years ago, together with other innovators Matt Arnold and Dez Dolly, and has risen to stardom since then with RocketJump Studios and a series called "Video Game High School."
Apparently, not everyone is familiar with the said title, because "Video Game High School" hasn't really been able to hit theatres. But it has become a YouTube sensation with reportedly 40 million views gained during its first three months.
And now YouTube and Hollywood decide to get real and go into partnership. According to a Deadline report, the deal between Lionsgate and RocketJump enables the former to gain access on RocketJump's lineup of "digital content, in-house talent and devoted fan base." In return, RocketJump gets to use Lionsgate's skills on being able to market content in a global scale.
"This partnership unites two entrepreneurial companies with similar cultures and a shared commitment to build new models for creating and delivering content to the next generation of audiences," Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer said in a statement provided in the press release.
According to Feltheimer, Freddie Wong is considered to be "one of digital media's most prolific and visionary creators" while his YouTube network RocketJump serves as a "bold and innovative platform that expands the breadth and diversity of content" that the studios pass to the audience.
On the other hand, Freddie Wong called Lionsgate as the "one studio" that really gets their brand and will let them have the freedom to flourish as digital content creators and distributors."
"It's rare to find a corporate partner who encourages true creativity, but our meetings with Lionsgate's creative team convinced us that this is the right move for RocketJump and our millions of fans," Wong shared.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown