Leonardo DiCaprio Confirmed for ‘The Revenant’ Directed by Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 17, 2014 8:52 AM EST
Leonardo DiCaprio has chosen Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu as the director of his next film. The Revenant, which promises to be a thriller, will go on the floors in September 2014.
The movie is expected to release in fall 2015 by Fox, Hollywood Deadline reported. Inarritu has co-written the script with Mark L Smith. The movie will be produced by David Kanter, Keith Redmon and Steve Golin from Anonymous Content. Paul Green, Brett Ratner, James Skotchdopole, Milchan and Inarritu himself will be the executive producers. Worldview Entertainment and RatPac are going to co-finance the movie.
DiCaprio's next film is an adaptation of the novel of a similar name by Michael Punke. The original novel is titled as The Revenant: A Novel of Revenge. DiCaprio will play the character of Hugh Glass, a fur trapper who is mauled by a bear. Thereafter, his associates leave him for dead after robbing him. Glass survives and then sets out on a journey to take revenge. The story is based in the 19th century.
DiCaprio apparently took some time to decide which movie he should be associated with after he missed another Oscar this year for the Best Actor category. His next choice of director, Inarritu, is a widely acclaimed director whose Death Trilogy had some of the most recognised faces in world cinema. The Death Trilogy consisted of three films that had death as its central theme. The three films were Amores Perros, 21 Grams and Babel.
Even though DiCaprio's name has been associated with Inarritu's for some time, he apparently could not manage to accommodate the movie into his busy schedule. However, everything seems to be sorted out for the time being as the production is expected to start soon.
DiCaprio, represented by LBI Entertainment, impressed both the masses and the classy with his previous two films, The Wolf of Wall Street and The Great Gatsby. He seems to be committed to impress them even further. Whether we see DiCaprio finally winning an Oscar with Inarritu's film can only be decided over time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best