Leonardo DiCaprio Confirmed for ‘The Revenant’ Directed by Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 17, 2014 8:52 AM EST
Leonardo DiCaprio has chosen Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu as the director of his next film. The Revenant, which promises to be a thriller, will go on the floors in September 2014.
The movie is expected to release in fall 2015 by Fox, Hollywood Deadline reported. Inarritu has co-written the script with Mark L Smith. The movie will be produced by David Kanter, Keith Redmon and Steve Golin from Anonymous Content. Paul Green, Brett Ratner, James Skotchdopole, Milchan and Inarritu himself will be the executive producers. Worldview Entertainment and RatPac are going to co-finance the movie.
DiCaprio's next film is an adaptation of the novel of a similar name by Michael Punke. The original novel is titled as The Revenant: A Novel of Revenge. DiCaprio will play the character of Hugh Glass, a fur trapper who is mauled by a bear. Thereafter, his associates leave him for dead after robbing him. Glass survives and then sets out on a journey to take revenge. The story is based in the 19th century.
DiCaprio apparently took some time to decide which movie he should be associated with after he missed another Oscar this year for the Best Actor category. His next choice of director, Inarritu, is a widely acclaimed director whose Death Trilogy had some of the most recognised faces in world cinema. The Death Trilogy consisted of three films that had death as its central theme. The three films were Amores Perros, 21 Grams and Babel.
Even though DiCaprio's name has been associated with Inarritu's for some time, he apparently could not manage to accommodate the movie into his busy schedule. However, everything seems to be sorted out for the time being as the production is expected to start soon.
DiCaprio, represented by LBI Entertainment, impressed both the masses and the classy with his previous two films, The Wolf of Wall Street and The Great Gatsby. He seems to be committed to impress them even further. Whether we see DiCaprio finally winning an Oscar with Inarritu's film can only be decided over time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’