Leonardo DiCaprio Confirmed for ‘The Revenant’ Directed by Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 17, 2014 8:52 AM EST
Leonardo DiCaprio has chosen Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu as the director of his next film. The Revenant, which promises to be a thriller, will go on the floors in September 2014.
The movie is expected to release in fall 2015 by Fox, Hollywood Deadline reported. Inarritu has co-written the script with Mark L Smith. The movie will be produced by David Kanter, Keith Redmon and Steve Golin from Anonymous Content. Paul Green, Brett Ratner, James Skotchdopole, Milchan and Inarritu himself will be the executive producers. Worldview Entertainment and RatPac are going to co-finance the movie.
DiCaprio's next film is an adaptation of the novel of a similar name by Michael Punke. The original novel is titled as The Revenant: A Novel of Revenge. DiCaprio will play the character of Hugh Glass, a fur trapper who is mauled by a bear. Thereafter, his associates leave him for dead after robbing him. Glass survives and then sets out on a journey to take revenge. The story is based in the 19th century.
DiCaprio apparently took some time to decide which movie he should be associated with after he missed another Oscar this year for the Best Actor category. His next choice of director, Inarritu, is a widely acclaimed director whose Death Trilogy had some of the most recognised faces in world cinema. The Death Trilogy consisted of three films that had death as its central theme. The three films were Amores Perros, 21 Grams and Babel.
Even though DiCaprio's name has been associated with Inarritu's for some time, he apparently could not manage to accommodate the movie into his busy schedule. However, everything seems to be sorted out for the time being as the production is expected to start soon.
DiCaprio, represented by LBI Entertainment, impressed both the masses and the classy with his previous two films, The Wolf of Wall Street and The Great Gatsby. He seems to be committed to impress them even further. Whether we see DiCaprio finally winning an Oscar with Inarritu's film can only be decided over time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks