Leonardo DiCaprio Confirmed for ‘The Revenant’ Directed by Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 17, 2014 8:52 AM EST
Leonardo DiCaprio has chosen Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu as the director of his next film. The Revenant, which promises to be a thriller, will go on the floors in September 2014.
Actor Leonardo DiCaprio arrives at the 69th annual Golden Globe Awards in Beverly Hills, California, January 15, 2012.
The movie is expected to release in fall 2015 by Fox, Hollywood Deadline reported. Inarritu has co-written the script with Mark L Smith. The movie will be produced by David Kanter, Keith Redmon and Steve Golin from Anonymous Content. Paul Green, Brett Ratner, James Skotchdopole, Milchan and Inarritu himself will be the executive producers. Worldview Entertainment and RatPac are going to co-finance the movie.
DiCaprio's next film is an adaptation of the novel of a similar name by Michael Punke. The original novel is titled as The Revenant: A Novel of Revenge. DiCaprio will play the character of Hugh Glass, a fur trapper who is mauled by a bear. Thereafter, his associates leave him for dead after robbing him. Glass survives and then sets out on a journey to take revenge. The story is based in the 19th century.
DiCaprio apparently took some time to decide which movie he should be associated with after he missed another Oscar this year for the Best Actor category. His next choice of director, Inarritu, is a widely acclaimed director whose Death Trilogy had some of the most recognised faces in world cinema. The Death Trilogy consisted of three films that had death as its central theme. The three films were Amores Perros, 21 Grams and Babel.
Even though DiCaprio's name has been associated with Inarritu's for some time, he apparently could not manage to accommodate the movie into his busy schedule. However, everything seems to be sorted out for the time being as the production is expected to start soon.
DiCaprio, represented by LBI Entertainment, impressed both the masses and the classy with his previous two films, The Wolf of Wall Street and The Great Gatsby. He seems to be committed to impress them even further. Whether we see DiCaprio finally winning an Oscar with Inarritu's film can only be decided over time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]