Leonardo DiCaprio Confirmed for ‘The Revenant’ Directed by Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | April 17, 2014 8:52 AM EST
Leonardo DiCaprio has chosen Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu as the director of his next film. The Revenant, which promises to be a thriller, will go on the floors in September 2014.
The movie is expected to release in fall 2015 by Fox, Hollywood Deadline reported. Inarritu has co-written the script with Mark L Smith. The movie will be produced by David Kanter, Keith Redmon and Steve Golin from Anonymous Content. Paul Green, Brett Ratner, James Skotchdopole, Milchan and Inarritu himself will be the executive producers. Worldview Entertainment and RatPac are going to co-finance the movie.
DiCaprio's next film is an adaptation of the novel of a similar name by Michael Punke. The original novel is titled as The Revenant: A Novel of Revenge. DiCaprio will play the character of Hugh Glass, a fur trapper who is mauled by a bear. Thereafter, his associates leave him for dead after robbing him. Glass survives and then sets out on a journey to take revenge. The story is based in the 19th century.
DiCaprio apparently took some time to decide which movie he should be associated with after he missed another Oscar this year for the Best Actor category. His next choice of director, Inarritu, is a widely acclaimed director whose Death Trilogy had some of the most recognised faces in world cinema. The Death Trilogy consisted of three films that had death as its central theme. The three films were Amores Perros, 21 Grams and Babel.
Even though DiCaprio's name has been associated with Inarritu's for some time, he apparently could not manage to accommodate the movie into his busy schedule. However, everything seems to be sorted out for the time being as the production is expected to start soon.
DiCaprio, represented by LBI Entertainment, impressed both the masses and the classy with his previous two films, The Wolf of Wall Street and The Great Gatsby. He seems to be committed to impress them even further. Whether we see DiCaprio finally winning an Oscar with Inarritu's film can only be decided over time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares