Chris Brown Teases Ariana Grande Duet with New Video, Grande to be Awarded as Breakthrough Artist of the Year [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | April 17, 2014 8:17 AM EST
The long wait is finally over, Chris Brown and Ariana Grande's "Don't Be Gone Too Long" teaser is out featuring three and a half-minute video of the 24-year-old singer performing a one-take dance silhouette. Currently behind bars and waiting for trial from his assault charges, the R&B singer's camp released a video preview of the duet after so many delays.
Brown wore a long-sleeved short and trousers as he was backlit from above as the camera focuses on a single vantage point. The short clip also features the vocals of the "Sam & Cat" star as the recording artist rolled his shoulders and popped his joints while dancing to the beat of the music.
Still waiting for his April 23 court date, Brown was arrested by allegedly breaking a man's nose during an argument in Washington D.C. last year. After spending three weeks in solitary confinement to protect him from other inmates, the singer was transferred last week to the jail in Virginia.
During an alleged assault in Washington D.C., Brown was still on probation in California for his 2009 attack on singer Rihanna, who was his girlfriend during that time. The singer has been working on his sixth studio album titled "X" and is scheduled for a May 5 release date.
Ariana Grande to be Awarded as Breakthrough Artist of the Year
TV star tuned pop diva Ariana Grande is set to be awarded as Breakthrough Artist of the Year at the Music Biz 2014 Awards Luncheon on Thursday, May 8, at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles.
Formerly known as NARM and digitalmusic.org, the Music Business Association recognizes the Nickelodeon star's achievements over the past year. Out of nowhere Grande became an overnight sensation when her debut single "Yours Truly" topped the Billboard chart and earned a double platinum for her first album.
"Ariana is a multi-talented entertainer, commanding both the microphone and the camera in her dual careers as a musician and actress," says Music Biz president James Donio in an interview with Billboard. "While Nickelodeon fans have known her for years from her roles on hit TV shows Victorious and Sam & Cat, she exploded into the music world this year with her stunning debut album. Our recognition just underscores her potential for even greater success in the years ahead."
Check out the "Don't be Gone Too long" preview here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]