Chris Brown Teases Ariana Grande Duet with New Video, Grande to be Awarded as Breakthrough Artist of the Year [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | April 17, 2014 8:17 AM EST
The long wait is finally over, Chris Brown and Ariana Grande's "Don't Be Gone Too Long" teaser is out featuring three and a half-minute video of the 24-year-old singer performing a one-take dance silhouette. Currently behind bars and waiting for trial from his assault charges, the R&B singer's camp released a video preview of the duet after so many delays.
Brown wore a long-sleeved short and trousers as he was backlit from above as the camera focuses on a single vantage point. The short clip also features the vocals of the "Sam & Cat" star as the recording artist rolled his shoulders and popped his joints while dancing to the beat of the music.
Still waiting for his April 23 court date, Brown was arrested by allegedly breaking a man's nose during an argument in Washington D.C. last year. After spending three weeks in solitary confinement to protect him from other inmates, the singer was transferred last week to the jail in Virginia.
During an alleged assault in Washington D.C., Brown was still on probation in California for his 2009 attack on singer Rihanna, who was his girlfriend during that time. The singer has been working on his sixth studio album titled "X" and is scheduled for a May 5 release date.
Ariana Grande to be Awarded as Breakthrough Artist of the Year
TV star tuned pop diva Ariana Grande is set to be awarded as Breakthrough Artist of the Year at the Music Biz 2014 Awards Luncheon on Thursday, May 8, at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles.
Formerly known as NARM and digitalmusic.org, the Music Business Association recognizes the Nickelodeon star's achievements over the past year. Out of nowhere Grande became an overnight sensation when her debut single "Yours Truly" topped the Billboard chart and earned a double platinum for her first album.
"Ariana is a multi-talented entertainer, commanding both the microphone and the camera in her dual careers as a musician and actress," says Music Biz president James Donio in an interview with Billboard. "While Nickelodeon fans have known her for years from her roles on hit TV shows Victorious and Sam & Cat, she exploded into the music world this year with her stunning debut album. Our recognition just underscores her potential for even greater success in the years ahead."
Check out the "Don't be Gone Too long" preview here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine