Chris Brown Teases Ariana Grande Duet with New Video, Grande to be Awarded as Breakthrough Artist of the Year [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | April 17, 2014 8:17 AM EST
The long wait is finally over, Chris Brown and Ariana Grande's "Don't Be Gone Too Long" teaser is out featuring three and a half-minute video of the 24-year-old singer performing a one-take dance silhouette. Currently behind bars and waiting for trial from his assault charges, the R&B singer's camp released a video preview of the duet after so many delays.
Brown wore a long-sleeved short and trousers as he was backlit from above as the camera focuses on a single vantage point. The short clip also features the vocals of the "Sam & Cat" star as the recording artist rolled his shoulders and popped his joints while dancing to the beat of the music.
Still waiting for his April 23 court date, Brown was arrested by allegedly breaking a man's nose during an argument in Washington D.C. last year. After spending three weeks in solitary confinement to protect him from other inmates, the singer was transferred last week to the jail in Virginia.
During an alleged assault in Washington D.C., Brown was still on probation in California for his 2009 attack on singer Rihanna, who was his girlfriend during that time. The singer has been working on his sixth studio album titled "X" and is scheduled for a May 5 release date.
Ariana Grande to be Awarded as Breakthrough Artist of the Year
TV star tuned pop diva Ariana Grande is set to be awarded as Breakthrough Artist of the Year at the Music Biz 2014 Awards Luncheon on Thursday, May 8, at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles.
Formerly known as NARM and digitalmusic.org, the Music Business Association recognizes the Nickelodeon star's achievements over the past year. Out of nowhere Grande became an overnight sensation when her debut single "Yours Truly" topped the Billboard chart and earned a double platinum for her first album.
"Ariana is a multi-talented entertainer, commanding both the microphone and the camera in her dual careers as a musician and actress," says Music Biz president James Donio in an interview with Billboard. "While Nickelodeon fans have known her for years from her roles on hit TV shows Victorious and Sam & Cat, she exploded into the music world this year with her stunning debut album. Our recognition just underscores her potential for even greater success in the years ahead."
Check out the "Don't be Gone Too long" preview here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown