Beyonce, JLo and Kim Kardashian Move Over: Meet the Queen of Butt Selfies, Instagram Celebrity Jen Selter
By charmaine corne clutton | April 17, 2014 8:13 AM EST
Jen Selter has definitely taken the internet by storm; the newly coined "Queen of Butt Selfies" has quickly garnered hundreds of thousands of followers on social media outlet, Instagram. Surely the likes of Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez and Kim Kardashian are upstaged by the new queen of 'belfies' (butt selfies) who is none other than Instagram star Jen Selter.
Being 20 years young, Jen Selter has definitely grown to become an overnight celebrity. The Instagram celebrity, who has almost four million in following, already has a feature in none other than the fashion bible "Vanity Fair" and two fitness deals on the table.
Jen Selter loves what she does; the 20-year old global social media icon has inspired many people to hit the gym across the board. The Queen of Butt Selfies, a moniker she has earned due to all of the daily pictures she posts on INstagram that has catapulted her into being a sought-after fitness model, is often lauded for becoming the first Instagram famous to grace the cover of a very reputable magazine. In fact, Selter might be the first woman to be discovered through the picture-sharing site.
The success of Jen Selter, however, comes with many criticisms and derogatory comments.
"There are days were I can get a comment talking about how ugly I am followed by another comment from another person telling me how much I have inspired them; the latter, of course, overpowers the first comment," says Selter in an interview with Huffington Post.
"The negative comments don't really affect me; the positive comments, on the other hand, are amazing," Selter further revealed to Huffington Post. The overnight celebrity definitely knows how to keep her calm despite the flow of negative comments.
Vanity Fair has also brought to the surface another issue that Jen Selter has seemed to generate in the public. In the featurette in the magazine, writer Carimah Towne clams that the popularity of Selter's booty perpetuates the idea that curves are the "in" thing in fashion-thereby effectively dismissing women of color who have long sported such curves since time immemorial.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate