Beyonce, JLo and Kim Kardashian Move Over: Meet the Queen of Butt Selfies, Instagram Celebrity Jen Selter
By charmaine corne clutton | April 17, 2014 8:13 AM EST
Jen Selter has definitely taken the internet by storm; the newly coined "Queen of Butt Selfies" has quickly garnered hundreds of thousands of followers on social media outlet, Instagram. Surely the likes of Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez and Kim Kardashian are upstaged by the new queen of 'belfies' (butt selfies) who is none other than Instagram star Jen Selter.
Being 20 years young, Jen Selter has definitely grown to become an overnight celebrity. The Instagram celebrity, who has almost four million in following, already has a feature in none other than the fashion bible "Vanity Fair" and two fitness deals on the table.
Jen Selter loves what she does; the 20-year old global social media icon has inspired many people to hit the gym across the board. The Queen of Butt Selfies, a moniker she has earned due to all of the daily pictures she posts on INstagram that has catapulted her into being a sought-after fitness model, is often lauded for becoming the first Instagram famous to grace the cover of a very reputable magazine. In fact, Selter might be the first woman to be discovered through the picture-sharing site.
The success of Jen Selter, however, comes with many criticisms and derogatory comments.
"There are days were I can get a comment talking about how ugly I am followed by another comment from another person telling me how much I have inspired them; the latter, of course, overpowers the first comment," says Selter in an interview with Huffington Post.
"The negative comments don't really affect me; the positive comments, on the other hand, are amazing," Selter further revealed to Huffington Post. The overnight celebrity definitely knows how to keep her calm despite the flow of negative comments.
Vanity Fair has also brought to the surface another issue that Jen Selter has seemed to generate in the public. In the featurette in the magazine, writer Carimah Towne clams that the popularity of Selter's booty perpetuates the idea that curves are the "in" thing in fashion-thereby effectively dismissing women of color who have long sported such curves since time immemorial.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0