Beyonce, JLo and Kim Kardashian Move Over: Meet the Queen of Butt Selfies, Instagram Celebrity Jen Selter
By charmaine corne clutton | April 17, 2014 8:13 AM EST
Jen Selter has definitely taken the internet by storm; the newly coined "Queen of Butt Selfies" has quickly garnered hundreds of thousands of followers on social media outlet, Instagram. Surely the likes of Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez and Kim Kardashian are upstaged by the new queen of 'belfies' (butt selfies) who is none other than Instagram star Jen Selter.
Being 20 years young, Jen Selter has definitely grown to become an overnight celebrity. The Instagram celebrity, who has almost four million in following, already has a feature in none other than the fashion bible "Vanity Fair" and two fitness deals on the table.
Jen Selter loves what she does; the 20-year old global social media icon has inspired many people to hit the gym across the board. The Queen of Butt Selfies, a moniker she has earned due to all of the daily pictures she posts on INstagram that has catapulted her into being a sought-after fitness model, is often lauded for becoming the first Instagram famous to grace the cover of a very reputable magazine. In fact, Selter might be the first woman to be discovered through the picture-sharing site.
The success of Jen Selter, however, comes with many criticisms and derogatory comments.
"There are days were I can get a comment talking about how ugly I am followed by another comment from another person telling me how much I have inspired them; the latter, of course, overpowers the first comment," says Selter in an interview with Huffington Post.
"The negative comments don't really affect me; the positive comments, on the other hand, are amazing," Selter further revealed to Huffington Post. The overnight celebrity definitely knows how to keep her calm despite the flow of negative comments.
Vanity Fair has also brought to the surface another issue that Jen Selter has seemed to generate in the public. In the featurette in the magazine, writer Carimah Towne clams that the popularity of Selter's booty perpetuates the idea that curves are the "in" thing in fashion-thereby effectively dismissing women of color who have long sported such curves since time immemorial.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World