Chelsea FC Transfer News: Atleti Mentor will not Prevent Blues Target from Leaving
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 17, 2014 6:31 AM EST
Chelsea target Diego Costa will not be prevented from leaving his current club, Atletico Madrid, should he decide to move on to the next chapter of his playing career.
“I will support any decision he makes. It's natural that Chelsea are interested in him. And that makes me happy because my aim and that of my coaching staff is to see our players improve.” - Diego Simeone on Diego Costa
The Brazil-born Spain international will be a big loss to the Los Rojiblancos squad, but it will be perfectly fine with manager Diego Simeone because it only proves that he is doing his job effectively as a teacher of the beautiful game.
"It will depend on him and what he thinks is the best for his future," said Simeone.
"I will support any decision he makes. It's natural that Chelsea are interested in him. And that makes me happy because my aim and that of my coaching staff is to see our players improve."
"We understand that Chelsea have huge financial power, and if he wants to live off football for the rest of his life, I will have no problem in him going."
"It was like Radamel Falcao, how could I tell him not to go to Monaco?"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Believes Wilshere's Performance Against City Not Enough For Man Utd Legend Paul Scholes
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date