Chelsea FC Transfer News: Madrid Boss Reveals Blues Striker 'would Love' to Return to Boyhood Club
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 17, 2014 6:05 AM EST
Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone revealed that Chelsea striker and former teammate Fernando Torres "would love" to return to the place where his career started.
“Of course he would love to come back to the club he grew up in and where he was very happy.” - Diego Simeone on Chelsea's Fernando Torres
The Spain international came through the youth ranks at the Vicente Calderon before spending six seasons as member of the seniors' squad.
He has, however, struggled with form at west London since coming on from Liverpool, where he enjoyed the best years of his playing career, so far.
"Fernando is always with us," Simeone told Spanish news agency Onda Cero.
"Obviously I have sent messages to him, he is very happy with everything that is happening to this team, he is always present, wishing us luck."
"Of course he would love to come back to the club he grew up in and where he was very happy."
Torres' contract runs until 2016, but a move back to his boyhood club will benefit interested parties concerned.
The Rojiblancos will be able to immediately replace Diego Costa, who is expected to move to a bigger club this summer, while the Blues may make use of the funds obtained from the transfer to find a world-class target man.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery