Chelsea FC News: Atletico Boss Confirms First-Choice Keeper will Play Against Blues
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 17, 2014 5:21 AM EST
Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone confirmed that first-choice goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois will be fielded in against Chelsea in their Champions League semi-final clash.
Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone confrims that he will field in Thibaut Courtois against Chelsea in their Champions League semi-final clash
"I have no doubt that he [Courtois] is going to play against Chelsea, and neither does he," said the Argentine mentor.
The Belgian shot-stopper is currently the subject of a controversy that involves a provision in his loan contract, which essentially states that he will not be able to feature against his mother club.
However, UEFA issued a statement a few days ago indicating that such agreement is null and void.
What seems to be apparent from the circumstances is that Simeone is willing to gamble playing the 21-year-old Courtois, risking the chances of extending his stay at the Vicente Calderon beyond this season.
"We aren't worried about it. One thing I don't know is where he will be playing next year," he added.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’