Chelsea FC News: Atletico Boss Confirms First-Choice Keeper will Play Against Blues
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 17, 2014 5:21 AM EST
Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone confirmed that first-choice goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois will be fielded in against Chelsea in their Champions League semi-final clash.
Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone confrims that he will field in Thibaut Courtois against Chelsea in their Champions League semi-final clash
"I have no doubt that he [Courtois] is going to play against Chelsea, and neither does he," said the Argentine mentor.
The Belgian shot-stopper is currently the subject of a controversy that involves a provision in his loan contract, which essentially states that he will not be able to feature against his mother club.
However, UEFA issued a statement a few days ago indicating that such agreement is null and void.
What seems to be apparent from the circumstances is that Simeone is willing to gamble playing the 21-year-old Courtois, risking the chances of extending his stay at the Vicente Calderon beyond this season.
"We aren't worried about it. One thing I don't know is where he will be playing next year," he added.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Rhonda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen