Chelsea FC News: Atletico Boss Confirms First-Choice Keeper will Play Against Blues
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 17, 2014 5:21 AM EST
Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone confirmed that first-choice goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois will be fielded in against Chelsea in their Champions League semi-final clash.
Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone confrims that he will field in Thibaut Courtois against Chelsea in their Champions League semi-final clash
"I have no doubt that he [Courtois] is going to play against Chelsea, and neither does he," said the Argentine mentor.
The Belgian shot-stopper is currently the subject of a controversy that involves a provision in his loan contract, which essentially states that he will not be able to feature against his mother club.
However, UEFA issued a statement a few days ago indicating that such agreement is null and void.
What seems to be apparent from the circumstances is that Simeone is willing to gamble playing the 21-year-old Courtois, risking the chances of extending his stay at the Vicente Calderon beyond this season.
"We aren't worried about it. One thing I don't know is where he will be playing next year," he added.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Without LeBron James, Kevin Durant And Other Stars, Team USA Looks to James Harden As Leader In 2014 FIBA World Cup in Spain
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble