Chelsea FC News: Atletico Boss Confirms First-Choice Keeper will Play Against Blues
By Mark Wayne Eubank | April 17, 2014 5:21 AM EST
Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone confirmed that first-choice goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois will be fielded in against Chelsea in their Champions League semi-final clash.
Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone confrims that he will field in Thibaut Courtois against Chelsea in their Champions League semi-final clash
"I have no doubt that he [Courtois] is going to play against Chelsea, and neither does he," said the Argentine mentor.
The Belgian shot-stopper is currently the subject of a controversy that involves a provision in his loan contract, which essentially states that he will not be able to feature against his mother club.
However, UEFA issued a statement a few days ago indicating that such agreement is null and void.
What seems to be apparent from the circumstances is that Simeone is willing to gamble playing the 21-year-old Courtois, risking the chances of extending his stay at the Vicente Calderon beyond this season.
"We aren't worried about it. One thing I don't know is where he will be playing next year," he added.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- Khloe Kardashian Sympathetic About Ex-Husband Lamar Odom in Recent Instagram Posts
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People