17-Year-Old Irish Teen Goes into Coma After Friend Squeezes Testicles
By Vittorio Hernandez | April 17, 2014 4:09 AM EST
Young men, beware of the consequences of teen pranks such as squeezing your pal's testicles. In the case of a 17-year-old Irish student, the joke gone bad led to the doctors treating him to place the youth in a state of induced coma.
The victim, a fifth year student at St Davis CBS, was horsing around with his pals after lunch when one of his mates jerked the poor guy's balls, reported the Irish Mirror.
After the joke, a teacher and another student performed CPR on the victim while waiting for the arrival of the emergency services. He was brought to an intensive care ward of Beaumont Hospital in Dublin. As of Friday night, his condition was listed as stable.
The Irish police, Gardai, is probing the testicle-squeezing incident. While witnesses said the joke was not malicious, the police considered it an assault.
Dr Irwin Goldstein, a urologist and the director of the San Diego Sexual Medicine department, said the young man experienced a heart attack after his testicles were squeezed because the trauma could release a large amount of adrenalin.
He explained, quoted by Gizmondo, "Yes, the testicles are exquisitely sensitive to touch and there is a huge release of adrenalin when there is excessive force applied to these organs ... A heart attack could certainly result from severe testicular pain from squeezing."
That explains why men who try to rape women and are kicked in their balls double in pain and this situation could lead to the victim escaping from a sexual assault.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Canadian Ebola Drug: Tekmira Firm Starts Limited Manufacturing of Vaccine, Available By December; Shares Up
- Final 2014 Solar Eclipse: When And How To Safely View It Plus Where To Watch Online Via Live Stream
- Britons Advised to Brace for Strong Hurricane Gonzalo Bearing Winds Up to 75mph; Affects Flights, Train Services
- MH370 Search Update: Australian Scientist Has Reportedly Found A Solution To The Mystery Of Missing Malaysia Airlines Jet
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Slooh To Have Live Broadcast Of Orionids Meteor Shower October 21 Peak, NASA Assures Ideal Observing Conditions
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop