Lok Sabha Elections 2014: UP CM Says Third Front Will Form Next Government
By Rama Mohan | April 16, 2014 10:39 PM EST
The ruling Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh has said that the Third Front will form a stable government at the Centre with Congress' support, after the ongoing Lok Sabha elections.
CM Akhilesh Yadav. (Reuters, file photo)
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav of SP on 15 April predicted that the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) would not get the required numbers to form the government, and the Congress will turn as the weakest after the Lok Sabha polls. However, the Third Front parties will get maximum seats to form the next government, the UP CM added.
In an interview to PTI, Yadav said that the current election trend says the BJP will not get the magic number to form the next government.
On the likely support of Congress to the Third Front, Yadav said: "Samajwadi thinker Ram Manohar (Lohia) used to say whenever Congress remain in weak position, it would support Samajwadis... And in the present election, the situation appears so... Due to which, Congress will help in forming secular government".
When asked who will lead the Third Front, the UP CM stated: "It is too early to tell who will lead the Front... It will depend on the number of seats won by the parties associated with the Front. SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav and other leaders with secular approach will sit and decide on shape of a stable government, and will find a way."
When asked about the stability of the predicted government by the Third Front by keeping in view of the past experiences, Yadav said that now democracy in India has been matured, and no partner in the Third Front would break the front's unity based on ego clashes. He hoped that a weak Congress will definitely support secular parties to form the next government.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows
- Prince Charles to Reshape Monarchy When He Becomes King – Report
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- China Is Building An Island In The Spratly Islands—Report
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide