iPhone 6 Release Soon as Handset's Accessories Appear in HK Electronics Show
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 16, 2014 10:35 PM EST
iPhone 6 release date may be very soon. Accessories of the unannounced handset has taken the centerstage at the recent electronics show in Hong Kong.
More voices were added to the snowballing iPhone 6 discourse, its 2014 release date supposedly gaining more ground as a new render and fresh details defining the hotly-anticipated handset came out.
Apple Insider cited Mac Otakara, a Japanese Web site, citing various vendors sell iPhone 6 accessories at this year's Hong Kong trade show. The trade expo was arranged by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC). It prides itself as Asia's largest spring fair highlighting different products from OEMs and aftermarket vendors.
The Cupertino-based tech giant has not announced the official specs and dimensions of some exhibitors claiming they have the metal mock-up of iPhone 6. One exhibitor noted to have physical metal mock-ups of iPhone 6 developed by an unknown manufacturer and was claimed to mold slim plastic cases.
But the alleged mock-up closely resembles the purported photo of the finished iPhone 6 chassis that emerged in the previous month.
"Both the mockup and the alleged case back include a protruding rear-facing camera lens and single round flash module, inconsistent with current models that sport a flush-mounted lens and pill-shaped True Tone dual-LED flash," according to the report of Apple Insider.
Latest reports said iPhone 6 will be $100 more expensive compared to the current iPhone 5S. Jefferies Analyst Peter Misek said Apple is negotiating with carriers to increase the upfont selling price of iPhones to $299 instead of the usual $199.
Reports added Apple is currently working on the two variants of iPhone 6. The next flagship phone is speculated to arrive in two screen sizes, 4.7 inches and 5.5 inches.
Some of the specs anticipated to arrive in the device are A8 processor, iOS 8 and touchID fingerprint sensor. But Apple is still tight-lipped when it comes to its roadmap this year and the upcoming devices.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies