iPhone 6 Release Soon as Handset's Accessories Appear in HK Electronics Show
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 16, 2014 10:35 PM EST
iPhone 6 release date may be very soon. Accessories of the unannounced handset has taken the centerstage at the recent electronics show in Hong Kong.
More voices were added to the snowballing iPhone 6 discourse, its 2014 release date supposedly gaining more ground as a new render and fresh details defining the hotly-anticipated handset came out.
Apple Insider cited Mac Otakara, a Japanese Web site, citing various vendors sell iPhone 6 accessories at this year's Hong Kong trade show. The trade expo was arranged by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC). It prides itself as Asia's largest spring fair highlighting different products from OEMs and aftermarket vendors.
The Cupertino-based tech giant has not announced the official specs and dimensions of some exhibitors claiming they have the metal mock-up of iPhone 6. One exhibitor noted to have physical metal mock-ups of iPhone 6 developed by an unknown manufacturer and was claimed to mold slim plastic cases.
But the alleged mock-up closely resembles the purported photo of the finished iPhone 6 chassis that emerged in the previous month.
"Both the mockup and the alleged case back include a protruding rear-facing camera lens and single round flash module, inconsistent with current models that sport a flush-mounted lens and pill-shaped True Tone dual-LED flash," according to the report of Apple Insider.
Latest reports said iPhone 6 will be $100 more expensive compared to the current iPhone 5S. Jefferies Analyst Peter Misek said Apple is negotiating with carriers to increase the upfont selling price of iPhones to $299 instead of the usual $199.
Reports added Apple is currently working on the two variants of iPhone 6. The next flagship phone is speculated to arrive in two screen sizes, 4.7 inches and 5.5 inches.
Some of the specs anticipated to arrive in the device are A8 processor, iOS 8 and touchID fingerprint sensor. But Apple is still tight-lipped when it comes to its roadmap this year and the upcoming devices.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight