iPad Air 2 Release Soon as Carriers And Retailers Cut iPad Air Price
By Kristin Dian Mariano | April 16, 2014 10:29 PM EST
Apple iPad Air
Target offers a discount on the recently released iPad Air. The tablet originally costs $499. But current offers shaves off $50 from the tablet's regular price, making it $449 for the 16 GB Wi-Fi variant of iPad Air. The 32 GB variant costs $549 from $599.
iPad Mini with Retina display also reaped the benefits of the Target $50 gift card. iPad mini with Retina Display 16 GB Wi-Fi version is only $349.00, after a free Target gift card.
Meanwhile, T-Mobile, the fourth largest U.S. mobile carrier, has slashed the prices of its 16 GB iPad Air with 4G LTE connectivity by a considerable amount of $130. This offer covers all models, including iPad Air and iPad Mini.
Also, T-Mobile is offering 1.2 GB of free 4G LTE data every month until end of 2014, along with a $10 discount on its different data plans.
"T-Mobile's launching a full-on assault against the restrictions and pain points that keep tablet owners from experiencing life beyond the Wi-Fi zone. The Un-carrier is all about solving pain points, and today we're eliminating every reason to be stuck on an unconnected Wi-Fi-only tablet. There's no longer any need to limit the use of your tablet because you're intimidated by Big Blue, Bad Red or Bumbling Yellow," T-Mobile CEO John Legere said.
KGI Securities Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo believed the second-generation iPad Air could come earlier in the year than the previous iPad Air, which was released in October 2013.
The analyst added in his research note to investors that Apple will pack the touchID fingerprint sensor in the upgraded iPad Air and Retina iPad mini that will be released later this year.
Macrumors reported iPad Air 2 features will include the touch ID, A8 processor and improved camera with a resolution of 8 MP.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced