Dark Souls 2: Shrine of Winter Skip Glitch Allows Game to be completed within One and Half Hours; Physical PC Version Release Delayed
By Aditya Bhat | April 16, 2014 9:55 PM EST
One of the most difficult video game of 2014, Dark Souls 2 which at least takes 60 hours or less to complete the game now due to the Shrine of Winter skip glitch can be finished within one hour and 15 minutes.
Dark Souls 2 PC's digital version will be released on 25 April.
However, this glitch will work with the game's 1.00 version. The Shrine of Winter skip glitch will allow players to skip gather the four Great Souls before they head to Drangleic Castle. The Drangleic Castle part of the game is what pulls the game.
YouTube user and gamer, Noobest has posted a video showing how he finishes the game in a short time. Though he uses some "advanced chicanery to bypass certain portions of the game" he is worth of the achievement, reports Buzzfeed.
(YouTube Courtesy: Noobest)
YouTube user, SunlightBlade has also posted videos showing some of the glitches in the game, Dark Souls 2.
- Smelter Glitch - Here players get trapped in the walls when battling the Smelter Demon and eventually die. The only way to avoid it is to stay in the center of the arena and wait for it to be patched from developers.
- Disco Wharf Glitch - Here some parts of the environment will start flashing white and black. One theory is that it happens after running fast from one area to the no man's war. So if you want to stop this, players will have to quit and restart the game
- Drangleic Castel Glitch - Considered a game-breaking glitch that does not allow access for the players to the Drangleic Castle. For some players, the gollums will not absorb the souls at the castle entrance blocking them from progressing.
However, these glitches might have been already patched by the video game company Namco Bandai as they have previously stated that any glitch that blocks the progress will be treated as high priority and patched soon.
(YouTube Courtesy: SunlightBlade)
Physical PC version Delayed
The physical PC version of Dark Souls 2's release has been delayed and has been pushed back to 2 May for the UK customers. However, the digital version of the game will be released on 25 April, said Namco Bandai.
"This is only affecting the UK on the boxed release of the game. It will be delayed unfortunately and we apologise to the UK customers. This is due to a manufacturing issue with packaging. To confirm this will only affect the UK boxed launch," said publisher, Namco Bandai, Videogamer reported. The game is currently out only for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
Photo credit: darksouls ii
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft