Dark Souls 2: Shrine of Winter Skip Glitch Allows Game to be completed within One and Half Hours; Physical PC Version Release Delayed
By Aditya Bhat | April 16, 2014 9:55 PM EST
One of the most difficult video game of 2014, Dark Souls 2 which at least takes 60 hours or less to complete the game now due to the Shrine of Winter skip glitch can be finished within one hour and 15 minutes.
Dark Souls 2 PC's digital version will be released on 25 April.
However, this glitch will work with the game's 1.00 version. The Shrine of Winter skip glitch will allow players to skip gather the four Great Souls before they head to Drangleic Castle. The Drangleic Castle part of the game is what pulls the game.
YouTube user and gamer, Noobest has posted a video showing how he finishes the game in a short time. Though he uses some "advanced chicanery to bypass certain portions of the game" he is worth of the achievement, reports Buzzfeed.
(YouTube Courtesy: Noobest)
YouTube user, SunlightBlade has also posted videos showing some of the glitches in the game, Dark Souls 2.
- Smelter Glitch - Here players get trapped in the walls when battling the Smelter Demon and eventually die. The only way to avoid it is to stay in the center of the arena and wait for it to be patched from developers.
- Disco Wharf Glitch - Here some parts of the environment will start flashing white and black. One theory is that it happens after running fast from one area to the no man's war. So if you want to stop this, players will have to quit and restart the game
- Drangleic Castel Glitch - Considered a game-breaking glitch that does not allow access for the players to the Drangleic Castle. For some players, the gollums will not absorb the souls at the castle entrance blocking them from progressing.
However, these glitches might have been already patched by the video game company Namco Bandai as they have previously stated that any glitch that blocks the progress will be treated as high priority and patched soon.
(YouTube Courtesy: SunlightBlade)
Physical PC version Delayed
The physical PC version of Dark Souls 2's release has been delayed and has been pushed back to 2 May for the UK customers. However, the digital version of the game will be released on 25 April, said Namco Bandai.
"This is only affecting the UK on the boxed release of the game. It will be delayed unfortunately and we apologise to the UK customers. This is due to a manufacturing issue with packaging. To confirm this will only affect the UK boxed launch," said publisher, Namco Bandai, Videogamer reported. The game is currently out only for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
Photo credit: darksouls ii
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 New Update Brings Performance And Stability Improvements
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan