Box Office: Allu Arjun's 'Race Gurram' Surpasses ₹20-Crore Mark in AP
By sangeetha seshagiri | April 16, 2014 8:45 PM EST
Allu Arjun's family entertainer "Race Gurram" has continued to do steady business at the AP/Nizam box office.
The film has surpassed the ₹20-crore mark (share) in five days in AP/Nizam areas. In Nizam, "Race Gurram" has minted ₹7.49 crore share, whereas in Ceded, it has earned ₹4.01 crore share, according to Andhraboxoffice website. To know the area-wise breakup of film's five-day collections, click HERE.
"Race Gurram," which hit the screens on 11 April, has been performing well in India and overseas markets. In overall, the film took a good opening and minted over ₹15.13 crore share in its opening weekend in AP. The Allu Arjun starrer sustained its momentum and performed steadily on the fourth (14 April) and fifth day (15 April). It has crossed the ₹20-crore mark at the AP/Nizam box office, whereas it has surpassed the ₹25-crore mark at the worldwide box office.
"Race Gurram" is expected to earn more than ₹30 crore worldwide share at the end of the first week. The family entertainer flick has been doing fantastic business in overseas markets, particularly in the United States. The film has grossed over $800K in the US and is all set to enter $1 million club. It is expected to achieve the rare feat by the end of the first week.
The film is turning out to be the biggest hit in Allu Arjun's career. The success of "Race Gurram" should bring relief to the actor, whose last film "Iddarammayilatho" failed to set the cash registers ringing.
To celebrate the triumph of "Race Gurram," the film's team has arranged a success meet in Hyderabad on Thursday evening, 17 April. Allu Arjun, Shruti Haasan, director Surender Reddy and music composer Thaman are expected to attend the success meet.
Image credit: PR Handout
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales